z

Young Writers Society

Hullo everyone!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:12 am
Sweetyb1 says...

Hi there everybody! My name's Rebecca. You can call me that or by my username. Just please don't call me Becky. I beg of you :shock: Becca's alright though but I'd prefer just Rebecca :wink:

Let's see. I like:

Daydreaming
Sketching
Having music constantly playing (I always have my headphones on outside of class)
Reading and writing of course
Cats (I have four!)
Learning different languages
Being hyper with my friends
Anime/manga
Softball
Horseback riding

And other stuff too you guys will figure out eventually :D

I won't go into what I don't like because it's all typical stuff. You know people being mean, people stereotyping, etc.

Well I hope I'll make a lot of friends! Nice to meet you everyone!

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:17 am
Meshugenah says...

One, I love your name. Not that I'm like, biased or anything. Two, I'm totally not a Becky, either. I never respond when anyone calls me that -- I look around all confused, and then I'm like, "Oh! That's me! Uh..."

Anyway! Hi! Welcome to YWS! Cats and languages! An amazing combination, and totally one of my favorites ^^ my cats, a language book, and a notebook. What's your favorite genre to read/write?

Hope you enjoy your stay, here! And if you have any questions, or want to chat, drop me a line!

Mesh/Bek
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:09 am
Meep(: says...

Sweetyb1 wrote:Let's see. I like:

Daydreaming
Sketching
Having music constantly playing (I always have my headphones on outside of class)
Anime/manga
Softball

Win.

Heya Rebecca!
Welcome to our fandoodlytastical (You know you want to pronounce it ;)) YWS family! :D
*fanfare and red carpets*

I'm Meep(:! You can christen me anything you want.
Meep, Meepers, Meepster, Meeps etc...
I'm a Greeter, the people with the cyan/blue coloured names.
Meshugenah is an Administrator, in nice, sexy red XD

Anyhooey, I've got to run through with you a few rules:
Relax, it'll be as painless as having an injection with a nine-inch long needle.

Ready? (Of course you are!)
--> We've got the 2:1 ratio rule, where for every 1 piece of work you post, you must review 2 pieces of work done by others. Play fair ;)
--> Keep chatspeak and CAPS lock to an absolute minimal, please.
--> Rate your works appropriately. Strong language/violence, adult content should be rated 'R'. The moment the F-word sneaks its way into your work, it should be rated 'R', even if its just one.
--> Obscenities should be kept in the confines of your writing, but not in your comments. Of course, in your blog, you can speak freely. Freedom of speech, at the cost of one mortal soul. Great deal, eh?

Yay! It's over! :D
Well, I've got to go burn my math textbook now,
I hope to see you around!

Oh, don't hesitate to PM me for anything. Including the illegal sale of heroin.
I'm just kidding. Say 'No' to drugs XD
Have an excellent day! :D
~Meep(:
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:53 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hey Rebecca! My best friend's name is Rebecca too. But it's spelled Rebeckah, so yeah. :lol: So anyway, I'm Vivacious,but you can call me Viv, Vivi, Viva, Vivz, or any of the sort. Or you can call me by my real name, Chloe.

I love daydreaming, sketching, having music on, cats, learning different languages (I know Spanish, and I'm learning Hebrew and French,) being hyper, and I suck at sports so the last don't apply to me 0.o

At YWS we have something called groups. Head on up to the little “Groups” Icon at the top of the page. Click it and search for a group with the interest that you have. If you find one, join it! If not, at the top of the page there’s a link to a forum where you can create a group. Have fun!

Well, so feel free to PM me if you need any help or want me to review anything you've written!
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:01 pm
Carlito says...

Hey Rebecca, welcome to YWS! :D

I love pretty much all of those things too! :) What languages can you speak?/Trying to learn? I'm taking French in school and slowly teaching myself Portuguese. :)

Are you ready for some tough questions?
What's your favorite genre to read/write? What kind of music do you listen to? Who is your favorite manga/anime character? What's your favorite kind of ice cream? What's your favorite berry? If you were a marine biologist, what animal would you study and why?

I hope you have a great time here and if you have any questions or need anything, feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly

((Oh my gosh! 777 posts! Triple lucky! :D *coughs* *composes self*))
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:53 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hi Becca, and welcome to YWS!

Daydreaming
Sketching
Cats (I have four!)
Being hyper with my friends
Anime/manga
Softball
Horseback riding

Awesome. What do you like to sketch? More on the side of objects, people, animals...? And cats are adorable, though I like snakes better. How long have you been horseback riding? Are you a competition rider? I know a friend who's won more than one gold medal in races.

Now, I guess I get to explain that up there, in the header with the icons that Vivacious mentioned, you'll see an icon labelled 'Resources'. If you hover your mouse there, you'll find that there's something called the Knowledge Base. It's a collection of articles written by YWS users about different things, and you may find them very helpful.

Anyway, it's great to meet you, Becca! If you ever need anything, then you can PM me. I hope to see you around soon.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:12 pm
Sweetyb1 says...

Thanks you guys! Okay time to answer the questions!

Favorite Genre to Read/Write: Fantasy

Music: All kinds really. Except folk, trance, and classical music. Those are the three I really don't listen to.

Favorite Anime/Manga Character: Pass? (Oh hey that's one of my faves right there! Chrona from Soul Eater! This question has like a 10 way tie for an answer.)

Favorite Kind of Ice Cream: Chocolate Fudge Brownie. I'm a chocolate fiend.

Favorite Berry: Blueberry!

And what animal would I study and why. . .

I really don't know. Perhaps some kind of whales. Whales are cool :D

For sketching I like to sketch kind of cartoony things or in the anime style, but I also like sketching flowers and on occasion my cats.

I've been horseback riding since August 2008. I have been in one of my stables' competitions. There's another coming in October that I'm going to be in. I got two second place ribbons at the last one. I don't do racing though I do English saddle riding. So our competitions are showing how well we can control our horse and how good we and our horses look. Though we do jump sometimes, but I haven't tried that yet.

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:35 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

Hey Rebecca ^^ Welcome to YWS ;) I'm Shina, another one of those blue-titled people known as greeters. It is my job and my pleasure to greet the newbs of YWS xD

I see you like Gakuen Alice, unless that's you just found the icon xD That's one of my favorite mangas, but the show ended within 30 episodes =_= Luckily they have scans of the manga, so I always keep updated ^^ I've read like 20 of their books, but I'm still not satisfied. Where is the ending?! I must know @_@

Welcome to YWS, again! Hope you find this a great place to write and meet new friends.

Good Luck & Have Fun
-Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

I am proud of my self, the reason why some of you might disagree with me a little with, but nevertheless I still proud.
— Oxara