z

Young Writers Society

Gosh... I'm new too.....

Reviews: 2
Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:13 pm
elmoshurtside says...

Hey yall. Just droppin in to see what all you peeps have to say to the newbee. I hope to get to know some of yall. :wink:
Elmo Hurts Too!!!

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:01 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Hey there :D. I'm The.Dreamwalker but most people call me dreamwalker, DW, or TDW but you can call me whatever you like :D. It's a pleasure to meet you.

Some rules you might wish to know of are these three.

There is a 2:1 ratio rule on YWS. One submission of your stories equals you giving two reviews. This way the YWS economy will keep and and be wonderful.

Then there is no chat-speak. Please refrain from such language as 'Dis is dah bestest webbysite eva!'. We like full sentences with grammar and punctuation if that is alright :D. lol and smileys are alright though!

Then theres the no all-cap rules. Nobody likes all-caps and it just looks more professional to use italics or exclamation points anyways so make YWS happy :D.

Now that I got that out of the way, tell us a little about yourself. What's your favourite genre of music? Favourite band maybe? How about your favourite colour or food?

Other then that, if you have any questions, need someone to talk to, or even just want a friend or review, just PM me and I'll be there in a jiffy.

Ja ne
~The.Dreamwalker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:41 am
Carlito says...

Hey elmoshurtside, welcome to YWS! :D

My advice to you? Explore. There is a lot here at YWS. Check out the groups, maybe join a few. Look at all the boards, try to find all the dark hidden stuff that's there. :) (I don't even know if that exists :))

Are you ready for some tough questions?
What's your favorite genre to read/write? What kind of music do you listen to? What's your favorite movie? What's your favorite song on the radio right now? What's your favorite kind of soup? What's your favorite kind of pie? If you were a marine biologist, what animal would you study and why?

I hope you have a great time here, and if you have any questions or need anything, feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:46 am
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Hey! I don't know if anyone mentioned this rule but:
:arrow: Rate your work, it something has graphic scenes or the f-word. Please rate it R. If your work is not rated R, it will be displayed on the YWS homepage.

Also, you may have noticed that some people have colored user names. Here's a little guide so you know what every one's job sort of thing is:
Light blue: Greeters, they make sure new members feel welcome and answer any of their questions.

Purple: Instructors, they give the best, most in depth reviews. Feel free to ask them for one.

Light Green: Junior Moderators, they can moderate some of the forums.

Dark Green: Moderators, they can moderate all forums.

Red: Site administrators, they make sure the sight is running smoothly.

Orange: Distinguished members, retired mods.

So, everyone has already asked you the questions I would've asked. So, welcome and have fun on YWS! :D
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:02 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hey elmoshurtside! I'm Vivacious, but you can call me any variation of that or by my real name, Chloe.

So, if you've noticed, on YWS most people have stars under their avatars. Each star represents a number of reviews. Here's the system...

5 Reviews = 1 Star
25 Reviews = 2 Stars
75 Reviews = 3 Stars
150 Reviews = 4 Stars
250 Reviews = 5 Stars

For Blue Stars:

350 Reviews = 1 Blue Star, 4 Yellow Stars
450 Reviews = 2 Blue Stars, 3 Yellow Stars
550 Reviews = 3 Blue Stars, 2 Yellow Stars
650 Reviews = 4 Blue Stars, 1 Yellow Star
750 Reviews = 5 Blue Stars

For Red Stars:
850 Reviews = 1 Red Star, 4 Blue Stars
950 Reviews = 2 Red Stars, 3 Blue Stars
1050 Reviews = 3 Red Stars, 2 Blue Stars
1150 Reviews = 4 Red Stars, 1 Blue Star
1250 Reviews = 5 Red Stars
Sounds like a lot? Well, don't worry. Most of us don't have a lot. :)

So, feel free to PM me if you need help or would like me to review something you've written!
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:05 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hey Elmoshurtside and welcome to YWS! Great to meet you.

Anyway, looks like the rules have been explained. I'll expand upon the groups a little. You see, up at the top of the page, you'll notice a header with a button labelled 'Groups'. If you go there, you'll see a bunch of clubs, per se. If you check them out, you will, in most cases, find something that appeals to you. For example, if you like to debate, there's a usergroup called the Debate Group. If you like Star Wars, there's one called A Galaxy Far, Far Away. There are loads of other things, so you should look when you get the chance.

And do you see that link up above the featured works section at the top of the page. And above the log out button too. At the moment, that link leads to Squills, the YWS e-zine. That's the June issue, and it's full of flash fiction, poems, news, tips, and a lot of other fun stuff.

Anyway, great to meet you! If you ever need anything, or just want to talk, feel free to PM me. I'll see you around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:07 pm
Bobo says...

I have nothing to add, since I'm still trying to figure out this site's new features and everything, but WELCOME!

Reviews: 2
Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:26 am
elmoshurtside says...

Here is my thanks to you all...... Thanks!!!! :) haha. I'm glad you took the time to help me out. Feel free to add me as a friend. I can't wait to submit some work! :P
Elmo Hurts Too!!!

If a story is in you, it has to come out.
— William Faulkner