z

Young Writers Society

Hey Sarah, if you can read this, it's Dante

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:19 pm
drumm3r1 says...

Hello All,

:D I would just like to introduce myself to all of my new friends at the YWS. I look forward to the many good times of writing, and reviewing the works of others. Please take a special interest in my pieces, and I will do my best to return the favour. Thank you for you time.

-drumm3r1

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:40 am
fragile_heart(!) says...

DANTE!
AHHHH!
*flips out of chair*

I knew you'd join!

Anyways, ta da! I'm here as promised to greet you! Here at YWS, we have some rules. I know you won't have a problem with following them.

:arrow: 2:1 Ratio -- this means for every story/poem you post, you must review two other posts.

:arrow: No chat speak or caps. (Just pretend the text at the top isn't in caps :wink:)

:arrow: Rate your posts (G, PG, PG-13, and R) so they can show up on the homepage and keep swearing limited to the Lit. Forums.

The rest can be found here.

Now, onto colors! People with colored names are Mentors. Well, as you can see, my name is turqoise, therefore symboling I am a Greeter. Purples are Instructors, and they like to help you out with writing and give critiques. Reds are Administrators, and they run the site. Greens are Moderators, who keep the forums clean with the help of their handy side kicks the Junior Mods, or light greens. And last but not least, there is orange 'veterans', or people who were top posters and don't post much anymore.

Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but school is starting soon. See you there!

I still can't believe you joined. AH!

- Sarah! :D

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:54 pm
Kaylyn says...

Hello, and welcome to YWS! Its a great website.
So, tell us about yourself. Whats your favorite genre to read and write?
We at YWS, will review your work with special care, in fact, PM me when you get your first work posted and I'll be happy to review it for you. Make sure to read the rules, and you'll be just fine. If you need any help, just let me know! Good luck with your writing. :)

~Kaylyn
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:35 pm
Shauni says...

Hey there Dante! Welcome to YWS!
You and Sarah now each other?! How cool... ;)
I'm sure you will make lots of friends here because we are all very nice ;)

-writing does these things to us...-

Well Sarah basically gave you the must-know rules so, i will give you some advices.

~Be nice to everyone. This way you will make lots of friends and it will be easier for you to get help and support from the general users. ( Because the YWS Staff is always there to help... Specially the greaters... :roll: )

~ Go and check out our groups. I'm sure you will find something that pleasant you. The groups are a bunch of YWS users that discuss about their favourite/s subject/s. Log on and have fun! Find someone with the same interest as you.

~Explore the site and have fun! Don't be afraid of exploring all of it's darker places. Go ahead. You will have a blast and you will learn a lot.

What about you?

Chocoalte or cookies?
Beach or countryside?
Photographing or drawing?

Have a nice day!
Hope to see you around!

Best wishes
Shauni^^

P.S. PM me if you need anything! :P

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:42 pm
Carlito says...

Hey Dante, welcome to YWS! :D

So what kind of drums do you play? I always wished I could play the drums, but I was too impatient to get really good so that didn't last very long :)

Everyone's already covered all of the important stuff.....
So what's your favorite kind of pie? What's your favorite genre to read/write? What kind of music do you listen to? If you could see one band/singer in concert and then meet them afterwords, who would you see? If you were a kind of shoe, what kind of shoe would you be and why?

I hope you have a great time here and if you have any questions or need anything, feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:31 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Aloha Dante!

I love the name Dante. You how sometimes names represent certain types of personalities for us? For example, when I hear the names Anges, Agatha, Molly or Barbara, I think of a plump aged woman, who wears white gloves to church, bright purple lipstick, and bakes cookies for her grandchildren. Yeah, talk about stereotypes. So, Dante, to me, is like a serious, tall, extremely intelligent and scholarly person. Probably influenced by the philosopher, Dante. But, I have no idea if you really are serious and tall, and scholarly, and hopefully intelligent. ;) Heh, I'd like know how close I hit home.

Anywho, my point is that really I like your name. And I suppose the credit goes to your genius parents.

Aside from that, I'd like to welcome you to YWS! So, yeah, welcome aboard. And I'm sure you payed close attention to the rules and tips the members above me mentioned. They are very important. If anything else comes up, feel free to PM me.

So, then Dante, get posting, reviewing and writing!

See you around!

-Zehra
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:37 am
Meep(: says...

Ooer, beaten to the punchline again ._.

Anyhoodledoodle, a very warm welcome to you, drummer/Dante (awesomesauce name, by the way)! :D
Be prepared for the overwhelming number of nutcases in our huge family ;)

Well, I apologise but there's not much for me to go through since everyone else have taken the words out of my mouth.

Feel free to PM me if you've got any questions and such,
I'll see you around then and have a great day! :D
~Meep(:
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

Reviews: 1
Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:47 am
SPEW says...

Personally, whenever I think of Dante, I think of hell. What can I say? Assigned reading can be rather tedious at times. But I am sure that you are much nicer than that Dante, so I am pleased to welcome you to YWS.

As you can probably guess, we have certain rules that must be followed. As you are a drummer, you must realize that after ten o'clock, we do not allow any drumming (though cymbal crashes are all right). If you must practice (and we hope that you will) you can start six o'clock the next day, although, as you are a musician, this will probably be ten o'clock. What can I say? There is a reason why music stores do not open before eleven.

Otherwise, we are glad that you have come here to review and be reviewed. Although I will not personally review any of your stuff, seeing as I do not technically exist, I will bug the people inside of me to review your stuff and most likely you'll be in tears from your first harsh critique very soon. This is good--it is better to get those tears of frustration out while you're young and unpublished so you can improve it somewhat privately rather than to get old and published and then have a critic laud you with very nasty comments that everybody can see. See? It is good. And we are glad to note that you want to do the same to other members. Payback has never been so sweet.

Welcome to YWS. And remember... ten o'clock, silent time, please?
We don't exist.

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:48 pm
fragile_heart(!) says...

Haha!

Shauni: Yes! Dante is one of my bestestis friends at school :)

tnme2: He plays snare in a marching band. I think? xD I don't know; you'll have to check with him when he signs on again.

mizz-iceberg: xDxD Dante is actually really short, but he makes up for it in his awesome scholarly skills 8). So don't worry; you weren't too far off. xD

and lastly SPEW: ...Say what? xD

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:54 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

:O Dante and Sarah now each other! What a small world xD
Welcome to YWS, Dante. I'm Shina, another one of those blue-titled people known as greeters. It is my job and my pleasure to greet the newbs of YWS.

Hehe, you're asking for people to review your work, Dante? Uh-oh! Look out! I think the instructors (purple titled people) just left the bat cave and are swooping down to your profile!

It looks like I'll have the pleasure of explaining the rules to you :P

2:1 ratio. Review two pieces of work before you post any one of your pieces.

No chat speak! Practice good grammar and speaking!

No caps! It's rude and makes people "ill" apparently.

Warnings:

Don't take all reviews to heart. I can guarantee that someone on YWS will shred your work to pieces :( But it's all in the hope that you'll improve along the way :) So take their suggestions and learn from your mistakes!

That's all I've got for now.

Good Luck and Happy Writing ;P

Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

If I had control over the quote generator, I feel like I would put half of YWS in it.
— Kaia