z

Young Writers Society

I've Nothing Witty To Say

Reviews: 4
Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:01 pm
PhantomInvader says...

I so wish I had a drum roll or something. A fanfare. Confetti. Pffft.

Anyway, I'm PhantomInvader, though if it's too tedious to type that out (it is for me, and it's my name, even) I have a few nicknames. Phanny and PI are the most popular. No matter what you call me, however, I will continue to refer to myself as Phanny when I'm talking in the third person. Yeah, I know.

I've been writing for awhile now, and I'm happy to say I've gotten better than I was when I was thirteen. I like fantasy stories, but I write mostly teen/psychological stuff. Teenage characters going through bouts with...um--dunno how to phrase it--psychological issues? I'm not sure how to explain it without posting all of my stories right here so I'm gonna go ahead and move on.

I'm fifteen, I live in the desert, it is very hot, I hate the dentist, I have a cat, and I think my neighbor's dog is some sort of mutant wolf...it's as big as a cow.

I'm sort of happy/unhappy to say that I don't need a boost in confidence. My ego is huge, though, and I'll admit it.
I'll keep my narcissistic thoughts to myself, though. No worries. Hakuna Matata.

Uhm. I think that's it? That's all I have now, anyway. I wanna say "bye", but I'm not really leaving, so I'm going to trail off with some casual ellipses...

--Phanny

Edit: Why did I rate this? XP

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:49 pm
deleted_5 says...

Drrrrrrruuuuuuummmmmrrrooooolllll!! *Shoots confetti into the air.* *Trumpets blare a fanfare. Do do dodo da de da dum!!!!* patapatapatapatapatapatapata

That good enough for you? :D Welcome welcome welcome to the crazy site of YWS! We have a couple of rules that need to be followed.

1)No chat speak or CAPS. IT"S REALLY ANNOYING!!! And ppl hve a hrd tme rdng it and hate rdng it. You can use small words like BRB or LOL.

2)Keep a 2:1 ratio in the Writing forums. So for every story you post, make sure you have 2 reviews done. That way everyone gets a review, and it's a great way to make new friends.

3)Please rate your work. If your writing pieces have sexual, graphic, gory, or serious swearing in it, please rate it R.

So yeah, those are our rules. Obey them and have a great time.
PM me if you have any questions or if you just want to chat!

Lucy
I hate television. I hate it as much as I hate peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. I also hate being on television, I hate it as much as people hate chocolate. But they always want chocolate.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:28 am
PhantomInvader says...

Lucy Pennykettle wrote:Drrrrrrruuuuuuummmmmrrrooooolllll!! *Shoots confetti into the air.* *Trumpets blare a fanfare. Do do dodo da de da dum!!!!* patapatapatapatapatapatapata

That good enough for you? :D

That was fantastic. :D

Those are good rules. Chatspeak makes me ill anyways.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:57 pm
XYZinnia says...

PhantomInvader wrote:Chatspeak makes me ill anyways.

I like you already.

So….

Welcome to YWS! It’s awesome here! So, I see Lucy told you the rules, (and gave you a grand entrance,) so I will tell you about the colors.

See how Lucy’s name is blue? That’s because she’s a greeter. Greeters greet newbies, much like yourself. Other colors are:

Purple: Instructors. They review you work top make it even better!
Dark Green: Moderators. They keep an eye on YWS and help people out.
Light Green: Junior Moderators. They take care of certain forums.
Red: Admins, They keep YWS up and running. They fix problems.
Orange: Distinguished members. They are people who have retired their Moderator title.

So, that’s it.

“Psychological stuff”? Sounds interesting. So you hate the dentist. Do you hate going there, or do you hate the person who is the dentist? If it’s the latter, I feel your pain. I had a dentist that scraped my sisters’ teeth so hard, she bled.

You live in the desert? Dear. I hate the heat. I get too much of it down here. Do you get lizards in your garage? What’s the name of your cat? I wish I had a wolf-cow.

Anyway, if you have any questions, just ask!

Oh, and I like that “casual ellipses” thing…

-Y

Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:37 pm
PhantomInvader says...

I like you already.

8D likewise.

“Psychological stuff”? Sounds interesting. So you hate the dentist. Do you hate going there, or do you hate the person who is the dentist? If it’s the latter, I feel your pain. I had a dentist that scraped my sisters’ teeth so hard, she bled.

Both. I hate Novocaine, because the numbness is irritating, and my dentist is a huge...yeah.

You live in the desert? Dear. I hate the heat. I get too much of it down here.

Ugh. Sometimes it's nice, sometimes it's not. I feel bad for some of the out-of-towners, though.

Vacationer: I think I'll go for a walk.

Me: ...are you crazy?

Do you get lizards in your garage?

Haven't seen to many, though I assume my cat takes care of them.

What’s the name of your cat?

Tiger

I wish I had a wolf-cow.

Yeah. It's a sweet dog, but it'd scare the living daylights out of you if you didn't know that. XD
More wolf than cow, really--I have yet to hear it "moo".

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:28 pm
Mars says...

Well. We've already exchanged critiques (thank you, by the way!) but I felt I should get in on this:

:elephant: :smt096

And anyway, it's not a party without the elephant and spinning...devil...thing. WTFBBQ. Some of these smileys are ridiculous.

SO. Welcome! I am, right now, obssesed with thinking of nicknames for people, and you have so many possibilities! Phannypack! Private Eye! NV (Inv-Invy-Envy-NV)! ...etc, etc. Yeah, I'll keep working on that.

Desert AHHHH. I live in the land of wind and rain. I freak out when the temperature is more than seventy degrees F. Oh and a warning about wolf-cows, they may seem friendly, but they're not. Trust me. I know.

I'm going to stop before this post gets any weirder? Welcome again. :P

xxx
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

You are going to love some of your characters because they are you, or some facet of you, and you are going to hate some characters for the same reason.
— Anne Lamott