z

Young Writers Society

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:40 pm
liadonwriter92 says...

Hi all, my name is Carl, and I enjoy writing. I'm 16 (going to be 17 this July) and I live in the small town in Vermont. I am currently working on two different stories. One is about a young monk whose world is changed upside down when he realizes that his order is more of an assassin guild(I got this idea from combining Oblivion and Assassin's Creed) and the other one is about a WWII veteran who tells his story to his girlfriend, because she knows that talking about it is one of the only ways to help him. I can't wait to share them and I can't wait to read your stories. Thank-you for the help and advice in advance.

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:04 am
Dreamwalker says...

Hey there Carl :D. I'm The.Dreamwalker but most people just call me dreamwalker or TDW or just DW but I prefer dreamwalker the best XD. You can call me whatever you want though!

Here's a few rules you might find useful.

There is a 2:1 ratio on YWS which basically means two reviews per story submission. This way it keeps the YWS 'economy' running. Basically try to get in two reviews before you post an story.

Next, no chat-speak. Dis has g2be teh worst way to rite. It's basically very hard to understand so try and keep proper grammar. Sometimes saying lol though is fine and we do use smileys :D.

Also, please, please, please, no caps. Use exclamation points or italics but not full caps. YWSer's get pretty annoyed with such things but if you do, dont worry yourself. We all make mistakes ^_^.

So, why dont you tell us a little something about yourself? Get yourself introduced and all. How about your favourite movie? Book genre? Band/genre of music?

If you need anything, want a friend, or want a review, feel free to PM me and I'll be there in a jiffy :D.

From Dreams to Reality
~The.Dreamwalker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:21 am
nixonblitzen says...

Hello, Carl! I'm Rachel. Welcome to YWS.

You are sixteen, going on seventeen, innocent as a rose... Do you like The Sound of Music? I don't understand people who say they've never seen it. It seems as though everyone should have as a qualification for being alive.

Your stories sound interesting! Is the WWII veteran German or American or what? Which battles was he in? I learned about WWII in my Military History class this year. It was really interesting but we had to speed through it because the year was ending.

Good luck to you and see you around!

-Rachel
"He found his voice tended either to disappear or to come out too loud." -William Golding

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:49 am
deleted_5 says...

Hi Carl, and welcome to YWS!!! I'm Lucy Pennykettle, but you can call me Lucy, Luce, Bridge, Briggs, or Bridget.

So, you've probably seen people on here with colourful names, like me. They stand for the YWS staff members.

Orange: These guys are the distinguished members.

Red: These fellas are the admin. They run the website and keep it in good condition.

Green: Mods. They make sure people are in ship shape and help the admin with things.

Light Green: They are the JR mods. They also help keep the site good and watch people.

Purple: They are the instructors. They do the mega looooonng reviews and give the best reviews. IF you want a really really really good review, talk to them.

And last but certainly not least, Blue: We are the Greeters. We help you new guys get around the site and show you the ropes. We bombard the newbies with loads of info.

So yeah, those are the colours. Now you'll be able to tell them apart. If you forget them, they are at the bottom of the Writing forum page, and on the bottom of the Community Forum Page.

So, if you have any questions or just want to chat, feel free to send me a PM (private message). I would be glad to help.
I hate television. I hate it as much as I hate peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. I also hate being on television, I hate it as much as people hate chocolate. But they always want chocolate.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:05 am
doodle:] says...

Heya Carl! I'm Becca!

There's a few ways to make some friends! First is by groups. At the top of the page click on 'groups' and then find a group you like and join!

Second is by the chat on the home page!

So, tell us a little bit more about yourself!

Do you like cats or dogs?
Cake or cupcakes?
Snow or rain?

Becca

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:42 am
Snoink says...

Oooh! Fun stories. I see you're a gamer. ;) I'm not.. but yeah. Isn't oblivion the one with the cake? *flails* And I think Assassin's Creed is the one with the awesome storyline...

I'll shut up now. xD

For the WW2 vet, how old is he? Is this set right after WW2? :) It sounds interesting, in any case. I suppose this means you're a bit of a history buff, no?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:17 pm
Hannah says...

Hey, Carl! ^_^ Welcome to YWS. I'm Hannah! ^_^

I have to say that the two ideas you've shared sound super mature and I'm impressed. There are just some topics, maybe some careers that bring with them a certain sense of gravity before any writing has even been done. I must admit I shy away from things like that and have only dabbled in writing about what I know -- lame teenagerness. A bit of adult-ness, but whatevs. Teehee~~

Purple: They are the instructors. They do the mega looooonng reviews and give the best reviews. IF you want a really really really good review, talk to them.

Anyways, THIS is true! This means I am going to be sitting here, waiting for you to post pieces of your work on the website and then for you to private message me the link and let me know that you're ready for a critique~!

I've heard it said that a good length for posting a piece is like two word-processing pages, because we don't really like dealing with super long pieces all at one go. You can break a longer piece up into parts by posting the first part under a certain title, then later posting the next part. As long as it has the same title {maybe by the first you should put '1', then by the second '2', just to distinguish}, it will show up at the top of the page of your work and show readers 'related works' which will include the next part and make it super easy to navigate! Just a little tip! =D

Be sure to just post a work or two at a time, though. Let those works accumulate some reviews and criticism, then move on to the next part. -thumbs up-

PM me if you have questions or if you want that review we were talking about. ;D

-Hannah-
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

Half the work that is done in this world is to make things appear what they are not.
— Elias Root Beadle