z

Young Writers Society

Hey

Reviews: 0
Mon May 25, 2009 1:55 pm
hailsta says...

Hey!

I used to be Hayleyke on tywc when it existed, whether anyone will remember me or not..I see a few familiar names anyway, I miss that place but wow I must have been about 11 then!

I'm 19 now, at uni taking history and politics though sometimes I wish I'd done creative writing, been in a bit of a writing slump for a while but thought about getting into it all again after seeing some great stand-up poetry in my first year at uni.

Apart from that I'm v into lgbt rights and musicals [wow that couldnt have sounded more stereotypical if i tried hah] and apart from writing i LOVE to read, go see plays and open mic nights, when I have the time,
anyway

I've blathered on long enough- this looks like a fun forum cant wait to get posting :)

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Mon May 25, 2009 3:01 pm
deleted_5 says...

Hiya and welcome to YWS, our website for crazy, brilliant writers! :D We have some rules here that need to be followed. (Don't you dare grumble! I can hear you. :wink:)

1) No CAPS or chat-speak. WE REALLY DON'T LIKE IT and its rlly hrd 2 read 4 sm pple. :D Also, we're all writers here, so we should show that we can write properly. But, you have the exception of brb, lol, rofl, simple words like that. But don't be going into gr8, when do u wnt 2 mt?

2) We like to keep a 2:1 ratio in the Writing forums. That means that for every story you post, you need to have 2 reviews done. That way people will want to review your work and it's a great way to make friends.

3) Please rate your work in the Writing forums. If you're writing a story with sexual, graphic, gory scenes, or if you use serious swear words, please rate it R.

Well, that's all the rules. (See? It wasn't that bad. :D ) Simple enough.

So, you like musicals huh? What's your favourite? (I honestly prefer Wicked and Cats)

It was nice meeting you. I hope you'll have a blast on this site. If you have any questions, or if you just wanna chat, you can always PM (Private Message) me.

*Lucy
I hate television. I hate it as much as I hate peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. I also hate being on television, I hate it as much as people hate chocolate. But they always want chocolate.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Mon May 25, 2009 3:20 pm
XYZinnia says...

Welcome back! :)

I’m Y. I don’t remember you. (Of course, I haven’t been on here too long.)
Do you remember the colors? If not…

[spoiler]Blue: Greeters. They greet newbies.

Purple: Instructors. They review you work to make it even better!

Dark Green: Moderators. (Or just Mods.) They take care of the forums and keep an eye on YWS.

Light Green: Junior Mods. They take care of certain forums.

Red: Admins. Take care of YWS and make sure it's running smoothly.

Orange. Distinguished Members. Respectively retired Moderators. [/spoiler]

Anyway, glad your back! I like history. It’s so interesting. What are you planning on being when you grow up?

Oh! I love musicals, too! :D (There are tons of Wicked fans here.) So do you have a favorite musical? A song? A scene? Have you ever been in one? (Maybe not professionally.) How many have you been to? How were you first introduced to musicals? What was the first one you saw? The last?

Sorry for bombing you with questions. :oops: I’m just curious.

Anyway, can’t wait to see some of your work!

Have a nice day! :)
-Y

(P.S. Where is the setting for your avatar?)

Reviews: 0
Mon May 25, 2009 4:31 pm
hailsta says...

Hey, no I haven't been here before though I did register and then just not get into posting, my message was refering to an old website of which I recognise names & faces on here :)

I want to go into journalism or law ..or, well, I don't really know which is not very assuring but I have two years of my degree left to sort that out.

Wicked's great :) Seen it a handful of times in London. I did a musical called 'Once on This Island' a little while ago at a youth drama group, great fun but not a very well known one in terms of musicals- it was on broadway for a bit though but AGES ago and I believe West End too but I could be mistaken.

My favourite musicals at the moment are probably Spring Awakening and Les Mis (fav song has to be My Junk from Spring Awakening!) ..both happen to be my all around favourites along with Rent, Into the Woods and of course Wicked. I've been to quite a few: RENT remixed (horrifying), Wicked many times, We Will Rock you, Les Miserables, Spring Awakening. Most recently I saw Oliver! which wasn't bad. Probably more, but I'm sleepy haha.

-Hayley

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue May 26, 2009 12:28 am
Snoink says...

Oy, do you remember be? Because I think I saw you, but I'm not sure I did and everything. XD I was Snoink there, and I hear I was extremely annoying. :P

Anyway! It's awesome to see you. It's funny to see how the TYWC members grow up. Some of us are pregnant and whatnot, even! Not me... definitely not me, but some of us are.

See you around the forums! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Who, being loved, is poor?
— Oscar Wilde