z

Young Writers Society

The Infamous Di... or LITHY

Reviews: 0
Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:24 am
Di says...

Hi guys.

I've wanted to be a writer basically since I figured out that people can get paid for writing stories. For the last five years I've worked on this seriously-almost six, as I mark 'writing seriously' as beginning with my first successful Nanowrimo.

I am one of the youngest people to successfully complete Nanowrimo-my first 50K, my first victory, was my first year when I was 11 years old. Not many people can say that. Last year I finished with 300, 000 words.

I've finished a few first drafts, but only one of my novels has made it through multiple revisions and is in the condition of a final draft. I had a publisher, but they folded-and might be opening up again in the near future, and who have asked me to come back.

I won't be around every night because someone sat on my laptop and broke the screen, but I'll be around. Usually at night. I try to sleep through the day because I'm extremely weak to sunlight and it gives me migraines, which makes my brain malfunction.

I'm known as Litharukia on most writing boards, as Di in my writing communities... I have many names.
My Blog: www.fictionalworlds.net

~For not all light is good
And not all dark is evil~

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:01 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

I've wanted to be a writer basically since I figured out that people can get paid for writing stories.

Awesome, ain't it? :lol:

Hi!*waves* I'm Kat, nice to meet you. Welcome to YWS!
How are you doing? *points microphone* *you look awkward* Errrrr, moving on.

I must, despise all of my contradictory feelings, explain you the rules.
So, we have three major rules here:

1. Keep the 2:1 ratio. That means that for every post you make on the Literature forum, you should do two reviews on somebody's else work. A review has to be at least 250 characters long to count (approximately three lines). Posts on the Groups and Community forums won't count.

2. Rate your work. Rated works will appear on the Home page, except the ones rated R.
You ask: When do I rate R?
You should rate R when your work contains explicit language (the f-word instantly gains a R) and/or adult scenes.

3. No chat speak (MC, POV and such are allowed) and keep capitalizing to a minimal.

That's about it! Still, I advise you to check the Rules.

You've tried to NaNo? *bows* That's amazing. And you succeeded? O.O
At eleven?!

Nice. See you later!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:30 pm
Carlito says...

Hey Di, Welcome to YWS! :D

Wow, you are a beast freak fast writer :) 300,000 in one month! :eek:
That's so cool that you could get published in the near future! You are so lucky! :)

There's a thread in the Community forum I believe all for NaNoWriMo. People here go slightly nuts over it :) Also, we're doing a JulNoWriMo this year. There's a topic about that somewhere I think....
Just explore a little, join some groups. :)

Anyway...
What's your favorite genre to read/write in? Who is your favorite author? What's your favorite kind of pie? If you could see one band/singer in concert and then meet them afterwords, who would you see? If you were a kind of shoe, what kind of shoe would you be?

I hope you have a great time here and if you have any questions or need anything, feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:06 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

Welcome to YWS. If you ever need anything, feel free to pm me.

see ya around

NM
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:31 pm
mizz-iceberg says...

Hola Lithy!

I won't be around every night because someone sat on my laptop and broke the screen,

I found that immensely amusing for some reason. :P

So, welcome to YWS! Good luck with your novel. I do hope it gets published.
I did my first NaNo last year, and won with 50,090 words. Heh. I envy you. 300,000!!!! That is amazing! How did you find the time, the energy?

Anywho, if you have any questions, concerns, or just want a review, feel free to PM me. :P

See you around!
-Zehra
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:07 am
Di says...

Kat,

It's wonderful. I tend not to post my work on forums, and I can't do any of that anyway right now because of the computer situation. I usually do more critiquing than anything, so you don't have to worry about the ratio. Everything I write is also dark and morbid and potentially R rated, so I feel particularly uncomfortable sharing it on forums (I refuse to put the worst of it on CC for the simple fact that I'm under 18 and would have to say only people over 18 can read it, and I REALLY don't know how that would go over).

I'll be around for the debates and stuff though.

~Lithy

Carly,

Everyone says that xD I'll explain fully how I managed it in one of my other responses.

I like to read pretty much all genres except most nonfic and chick lit, I'm extremely picky about my sci fi and my historical fiction but I like most fantasy and horror. I only write dark fantasy and outright horror. Why? Because my mind is too sick and twisted for much of anything else.

I also write dark poetry. My favourite author is actually Andrea Spalding, mostly because of the memories and the fact that she's a really kind woman. My all time favourite book however is not by her, it's by an author whose name I can never remember. The book is called Lady of the Hay though. And it's long and bloody.

If I could meet one singer/band member it would be Amy Lee from Evanescence OR it would be Axel Rose from Guns 'N' Roses. I just don't know which.

My favourite type of pie is blueberry... or a SPECIFIC recipe of pumpkin.

~Lithy

*Will continue in next post*

Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:12 am
Di says...

NM,

Thank you for the warm welcome :)

~Lithy

Zehra,

It SOUNDS funnier than it is. Trust me. It felt like part of me died. I really miss that thing, and it pisses me off because if my computer hadn't gotten sat on I would have gotten a lot further with my writing by this point. I'm months behind. It just ruined my whole set of goals for the year and all that.

I'm hoping the guy actually gets somewhere with the publisher this time, and I really do hope that works out in a few months' time. My books are very unique and because of my age as well as various other circumstances I'll probably never land a big publisher, and I probably won't be able to land ANY other publisher until I'm 17-18+. This might happen in a few months.

Thanks for the welcome.

~Lithy

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:58 pm
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hiya!

Well, I was just reading this:

I like to read pretty much all genres except most nonfic and chick lit, I'm extremely picky about my sci fi and my historical fiction but I like most fantasy and horror. I only write dark fantasy and outright horror. Why? Because my mind is too sick and twisted for much of anything else.

And started to laugh, because that's exactly what my best friend said to me. xD

She thinks I have a twisted mind because my all-time idol is Tim Burton, and I love watching his movies.

*grins angellically*

Well, that's about all.

Oh, welcome! :D
xD (Almost forgot that part)

I’ll marry the finest banana in the galaxy for you.
— Tuckster