z

Young Writers Society

Hey

Reviews: 0
Thu May 28, 2009 8:27 am
LighTMarE says...

Hey everyone, I'm 14 years old, Female, Like kittens, writing, singing in the shower and athletics.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Thu May 28, 2009 9:57 am
Meep(: says...

Ello Lightmare! :D
Welcoooome to our super dee duper YWS family!!!
*sprinkles confetti on Lightmare*

We've got a few (really! Just a few :)) rules to observe here in YWS:
--> Keep chatspeak and CAPS to an absolute minimal, please :D
This is a writers' website after all, and we want to encourage good english.

--> We call this the 2:1 ratio rule. For every 1 piece of work you post, you should review 2 pieces done by others. This helps us to keep the balance in the forums and it's fair :D

--> Rate your works! G, PG, PG-13 & R. R is for stuff like explicit scenes and strong language. For example, the F-word (you know which one I'm talking about. Not Fitzpatrick XD) usage, even once in your work, should get an R-rating. We need to protect the innocent eyes of the young, after all XD

Anyway, you can PM if you still have any questions about that :D
Singing in the shower, well who doesn't like to do that (Some people just don't want to admit it ;))?
I'm curious, what kind of athletics are you referring to? *sports fanatic*

So, we'd like to get to know you better. Enlighten us!
What kind of books/music do you like? Any favourite stuff you'd like us to know about?

~Have a great day then! :D
Meep(:
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Fri May 29, 2009 2:03 am
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

So, Meep(: mentioned the main rules so I'll explain colors. You may notice some people have colored user names, here's a little guide:

Light Blue: Greeters, they greet new members and make sure they're welcome. They answer any questions a new member may have.

Purple: Instructors, they give the best, most in-depth reviews.

Light Green: Junior moderators, they moderate some forums.

Dark Green: Moderators, they can moderate all forums.

Orange: Distinguished members, retired moderators.

Red: Site administrators, they make sure the site is running smoothly.

So, welcome to YWS. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! :)
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

Reviews: 0
Fri May 29, 2009 7:01 am
LighTMarE says...

Wow, you guys are very helpful, i'm in love xD

And I guess by the F-word you mean word starting with F and ending in uck, don't worry, I won't say Firetruck xp

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat May 30, 2009 12:50 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Helpful is pretty much the root of YWS. It's certainly a great place to be. :D

So, quick rundown of the places you can get help for your writing.

The first way is by bugging an Instructor (like me!) for a critique or tips on how to critique. It's our job to help your writing out, and critiquing is part of the deal. ;) It's best to ask an Instructor who posts in your preferred genre, so you'll get the best advice possible.

Second, you can check out Will Review for Food, a subforum of the Lounge. There, people post threads saying they'll critique on request. Check out a few threads, post on maybe three you like, and wait for a critique to come. ^_^

Third, there is the Knowledge Base, found by hovering your mouse over "Resources" in the header and clicking the Knowledge Base option. There, you'll find a bunch of articles, all written by YWSers, on ways to improve your prose, poetry, grammar, and even some tips for navigating YWS!

That's some more about the site, but how about a little more on you? What are your favourite genres to write/read? Any favourite books? Authors?

PM me if you need anything!

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

The worst bullies you will ever encounter in your life are your own thoughts.
— Bryant McGill