z

Young Writers Society

Gabba Gabba Hey!

Reviews: 0
Mon May 25, 2009 11:59 pm
20thCenturyBaby says...

Hello People! :D
I'm Gina and i just stumbled across this site and thought it was like, totally wow xD
So i joined, as i lovvvvve writing about absobloominglootly everything, and here i am!
As a newbie is there anything that i should know or do?
well.. i look forward to posting all my random writing shizzles and reading all your pieces of awesomeness. Gabba Gabba Hey!
(: Gina :)

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue May 26, 2009 12:20 am
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Welcome to YWS, Gina!

Let's start out with the rules, shall we?
Here is a link to all of the YWS rules and we would appreciate it greatly if you would read through them:
rules.php

Now that that's over with, we'd like to know more about you!
What's your favorite genre to write in/read?
Do you have a favorite author or book?
What's your favorite subject?

If we know more about your hobbies/interests it will be easier to recommend groups/forums for you! If you click on the big button on the top of the page that says "Groups" you will find a long list of usergroups that you can join! These groups all have different themes such as Twilight, anti-Twilight, plot and character development, debate, Shakespeare, Jane Austen, sci-fi and many more! I'm sure you'll find quite a few that interest you.

So, if you have any questions or would like a review, please feel free to PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue May 26, 2009 6:25 am
Wiggy says...

Hello hello! I'm so glad you joined! You seem to be a really happy person! I love happy people! *bounces and randomly eats some cotton candy*

So, Winter's Twelfth Night covered some of the rules (nice job, btw :)), and so I'll reiterate everything she said! However, I'd really like to emphasize the part that you'll absolutely LOVE YWS! The members are fabulous, the writing is great, the critiques are excellent, and I'm sure you'll find many new friends here. :) We're all basically a big family (a VERY big family--over 10,000 members! :D), and I'm super glad you joined!

So, some basics--keep the post/review ratio to 1/2. (2 reviews for every piece of work you post) We like to give back here just as much as receive, if not more! Community is a great place for some fun topics, such as the Lounge, Randomness, and Word Games. We have everything from Post Your Picture threads to random happy threads to, well, anything threads. It's tons of fun. :) Review away in the poetry and fiction boards (big cookie if you do! :)) and, as WTN already said, the groups are pretty awesome, too. :)

Weeeeell, I do hope you enjoy your stay here, and hope to see you around! PM me if you have any questions!

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
— Groucho Marx