z

Young Writers Society

I'm New

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Wed May 27, 2009 6:15 pm
RosalieS says...

Hi every one!!
I'm new here, obviously, and i totally love it!!
Haven't really done much with it but seems really cool
I love writing, especially fictional stories and poetry and I really look forward to using this site to work with my writing and perhaps improving it :D

xoxo
Rosalie

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Wed May 27, 2009 7:36 pm
mtempleton says...

Hey there Rosalie! Welcome to YWS.

Firstly, we have a couple of rules here:

1. The 2:1 ratio. If you have a piec of writing to post, please freview two other pieces first. This way, everyone gets their constructive criticism and people are more likely to review your work in return.

2. Rate your work, R PG 13 etc. You can do this as you're posting. This is a family site, afterall.

3. No text speak. We're all writers here, probably the kind of people who write out every word and use commas in a text, so just keep up the standards.

Erm, thats about it Have lots of fun, read lots of stuff, take part in games and silliness in the community forums, join a group which tailors to your needs, and hopefully, you do get to see your writing improve.

And I'd be happy to give you a crit of your first story or poem. PM me anytime!

Happy writing

m
"I want my journey to be full of laughter"

Final Fantasy X

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Wed May 27, 2009 7:47 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

Well, seeing as you already have been given the rule lecture, I don't need to-

*beep*

Hello, Rosalie! Welcome to YWS!

Remember to post 2 review befo-

*crash*

Excuse the automatic greeting machine.

Anyway...

So, fictional stories and poetry? Well, this is the perfect fit! What genre of fiction do you like?

And now for my interrogation:

1)Do you like thunderstorms?

2)What's your favorite book?

3)Food?

4)Movie?

144 Reviews

Reviews: 144
Wed May 27, 2009 8:31 pm
GoldenQuill says...

Welcome Rosalie! I love new members! I was one like, not too long ago. x[}
Anyway. You've gotten the rules and what-not. But everyone forgot about the most important rule...
HAVE FUN! =}
3. No text speak. We're all writers here, probably the kind of people who write out every word and use commas in a text, so just keep up the standards.

I so do that. x[} None of my friends do, though.
formerly ZlyWilk

Finally achieving my dreams. Dive into a unique horror story.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Wed May 27, 2009 8:41 pm
XYZinnia says...

Hi! :D

Welcome to YWS! I’m XYZinnia, at your service. I see Templeton has given you the low down. So, I will tell you about colors!

If you’ve be looking around YWS, you’ll notice that some peoples are names different hues. This is because they have a “job” here. The colors are:

Blue: Greeters. Greeters welcome newbies and tell them the rules. (Like Thunder up there.)

Purple: Instructors. Instructors critic (or review) you work. This helps your work get even better!

Dark Green: Moderators. Mods go around helping people. They keep an eye on everything. They’re the people to call if you have a problem.

Light Green: Junior Moderators. Junior Mods are like mini Mods. They help people, too.

Red: Admins. Admins take care of YWS. They keep the site up and running.

Orange: Distinguished members. They are people who have retired from the “Mod Squad”.

So, you like fiction? What all have you done? Have you written you own book? What is your favorite type of poetry? What’s your favorite poem? Quote? Type of cookie?

Did you pick your username because of the character from Twilight? If so, there is a group of Twilight fans here. (Called “Alice Cullen Knows Your Next Move” I think.) Anyway, you can join that and many other groups by clicking the “Groups” icons in the top-left corner.

Anyway, glad you’re here! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask! :)
-Y

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Sat May 30, 2009 2:39 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hey Rosalie! Nice to see you have found your way around! Chat is fun, right?

I'm Kat, nice to meet you ^_^

It seems you have been very well explained to, so I'll just give you some advises ok?

- Don't be afraid to post your work! We don't bite (much :P). Also, don't take reviews too personally. Some can be harsh, and people are only trying to help you.
-Check the Knowledge Base. We have cool articles there, that can help you with your writing, written by YWS members!
- It seems you have found the Chat, but if the hat is closed, you can always hang out in the Lounge.

Tell us more about yourself!
Pop or rock?
Ice cream or cookies?
Rollercoasters?

Feel free to PM me, if you need anything!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sat May 30, 2009 2:52 pm
Fortuna says...

Hello Rosalie! I'm a new person as well, and I look forward to seeing your stories.
Do you write fantasy stories? I ask because that's my genre of choice ;)

Never use your shield as a dinner plate, for that is when the enemy is most likely to attack.
— The KotGR Commander