z

Young Writers Society

hej hej

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sat May 30, 2009 11:27 am
Fortuna says...

Hello everybody! My name is Fortuna and I'm currently working on a children's book and quite a few longer novel pieces. I love reading and critiquing as much as I love to write, so I'm very excited about the 2:1 policy here. I hope I'm able to fit in here, and I hope that I'll learn a great deal from you other writers :D

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat May 30, 2009 11:49 am
Demeter says...

Fortuna! Välkommen!

Even though your country says you're not from Sweden, I don't believe you. :P And guess what? I'm from Finland!

Vi är nästan tvillingar, ja? xD

Anyway, I'm not very active visitor on Welcome Forums, but when I saw your title, I just had to step in and say hi. There aren't many of us Nordic people here, so I'm even more excited to welcome you in YWS.

Hope you have an awesome time and that we can get to know each other!

Also, just PM me if you have any questions. I'll be happy to help you.

See you around,

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

13 Reviews

Sat May 30, 2009 11:58 am
Fortuna says...

XD Nej, jag är inte svenska, jag kommer från USA, men jag studerar svenska.

Du kommer från Finland och du talar svenska? Vad underbart! Jag vill öva svenska, men i Amerika man kan inte.

Tack för ditt gott hjärta, jag hoppas vi kan bli de bästa vänner!

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sat May 30, 2009 1:32 pm
Kaylyn says...

Welcome Fortuna,
Its nice to see that you have stumbled across this great website. :) So just some basic rules then: No chatspeak, such as lol jk and the such. Its obvious that you already know about the 2:1 policy. On this website you dont have to censor what you write as long as you rate it appropriately. If you have any questions, or need a review, feel free to PM me. :)

~Kaylyn
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

13 Reviews

Sat May 30, 2009 1:38 pm
Fortuna says...

thanks for the notice! I'll be sure to put all of my knowledge of english grammar rules to good use here ;) As I said above, I'm actually not Swedish, I'm American, but we all know how Americans are with their grammar >.>

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sat May 30, 2009 4:33 pm
XYZinnia says...

Hello! I’m XYZinnia! :D

Welcome to YWS! It’s wonderful here. So, since Kaylyn told you the rules, I will tell you about the colors!

If you’ve noticed, some people here have colored names. (Like Demeter and Kaylyn.) This is because they have a “job” here. There colors are:

Blue =Greeters. Greeters greet newbies and tell them the rules.
Purple=Instructors. They critic your work to help you make it even better.
Dark Green=Moderators. Mods keep an eye on YWS and make sure it’s under control.
Light Green=Junior Moderators. They keep an eye on certain forums.
Red=Admins. Admins keep YWS running smoothly. There are three in existence.

Is that Finnish you’re speaking? I can’t tell. Do you know a lot of different languages?

That’s great that you love to critic! We always need more reviews. So the children’s book your writing, what’s it about? What age group of children? Is it a counting book? (I had to make one of those for school, once.)

What about your other books? What genera are they? What are they about? Are they for Adults? Teens? How far are you? Will you try to get it published?

Anyway, if you have a question, just ask!
-Y

(P.S. I like your username. :))

13 Reviews

Sat May 30, 2009 4:58 pm
Fortuna says...

It's nice to meet you XYZinnia :) Thank you for explaining the color system.

It's actually Swedish, I'm just explaining to Demeter that I'm not Swedish, rather, I'm an American who happens to know Swedish ;D But I do love languages, and I hope to become fluent in Swedish as well as Arabic and Japanese.

My children's book is called Askarina Bergatrollet (translated to 'Askarina the Mountain Troll'). The book itself will be in English, but the names and a few of the words will be in Swedish. Possibly I'll be creating a follow up in which the main character, Askarina, teaches readers a bit of Swedish, counting and basic phrases and the like.

The story is about a mountain troll named Askarina who wants something more out of her life than staying in her troll village mining for gold. She leaves the mountains to explore the forests, when she encounters a human boy named Arvid, whose life is in danger. She rescues him and as repayment he gives her an invitation to the ball of Prince Mannelig. Askarina uses her trolldom, her magic, to transform herself into a human, but the big toe on her left foot always appears troll-like. She then goes on an adventure looking for the human city, and on the way she meets friends and gains treasures. When she gets to the ball, she appears as a beautiful lady with many attendants, a gleaming sword at her side, riding bareback on wild horses. She dances with the prince, but her spell begins to wear off at midnight, so she quickly leaves the ballroom, leaving a shoe behind.
In the morning, she returns to get her shoe back, and Prince Mannelig discovers her troll-toe. She reveals her true form and the prince spurns her in front of the entire city. The friends she made throughout her travels explain to the prince what a good person and a worthy queen she is, but the prince spurns her for her ugliness.
Then Askarina, her friends, and people of the crowd moved by her kind heart, travel with her to start a new country in the land she aquired during her travels, and Askarina becomes the queen of a prosperous nation and marries the messenger boy she had rescued. And they all lived happily ever after. Fin.

Sorry, I know that was a loooooong synopsis. XD
My other stories:
Audreyllis Chronicles- Adventure/coming-of-age story about a young god in a severely messed up world
Professor Specter- a sci-fi about a young girl with the power to see things in another dimension, and her adventures with the ghost of an asylum doctor
Sympathy for the Devil- title subject to change. A dark fantasy about a fallen angel who must choose between happiness and righteousness as the denizens of Hell battle against a cruel and controlling Heaven

Thanks! I like your username too!

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.
— James R. Cook