z

Young Writers Society

hey

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:07 pm
Whyte-Boi says...

hey everyone im Peter

umm about me, well: im from Australia, i have been writing small stories for a while. never liked any of them (im my toughest critic), anyway yer i stopped writing for a while but im now getting back into it

wud love to be a part of this community and what not

so yer looking forward to reading some of your works

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:17 pm
Carlito says...

Hey Peter, welcome to YWS! :D

Just some general things to remember/keep in mind.
1) Read the Rules if you haven't already. Yeah it's kind of long and boring but they give a lot of good info on the site.
2) Remember the 2:1 ratio. This means that for everything you submit for a review, we ask that you review at least two other things first.
3) Try not to do chat speak. It gets a little taking used to especially if you normally write this way, but remember to try to capitalize proper things and spell out words completely :)

Other than that...
That's cool that you're from Australia. :) I think that's the third most popular country represented on this site, but that might be wrong. Anyway, I think you fit in just fine here and come to find that everyone is really nice and helpful, so don't feel shy about posting your work :)
What's your favorite genre to read/write? What kind of music do you listen to? What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? If you could have any superpower, what would you choose and why?

If you have any questions or need anything, feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:54 pm
Shauni says...

Hi there white! Welcome to the YWS !
Pleasure to meet you, I'm Shauni.

O.O I loove Australia! I'm just dying to go there..! It must be so incredible! You're soo lucky....

Our community can be really addicting sometimes. It's always good to have a new one joining the party! :P ( Yes, this can be a big hell of a party sometimes...)
There is always something for each member, so don't be afraid and explore it to its maximum.

As tnme 22 explain, we have some basics andhere are the complete rules of the YWS. Read them, if you have time.
Explore as well, the bogs and groups. They are a great way of meeting people and trading experiences. I'm sure you will find a group that you like.

Some tips that you may like to know:

~When you log on to the Community forums, in the end of the page are some interesting informations such as the number of users and the number of published articles. The users with birthday today are also there.

~If you click on My YWS button in the scroll banner you will find a bunch of actions that you can take. If someone makes a post on your guestbook, answer on theirs.

~Keep the swearing on the literatury forum.

~We have a chat. Go there and start catting but beware, you have to keep the same basics YWS rules there as well.

Ahh... I could be babbling here all day but I will stop.

Ice-cream or pudding?
Cookies or cake?
Photography or drawing?

Hope to see you around! PM me if you need anything!

Best wishes
Shauni^^

(What a crappy post... :?)

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:57 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Shauni. Pudding, seriously? So you.

Anyway, Whyte! <--- that's hard to say put sounds nice :D Do you mind if I just call you Peter? I'm Kat, nice to meet you. I'm glad tnm has already given you the basics, because your post was really hard for me to read! We're all writers (or at least aspirante wirters) so we'd appreciate proper grammar. I'm sure you prefer it too.

Awww, why'd you top writing? sometimes, I feel like I must take a break (praticulary because I write in note books and eventually my fingers start to hurt --'). Did something happen (you don't need to answer if you don't want too ;) )?

Australia! Nice. *imagines naivly Whyte with kangorus* Cool :P

I'm also looking forward to read some of your posts! ;) Which genres do you prefer writing? And reading or reviewing?

Have you checked the site around? Be sure to explore, because we have many cool things! You can be around easilly from the Navigator banner (the big buttons at the top of the page). Also, if you have, you may have noticed that some users have their names colored. Like mine and the above posters.
Here, on YWS, some users have tasks/jobs. That's why the names are colored.

~ Blue
Greeters! the name pretty much says it all, but still. We greet the newbies (as yourself) and make them feel welcomed and happy :D

~ Purple
They are Instructors. They give the most helpful and detailed reviews, and will answer your questions (as everyone else, if you ask for help ;) )

~ Light Green/ Dark Green
Junior Moderators and Moderators (Mods), respectively. The Junior Mods control a single forum, while the normal Mod controls all of them. They can put pieces that are misplaced in other forums, and they make sure the rules are followed.

~ Red
They are our Administrators! They make sure the sight runs smoothly.

~ Orange
They are our Distinguished members. They are basically retired Mods and Adms. They still have some authority here, though.

That's our rainbow!
Now, tell us more about yourself!
Hide and seek or rock, paper and scissors?
Pen or pencil?
Sea or lake?
Country or city?

Questions? Anything else? Feel free to Pm me :wink:
Have a nice day!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

“A good book isn't written, it's rewritten.”
— Phyllis A. Whitney, Guide to Fiction Writing