z

Young Writers Society

Hola Chica's and senors! (ps. I'm not Spanish)

Random avatar

Reviews: 13
Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:58 pm
lilfeather2749 says...

Hi!
I'm new here and have nooooo idea what i'm doing (so i'm sorry if I screwed up -_-)
But, well, hi!
I love writing realistic Fiction,so..um. Yeah! :D

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:17 pm
Carlito says...

Hey, lilfeather! Welcome to YWS! :D

This is the best place to come to when you don't know what your doing. The blue people (Greeters) want to help you out and get you going on the right foot :)

So to start things off, some rules. I don't know if you've read the rules or not, but if you haven't I would recommend doing so because they give a lot of good info on the site.
The main things to remember are:
-2:1 ratio --> We like to try to keep a 2:1 ratio on reviews to stories, so for everything you submit in the Literary forums, we ask that you review at least two other things first.
-Chat speak --> We want to keep this site as sophisticated as possible so try to use proper English, like no 'hEy fks! whats ging on??????? ttyl, lly!!!!!!!!!!' :D Try to write in full sentences with proper capitalization and what not. :)
Those are the two main ones I can think of.

But anyway, now that that boring stuff is out of the way...
You mentioned you like realistic fiction, do you write more romance or action or historical, or none of the above? Who's your favorite author? What's your favorite flavor of ice cream? If you could have one superpower, what would you choose and why?

I hope you have a great time here and if you have any questions or need anything, feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:47 pm
crazycarli says...

Hey! I'm new here tooo and trying to meet people so I'm commenting. Surprising, isn't it? Well, I gotta go (dinner with my grandparents :) ) so comment me back. Okay? Okay.

Carli (not the same carly that commented you before)

321 Reviews

Reviews: 321
Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:31 pm
Flower~Child says...

OK, hey I'm not new anymore, but I though I would say hi. Oh and if you are Spanish aren't you really Hispanic?
My reality comes to a close as I once again realize that you don't love me, and even if I love you with my everything you will never care.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:06 pm
Kaylyn says...

Heya there!
Welcome to YWS! No, you haven't screwed up...yet. Mwahhaha *coughs*
Anyways, its great to see that you have joined the family here.
So just some simple little rules and tips:
Don't use chatspeak. You'll be beat upside the head mentally. :)
Rate your works appropriately.
Use good grammar.
Don't lash at your reviews, and post anything you don't want an honest opinion on.
If for some reason you can't get reviews, post a link in the WILL REVIEW FOR FOOD FORUM.
If you have any questions, need any reviews, or just wanna chat, PM me. I'll be happy to help ya out.

~Kaylyn
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

Reviews: 1
Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:02 am
View Likes
SPEW says...

Obviously, you are not Spanish. If you were, you wouldn't put a random apostrophe in "chicas." But I digress. Welcome to YWS. (And yes, I know, that rhymed.) You should be glad that as a newbie, you are allowed to make exactly twenty-four* mistakes without being reprimanded, so don't worry about the initial being new stage. It will pass and soon you'll be welcoming newbies yourself. Yes, the circle of life shall continue on and on!

By realistic fiction, I guessing you don't mean "I write real life stuff." As a non-existent person (and no, I technically don't exist) I can say that there are only so many stories that I can read that have the lines, "And then after I brushed my teeth, I flossed my teeth, making sure to get the itty bitty particles of drying plaque out of my mouth so that my gums wouldn't get infected" before I start to twitch like a cockroach with a seizure. Instead, I am going to guess that you write thrilling stories with real characters who overcome challenges like nobody's business. Personally, I like happy endings so I'm hoping that your stories end on a happy note, but you are the writer after all and I suppose that is your call.

In any case, you'll probably get some very thorough critiques from our users which might possibly make you frustrated because those comments will make you realize how much revision you actually need to do. If that is the case, I want to assure you that payback is the best revenge. Somebody gives you an awesome critique that makes you salivate and wonder if you character who you thought was like this is really like that, then you turn around and give someone else a mind-blowing critique that challenges them to think differently about their story.

Have fun on YWS and remember: there's free cookies at the rules page, so check it out.
We don't exist.

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:28 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Hey there :D! I'm The.Dreamwalker but most people just call me dreamwalker or DW or even TDW but you can call me whatever you like ^_^ and it's a pleasure to meet you.

Somethings you might be curious about are that there are coloured names. There's an easy way of explaining this so I'll go ahead and do so.

Blue: Greeters (like me :D)
Purple: Instructors
Green/Light Green: Moderators and Juniour Mod's.
Red: Administrators
Orange: Distinguished members

Okay so blues, like me, are in charge of making sure new members to the site understand the rules and basically get informed about how the website is run. If you have any questions about the website in itself, we are you people ^_^

The Purp's (or the blues worst enemy ;) Just kidding) are the instructors. They review, review, review, and when you think they couldn't possibly review anymore, they do! They are the go to people when you need help with your stories and they are always willing do give you a good review ^_^

The Green's and Light Green's are our Mod's and Juniour Mod's. They basically make sure the website is running smoothly, the juniour mod's usually assigned to a specific forum. Dont get on their bad sides though :D They have the ability to ban.

Then there's our fearless leaders. The Red's. The admin's basically create this wonderful website we have all come to know and love, creating everything necessary to keep it running. Nate is our YWS god, as some call him, for he was the one who initially created this lovely website we have all come to know and love ^_^

Then there are the Orange's who are usually retired mod's who arent on the website as much as they were before. Even still, they have some rights that normals dont have, and will give you an awesome review if you ask :D. They are usually the YWS veterans and there review counts and post counts tend to be huge ^_^

So that's basically it!

If you have any questions, need a friend, or even just want a review, feel free to PM me and I'll be there in a jiffy!

From Dreams to Reality
~The.Dreamwalker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:02 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

Hey lil feather ^^ Welcome to YWS! I'm another one of those blue-titled people known as greeters! It is my job and my pleasure to greet the newbies of YWS.

I'll try to make this as quick, easy, and painless as possible:

No chatspeak! That means now "u r cool" or "sup dawg" or any of that. Lol and brb are allowed. We like speaking with proper words for the sake of literary excellence.

No caps! Which means anything like "HEY EVERYONE!" It makes them extremely il =_= And it makes them think you're yelling :( Not good.

2:1 ratio. Before you post anything, review 2 pieces of work to keep the flow going. People will be much happier to review your work if you do so :D

Just have fun and jump in! Don't be afraid of the random chimps here and there or the people who'll review your work and tear it apart. It's all in the hope that you'll imrrove.

Good luck and have fun^^
Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

I would like to be the air that inhabits you for a moment only. I would like to be that unnoticed and that necessary.
— Margaret Atwood