z

Young Writers Society

The Answer to the Onion Incident.

Reviews: 2
Mon May 25, 2009 9:27 pm
Boatswain says...

I wonder how many people will look here simply because they think I have the answer to the famous onion incident. Sadly, I do not. But I bet I got you thinkin' didn't I?

Hi. New. And all that unoriginal bull. Have we covered those bases? Oh, goodie.

You'll probably find me frequenting the Historical Fiction section. Napoleonic History takes up a good chunk of my writing. If you're interested, you can take a look here. [/end shameless advertising of work]

Reviews: 0
Tue May 26, 2009 12:07 am
20thCenturyBaby says...

Hi! If you don't mind me asking... what exactly was the famous onion incident? should i know this? did pickled onions try and take over the world while i was sleeping like a baby, with no idea that onions might one day control my every whim?

:shock:

:lol:
(: Gina :)

Tue May 26, 2009 12:19 am
Boatswain says...

That's quite possible...

See, there's this author. With a genius mind far greater than mine will ever be. And he goes on and on about this onion incident.

And then doesn't tell the reader what actually happened in the "onion incident."

Brilliance.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue May 26, 2009 12:24 am
Snoink says...

XD

Another writer did that too... the guy who did Calvin and Hobbes had the noodle incident, but we didn't know what it was because Calvin always (very quickly) changed the subject. It was fantastic. XD

What book did this great onion incident come from?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Tue May 26, 2009 12:36 am
Boatswain says...

I can't for the life of me remember. Read it when I was about 7, so...

Don't worry, if I keep bashing my head against the desk, I'm sure something will come to me. A concussion, if nothing else.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue May 26, 2009 6:16 am
Wiggy says...

Ooo, concussions are nasty. :(

But, HI! *ginormous tacklehug* Welcome to YWS! You seem to have a grasp of the place with posting your work and such, so I'll just remind you that try to keep it to 2 reviews for every one of your posted works. Not to hard, definitely rewarding to you and the reviewed members work. :)

Awesome! Another historical fiction friend! We are few, but proud on here. :) Napoleonic fiction--I'll be honest, I don't know too much about it, but I'd love to learn more! Do you like any other historical periods? I'm pretty big on Jane Austen, Ireland (specifically the potato famine), and well, anything that's interesting!

It's great to have you on here, and extra kudos for your onion incident.

So...did you ever find the onion? *shifty eyes*
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

It always seems impossible until it's done.
— Nelson Mandela