z

Young Writers Society

Hello! =)

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:22 pm
Kate says...

Hello everyone! I'm new here and i just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kate and I'm 14 years old, Writing is my favorite thing to do i love it! I think that's about it :) I really hope I make friends here, this Forum seems so friendly :D

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:56 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Hey Kate! This site really is freindly. I'm sure you'll have a second home here in no time. (: Oh and by the way - :birthday:

Now, first things first. We have a few rules here on YWS. They're only to make this site enjoyable for everyone. Don't let them scare you off. (:

1. We have a 2:1 ratio. This means two reveiws for every one post you make. That way everyone gets at least one review for their work (:

2. CAREFUL WITH CAPS. Most people don't like it when you use all caps. It's kind of distracting.

3. pls, no chat tlk. We're all writers here. lol and brb are okay occasionally, but try not to over do it.

I'm sure others will go over the ones I've missed. Hope to see you out and posting soon. Also, tell us more about yourself. What do you like to do (besides writing)? What kind of music do you listen to? Do you play any sports? What genre do you like to write in?

~Nicole
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:05 pm
peanutgallery007 says...

Heya! I'm April. :) . Yesh, writing is the BEST! :D

okay, first here are the ground rules;

:arrow: 2:1 ratio. for every entry/ piece of writing you submit, you need to do two reviews on other pieces! Just to make sure everyone gets reviewed. ;)

:arrow: rate your works! (G, PG, PG-13, R). Just so people know what they're getting into. Also, if you rate, then your piece shows up on the front page! :D

:arrow: no chatspeak or excessive cussing. We have to be controlled, and since we are writers we have to write accordingly so.

So! I was wondering;

Are you more of a poet or a story writer? Which do you like to read more?
What genre [of poetry or stories] do you enjoy reading the most?
Have you submitted a piece already [to YWS]?
Are you published or currently working on getting published? Do you want to be?
Have you ever had any experience with photography?

:D

~April
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:28 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hi Kate and welcome to the wonderful world of YWS! I'm Selene by the way *shakes hand* it is a pleasure to meet you. :D

Yes, I must say that this forum is definitely friendly, if not a bit overly-very-close-to-totally-scaring-you friendly. Anyways, we Greeters try our best to welcome the new-comers ^_^ and, of course, we love our job.

Oh and Happy B-day to you!

:elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

:birthday: :birthday:

:smt113 :smt113 :smt113
So here at YWS we have some awesome groups you can join. When joining groups you can meet new people, explore your interests, and most importantly, have fun! There are many groups to join and you can choose which to join based off of your personal partiality. If you want to visit the YWS group section, click the big 'Group' button at the top of the page.

If you have any questions, would like a review, or simply want to chat, feel free to PM me anytime.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:08 am
niteowl says...

Hi Kate! The other greeters covered the basics, but I'll just add that if you're still confused about anything, just check out the Help and Support section in the top right corner.

So now for the fun part...HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt007 :smt004 :smt026 :smt024 :smt016 :smt021 :smt020 :smt027 :smt031 :smt041 :smt059 :smt068 :smt072 :smt064 :smt077 :smt114 :smt084 :smt109 :smt101 :smt083 :smt116 :smt115 :pirate1: :ftw: :smt035
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:25 am
rae222 says...

Hello! This is my first time on this site too. I just posted my first piece! It's really exciting. I hope you check it out and I'll be sure to check out what you have too! :D

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:20 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

Hi Kate ^^ Welcome to YWS!!! Perfect for a writer like yourself ;P

I'm Shina, another one of those blue-titled people known as greeters.

Since all the technical rules have been listed for you, I'll teach you the ropes.

1. Don't take all reviews to heart here. Critics just want you to improve and when you post you give them permission to give you an honest opinion. You can trust the members here, but remember to only change your work if you think it'll benefit you.

2. Join a group! This is a great way to get in on the latest buzz and jump in to conversation. Groups provide a way for you to meet members who have similar interests like yourself.

3. When someone signs your guestbook, sign theirs back. It's only proper.

If you'd like to know anything else, I'd be happy to help! If I'm not online, check who is and pm them or something xD

Good luck!
Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:49 am
Kate says...

Awwh thank you all for greeting me in such a nice way =) I'm currently writing a book, i'll post it when i'm done.

Answer to Whitetigger93:

Thank you for such a nice greeting! :D Besides writing i love to design things like making graphics and photography. I also love to swim. I sometimes like to listen to Rap music but other times i just like listining to calm and soft music. I'm not really a sport person but i love playing baseball. I like writing Horror/Drama and Comedy books.

Answer to peanutgallery007:

Thank you for the rules :) I'm actually more of a story writer, and i enjoy reading stories but i also love reading poetry too. I mostly like reading horror and comedy books. Nope i didn't submit any story yet but i'm working on it. And not yet, but i would love that! I love photography, it's one of my favorite thing to do!

This board is really friendly! :D I'm already having fun! :)

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:00 pm
Carlito says...

Hey Kate, welcome to YWS! :D

So you may have noticed that some people's names are in different colors, this is because they have a specific job here at YWS.

Black --> These are all of the regular users on the site.

Light Blue --> These are Greeters. Our job is to greet new members and make you feel welcome.

Purple --> These are Instructors. Their job is help improve people's writing. They go above and beyond with reviewing and helping people improve.

Light Green --> These are Junior Moderators. They are like moderators but are only in control of a board or two. They're kind of like Moderators in training.

Green --> These are the Moderators. They help the site run smoothly and keep everything nice and orderly.

Red --> These are the Administrators. There are only three: Nate, Mesh, and Firestarter, and they oversee everything on YWS.

Orange --> These are Distinguished Members. You become a distinguished member if at one point you contributed a lot to YWS, maybe you were a Mod or something, but now you don't have time to fulfill those duties. Nate make you distinguished to recognize that you made a great contribution to the site.

So anyway...
What's your favorite kind of ice cream? If you could be any kind of shoe what kind of shoe would you be and why? If you could see any band/singer in concert and then meet them, who would you choose?

I hope you have a great time here and if you have any questions or need anything, feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

Percy fell face-first into his pizza.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena