Reviews: 0
Wed May 27, 2009 2:23 am
ariella says...

Hi, I'm new here as well.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Wed May 27, 2009 3:33 am
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Hey, ariella. Welcome to YWS. We're real friendly here. Let me lay down the main rules for you:

:arrow: The 2:1 ratio. This means, for every piece of work you post, you must complete two reviews. Now, I review is at least three lines long. I've learned that people are more likely to review your work if you review theirs.

:arrow: Rate your work. If something has graphic scenes or the f-word, please rate it 'R'. After all, this is the Young Writers Society. If your work isn't rated R, it will appear on the YWS homepage. :)

:arrow: Please limit chat-speak. Pls dnt tlk lik dis. This is a writing site, please try to use proper spelling and grammar. Thing like lol, brb, and POV are fine.

So, yeah. Hope you have fun on YWS. I look forward to seeing some of your work around here. So, some basic questions about yourself.

What genre do you like to write?
What genre do you like to read?
What type of music do you listen to?
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Wed May 27, 2009 3:51 pm
XYZinnia says...

Hello! I’m Y! :D

Welcome to YWS! I’m sure you’ll love it here. To start off, I’ll tell you of the colors.

See how mhmmcolleenx0’s name is blue? That’s because she’s a greeter. A greeter will greet newbies, and tell them the rules. Other people are:

Instructors: Purple. They critic your work to help improve it.
Moderators: Dark Green. They keep and eye on YWS.
Junior Mods: Light green. They help you if you have a problem.
Admins: Red. They keep YWS up and running.
Distinguished members: Orange. They are retired Moderators.

Feel free to explore YWS! It has all sorts of cool things lurking about it.

So tell us about yourself. What do you write? Poems? Books? Have you written a book? Why did you pick your name? Tell us what ever you like!

So, I hope to see you around. :)
-Y

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Wed May 27, 2009 9:25 pm
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hey!

Well, since Colleen covered the rules, and Y took my back-up plan of explaining the moderators, I'll just explain the About the Authors section!

The About the Authors section is a fantastic way to meet new friends. It's a forum dedicated to talking about what you know best; yourself. I've met a lot of friends (like Rosey :wink:) from that forum, and I'm sure you will too.

Well, have fun and write on!
- Fragile_heart(!)

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Wed May 27, 2009 11:07 pm
RainWanderer says...

Hi Ariella! I like your name! Well, every one have covered everything there is, so I guess this is just a normal welcome... Hope you have fun on YWS!
Who am I? Just a wanderer, traveling from real life to dreams.

“Writing a book is a very lonely business. You are totally cut off from the rest of the world, submerged in your obsessions and memories.” - Mario Vargas Llosa

Moo.
— Cow