z

Young Writers Society

Hi, I'm new too!

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Tue May 26, 2009 9:14 am
goatgirl says...

Hi, I'm new to this site, and it all seems confusing! I'd like to talk to other people who like writing (and if you like goats, cacti, gardening, reading, looking after the environment or acting that's great), so please reply! I don't really know what else to say, but I'd like to meet some new people and see what everbody's written (and hopefully get some of my work reviewed too)! What's the point system about?
Please reply!
If you can't think of anything appropriate to say, restrict your comments to the weather.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue May 26, 2009 3:22 pm
XYZinnia says...

Hello! :D

Welcome to YWS! Glad you could join us! YWS is a wonderful little world!

Ok, so we have some rules here. (Every place should.) There are four main ones:
1. Rate your works. If it has any adult situations or vulgar language, it needs to be rated. That way no one sees something they wish they hadn't.
2. No chat speak. (wet dnt lik 2 red dis.)
3. No CAPS.
4. There is a 2:1 ratio here. So for every work you publish, you should review two other pieces.

Oh, that reminds me, points. You can get up to 50 points for reviewing someone’s work. To post one of you own pieces, it will cost 150 points. (But you get 50 back, so really only 100.) You can donate points to people by clicking the “Donate points” button under their points. About once every two weeks, points are reset, so everyone’s go back to 300. Who ever had the most points when this happens will become the Featured Member. The points are reset so others can have a chance at being the Featured Member.

Anyway, now that that’s out of the way, allow me to introduce myself. I’m XYZinnia, but you can call me Y. (Or XYZ, Zinnia, or X-ray Yoder Zulu, as someone here prefers. :)) So what should I call you?

I’m pretty sure everyone here loves reading. What book are you reading at the moment?

Goats are pretty awesome. I’ve always had a strange sort of fondness for them. Do you have any goats? Or any other pets? If so, what are their names?

I used to have a garden. I grew flowers and tomatoes and peppers and cucumbers. Sadly, I had to move. I recently tried to plant cabbages, but the weather killed them. :( So what do you grow? Vegetables, flowers? Which types?

Acting! Woo! I love acting! How many plays have you been in? Would you list them for me?

Anyway, it was wonderful meeting you! I hope to see you around! :D

So long!
-Y

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue May 26, 2009 5:28 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Welcome to YWS!

Goats? That's very interesting! I like goats, but I must admit that I prefer sheep. :D

XYZinnia got the rules and points out of the way, so I'll explain the groups to you! At the very top of the page is a big button that says "Groups". If you click on it, you will find a very long list of usergroups that you can join. Each of these groups has a theme such as Shakespeare, character and plot development, foreign languages, philosophy, video games and so on. I'm sure you'll find a lot that interest you!

I like acting too! What's your favorite play/musical/opera?

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Wed May 27, 2009 2:07 pm
goatgirl says...

Thanks for telling me about this site! In answer to your questions, Y, I'm reading several books at the moment, including Einstein's Beetle and The Taming of the Shrew (though I'm not sure a play counts as a book)! Despite endless wishing, I don't own a goat, but I do have a very cute cat called Ellie. Mostly we just grow flowers in our garden (roses, tulips, etc.), but recently we've been trying with some peas, lettuces and other edibles. I also grow cacti indoors, as well as some other succulents and carnivorous plants. I've been in more plays than I could list (though none proffessional, but I have been in four proffessional operas as an extra). In answer to your question, Winter, I really like 'Wicked', which is an absolutely amazing musical! If you ever get the chance to see it, do!
Thanks again for telling me about YWS! From Goatgirl.
If you can't think of anything appropriate to say, restrict your comments to the weather.

People say I love you all the time - when they say, ‘take an umbrella, it’s raining,’ or ‘hurry back,’ or even ‘watch out, you’ll break your neck.’ There are hundreds of ways of wording it - you just have to listen for it, my dear.
— John Patrick, The Curious Savage