z

Young Writers Society

Hola Chicas and Chicos!

Reviews: 1
Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:29 am
Sweet Pea says...

Hey, I'm Sweet Pea, but you can call me Pea or Alanna:] I love to write (there was really no need to say that, but, whatever) and i also love.....

1. Being silly!

2. Hanging out with friends!

3. Songwriting and singing!

4. Playing soccer and volleyball!

5. Acting!

Yaaaay.

Anyhooo, I also love friends and having fun and being creative, so if you have these same qualities, you're cool in my books.

Yep, so.... Fun, fun.

Until next time...

X and O,

Pea
**Alanna**

Awww, shucks. =]

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:02 am
XYZinnia says...

Hello! I’m Y! :D

Welcome to YWS! To start off, I’m going to give you the rules!

1. There is a 2:1 ratio here. So for every work you post, you should critic two other pieces. Then everyone’s work gets reviewed.
2. Rate you works. You can rate it G, PG, PG-13, or R. You really need to rate things with profound language or adult situations. That way no one sees something they’d rather not.
3. No chat speak
4. No CAPS.

Ok, that’s done. Yay! You made a list. Let’s see…

1. Being silly is fun! ^_^ How often are you silly? What do you like to do?
2. Friends are awesome! Do you have a lot off good friends, or a few close friends? Or both? What do you like to do with your friends?
3. Yay! I love singing! :D What do you like to sing? Opera? Broadway?:smt054 Oh, I’ve tried writing songs, but I’m not very good. :? How many songs have you written? What are they about? Do you perform them?
4. I used to play Soccer when I was really little, but then I got hit in the head by the ball and developed a fear for it. I’ve always wanted to play Volleyball. It’s cool.
5. Whhhaaaa! I love acting! :D How many plays have you been in? Which ones? What was your part?

It’s so fun when you meet someone with your same interests! If you have any questions, just ask!

See ya around! :D
-Y

(P.S. I love your avatar. :) Go punctuation!)

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:31 am
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Hola, Alanna! So, since XYZinnia already gave the main rules, I'll give you the colors. Some members have colored user names, here's a little guide:

Light Blue: Greeters, they welcome the new members and answer any of their questions.

Purple: Instructors, they give the most in-depth reviews, feel free to ask them for one.:)

Light Green: Junior Moderators, they can moderate some forums.

Green: Moderators, they can moderate all forums.

Red: Site Administrators, they make sure the site is running smoothly.

Orange: Distinguished members, retired moderators.

Well, being silly is, like, the most fun, amazing thing to do! It's how I spend a lot of my free time. That's really cool the you write songs, I always wished I could but I gave up because I honestly can't. You should post some of your lyrics! :)

Well, have fun on YWS!
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:38 am
View Likes
Meep(: says...

Hey Sweet Pea!
Welcome to the YWS family of sillyness! :D
We are going to get along just fine ;)

Well, I've come too late and the basics have been explained to you... oh well.
However, do take note of our 3 admins, should you ever need to prod them for something: Nate [He created YWS], Meshugenah and Firestarter.

I love soccer and acting and being creative O:
Hi-five!
You don't support any english football club, do you by any chance? ;)

Anyhoodledoodle, drop me a PM whenever you feel like it :D
Have a fantastical day!
~Meep(:

P.S: Your avatar = Epic XD
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

Reviews: 1
Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:00 pm
View Likes
Sweet Pea says...

Hey! Thanks guys!

I must now respond to Y's questions.

1. I am always silly. And I do, you know, the normal silly things:)

2. I have so many really great friends + one best friend who knows everything about me. I love to go to the movies with friends + chill with them and such.

3. I sing a bunch of everything a little Broadway, some pop, classic rock... I like to shake it up. Get a little pizazz.

4. I love soccer + volleyball! You should so try 'em.

5. I've been in a few plays. I was Mary Poppins in Mary Poppins, an ugly stepsister in Cinderella, Merriweather in Sleeping Beauty--I was Aurora's understudy but my attempts to ail her all failed:)--and I also played Julia in Merchant of Venice, I believe... oh and I was the Wicked Witch of the West in the Wizard of Oz @ my church.

Mhmmcolleen! I cannot wait to post my lyrics! I was browsing around the forums when I stumbled upon the song lyrics part! Can't wait!

Meep:) I actually lean more toward France's soccer teams:) I love the French.

Thanks for the warm welcome, dudes!

Love always,

Pea:)
**Alanna**

Awww, shucks. =]

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:32 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to YWS.

If you ever need anything, feel free to pm me.

Hope you enjoy it here.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:03 am
Carlito says...

Hey Sweet Pea, welcome to YWS! :D

I see you like songwriting. If you're up to a little bit of a challenge, you should check out my Song Lyrics Contest. (Community board, Contests, A Song Lyric Contest) ((I say challenge because the deadline is so close. :))) The deadline to enter is this Friday, (12th), but if you're interested and can't make the deadline for whatever reason, I'd be happy to extend it. :) (Just PM me or say on the contest thread if your interested.)

So my other fellow Greeters have already covered all of the important stuff...

What's your favorite kind of ice cream? If you could see any singer or band in concert and then go backstage to meet them, who would you see? If you could have any superpower, what superpower would you choose and why?

I hope you have a great time here and if you have any questions or need anything, feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:47 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hey Pea (heehee teehee)! I'm Vivacious, but you can call be Vivz, Vivi, Viva or any other variation. Or you can call me Chloe, my real name. :D

So, since tnme22 said, the other greeters have covered most things.

1. God, I'm so silly that people wonder if I'm normal.

2. Me too! Yay for friends!

3. I like songwriting, but sadly I cannot sing.

4. Lucky you can play those sports, whenever I play I ruin the game for all my teammates. The only sports I'm good at are tennis, swimming, jump rope and hula hooping. Ya...

5. I love acting too! I've been in several plays, and a couple of skits. Yay acting!

Do you speak Spanish? I do, but my grammar...ehhh...
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:49 am
Wiggy says...

Dude. Your avvie rocks. 8)

Just had to say that. :) Well, welcome welcome welcome! I like you already--you like being silly? That's utterly fabulous! What is life without crazy grins and random animal noises and burping contests? Srsly now...:) I'm pretty sure everything on your list we have in common, too. I have to admit, I suck at soccer, but I love to play it! And I've only played volleyball for fun, but it's still awesome! One of my favorite feelings in the world is the just-right wet sand squishing in between my toes during a sand volleyball game right after it rains. Ever done that before?

Do you, by chance, like any other sports? I L-O-V-E to dance, and I adore softball, too. Basically anything that keeps me active! I'd love to learn Latin dancing this year...*turns on Shakira*

Classic rock!!! Saweet! Do you like Journey (ifyoudoyouarethecoolestpersonEVEREVER)? Def Leppard? Bon Jovi? Queen? I heard Rock of Ages today...totally had it blasting. :)

See ya around!

Wigs ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

I have lived through much, and now I think I have found what is needed for happiness. A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good... then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor - such is my idea of happiness.
— Leo Tolstoy