z

Young Writers Society

Hi, I'm Ellie

Reviews: 3
Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:58 pm
DrPepperSkaterPunk says...

Hello my name is Ellie and I'm new. I'm working on an epic, high adventure 18th century pirate romance novel with my BFF Brenda. I also am working on a few short stories. I love to write - I think I knew It's what I've wanted to do since I was like 3 or 4. I'm looking forward to having a fun time on this website :)

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:50 pm
Hannah says...

Hello my name is Ellie and I'm new. I'm working on an epic, high adventure 18th century pirate romance novel with my BFF Brenda. I also am working on a few short stories. I love to write - I think I knew It's what I've wanted to do since I was like 3 or 4. I'm looking forward to having a fun time on this website Smile

Hey, Ellie! :D Welcome to YWS~ I'm Hannah!

Well, let me lay down a few rules for you, right away. These were in the site rules, if you read them, but I'll just make sure you remember! : D

1. No chatspeak. I don't think you'll have a problem with that, and some abbreviations are acceptable, especially MC, POV, or writerly abbreviations like that. ^_^

2. Keep in mind the 2:1 review:post ratio. You must review two works by other members before posting any of your own, so we keep the suggestions and critiques going around. ^_^

Also, I would like to point out the lavender color of my username. This means that I'm an Instructor, which means I'm designated to help review works more indepth than a regular member might AND that I'm here to help you improve your writing! So, Ellie, whenever you post any of your work, be sure to drop me a PM and I'll be right over to share my comments.

Speaking of your work, what kind of short stories do you write? Are they all romance? Fantasy? Adventure? Have you ever tried other things like poetry or scripts?

Also, what is your favorite book? What kind of writing inspires you? Tell us a bit more about yourself! =D

Be sure to PM me if you have questions, okay? <3

-Hannah-
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:01 pm

Hannah wrote:
Hello my name is Ellie and I'm new. I'm working on an epic, high adventure 18th century pirate romance novel with my BFF Brenda. I also am working on a few short stories. I love to write - I think I knew It's what I've wanted to do since I was like 3 or 4. I'm looking forward to having a fun time on this website Smile

Hey, Ellie! :D Welcome to YWS~ I'm Hannah!

Well, let me lay down a few rules for you, right away. These were in the site rules, if you read them, but I'll just make sure you remember! : D

1. No chatspeak. I don't think you'll have a problem with that, and some abbreviations are acceptable, especially MC, POV, or writerly abbreviations like that. ^_^

2. Keep in mind the 2:1 review:post ratio. You must review two works by other members before posting any of your own, so we keep the suggestions and critiques going around. ^_^

Also, I would like to point out the lavender color of my username. This means that I'm an Instructor, which means I'm designated to help review works more indepth than a regular member might AND that I'm here to help you improve your writing! So, Ellie, whenever you post any of your work, be sure to drop me a PM and I'll be right over to share my comments.

Speaking of your work, what kind of short stories do you write? Are they all romance? Fantasy? Adventure? Have you ever tried other things like poetry or scripts?

Also, what is your favorite book? What kind of writing inspires you? Tell us a bit more about yourself! =D

Be sure to PM me if you have questions, okay? <3

-Hannah-

Well, The Short Stories I write are all kinds. The 2 I'm working on right now
1) A Vampire Story [ An Original Characters Dracula With a Modern Setting :)]
2) A Story about a Haunted Amusment Park, sort of like pleasure Island in pinochio (:

Yes I have written scripts before, when I was like...8? (: I did write a few. I might get back into it. I don't really like poetry.

Thanks for your help Hannah :D

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:30 pm
Anshita says...

hey..

You will have loads of fun here..

It is one of the best websites on the internet..

~ Anshita
If love is rude to you, be rude to love.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:31 am
Snoink says...

Hahaha, your story sounds epic. It must be really fun to write. ^_^ Is your friend on YWS? You should totally drag her on, if not.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:39 am
Rosendorn says...

Dragging on friends can be a challenge, Snoink. It has taken me two months of talking to my friend and she still hasn't joined. (She should, though. Soon.)

Vampires aren't really my thing, but I do love fantasy. Is that your preferred choice or do you just like using some fantasy creatures (prime example: vampires) in your fiction?

Your second story sounds really cool though. Haunted amusement parks are not something I see often. Maybe post it some time? (After you have done the 2 reviews needed, of course)

Just a quick clear-up. A "review" has to be at least three lines long to count. These three lines can be a list of reasons why you liked the story, why you didn't like it, or whatever. Authors are usually happy to get reviews on their work. If you want to see the completely epic reviews, check out the Instructors. (Purple names) They do some totally awesome ones. (I'm an Instructor as well as Greeter [greeters welcome new members to the site. ^_^])

What are some of your favourite books? Do you have any solo projects on the go?

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:05 pm

Rosey Unicorn wrote:Dragging on friends can be a challenge, Snoink. It has taken me two months of talking to my friend and she still hasn't joined. (She should, though. Soon.)

Vampires aren't really my thing, but I do love fantasy. Is that your preferred choice or do you just like using some fantasy creatures (prime example: vampires) in your fiction?

Your second story sounds really cool though. Haunted amusement parks are not something I see often. Maybe post it some time? (After you have done the 2 reviews needed, of course)

Just a quick clear-up. A "review" has to be at least three lines long to count. These three lines can be a list of reasons why you liked the story, why you didn't like it, or whatever. Authors are usually happy to get reviews on their work. If you want to see the completely epic reviews, check out the Instructors. (Purple names) They do some totally awesome ones. (I'm an Instructor as well as Greeter [greeters welcome new members to the site. ^_^])

What are some of your favourite books? Do you have any solo projects on the go?

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey

I like stuff like Uglies, Dracula, Harry Potter, Wicked, Bone Comic Book Saga, Series of Unfortunate Events. :)
Yea, the solo projects are the two short stories im working on. Yea, idk if i can drag my friend on, because latley shes been to "busy" to even call me... =(

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:35 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Dragging on friends can be a challenge, Snoink. It has taken me two months of talking to my friend and she still hasn't joined. (She should, though. Soon.)

I dragged my best friend to here, two months after talking to her she finally join. She's now addicted. She should thank me! :D

Back to the point! Welcome to YWS, Ellie! We have met, in the Chat. So now you do know I'm a Greeter :D *Ellies makes a weird face* A Greeter? Yup, dear, I'm a Greeter. Now you wonder what that could be! Except that the name says it all.
Here on YWS, we have a rainbow of users. Some users, have their names colored because they have some kind of jobs. Supposedly fun ones!
Here's our rainbow:

~Blue
Greeters! We greet the newbies (as yourself). We explain the rules, and offer our help to find their way around the site. So, if you need me, I'm here!

~Purple
They are Instructors, as Hannah, above. They give the most helpful and detailed reviews, and will answer your questions (as everyone else, if you ask for help ;) )

~ Light Green/ Dark Green
Junior Moderators and Moderators (Mods; as Snoink), respectively. The Junior Mods control a single forum, while the normal Mod controls all of them. They can put pieces that are misplaced in other forums, and they make sure the rules are followed.

~Red
They are our Administrators! They make sure the sight runs smoothly.

And finally, orange!
They are our Distinguished members. They are basically retired Mods and Adms. They still have some authority here, though.

So, tell us more about yourself!
Are you a rocker or a poper? <---- I'm not sure that word exists
Strawberries or chocolate?
Green or blue?
White or black?

And I coudl go on and on on wuestions, but let's forget that ;)

Questions? Feel free to PM me about anything :D
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

If you want something badly, you just gotta believe it's gonna work out.
— Andy, Parks & Rec