z

Young Writers Society

Hello

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat May 23, 2009 6:34 pm
flippinmayonnaise says...

Hi, I guess like everyone else in this forum I'm new, and I hope I'm doing this correctly :/
My name is Jen and I'm 16. I'm mainly here to experience the works of others and relate through writing; I think it's amazing how literature can bring people from completely different backgrounds and situations together.
Well, I guess that's it. And no worries, I read the rules so there will be no incorrect grammar here (though I would never willingly subject myself to that anyways).
Thanks!

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Sat May 23, 2009 7:22 pm
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hi Jen!
I'm Avery, and welcome to YWS! Since you've already read the rules, I guess I'll just skip that part of the typical welcome-new-members speech.

Members with colored names are called Moderators, or Mods for short. Distinguished Members, or the 'veterans' of YWS, are orange. Administrators, like Nate, are red; they run YWS. Moderators are green, and Junior Moderators are light green. They browse the forums, fight the evil plagiarizers, and correct wrongly posted threads. Instructors are purple, and help with you're writing. Their mascot is Eduardo from Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends. Greeters are purple. They greet new members (like yourself) and establish YWS rules. Their mascot is Bloo. (Instructors and Greeters are always having friendly battles :wink:)

But, people like you and me (we seriously need a cool name :smt045 ) with black names, are just members.

Hope you enjoy YWS! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

- Avery

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sat May 23, 2009 11:26 pm
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Hello, welcome to YWS. Well, fragile_heart already went over the colors, and you read the rules, I'll talk about groups.

Groups can be found in the header and there are plenty of different groups. I'm sure you can find smoething that interests you. I highly suggest you check them out, I really enjoy joining in on them.

So, feel free to PM me if you have any question. Also, tell us a bit about yourself.

What genre do you enjoy writing?
What genre do you enjoy reading?
What types of music do you like?

Have fun on YWS!
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon May 25, 2009 7:08 am
Meep(: says...

Hey Jen!!! :D
Welcome to YWS *fanfare*
Have I mentioned I love your username? XD
Flippinmayonnaise *nods*

Anyway, *tacklehugs*
We really appreciate people who take the initiative to read up on the rules first,
So... cookies for you!
If you've got any queries, you can click on the button on the extreme right of the top of the site that says "Help & Support".
Alternatively, you can also ask around. There are lots of friendly people here :)
The Mods are really nice, just try not to stare at the torture device that they're holding ;)

~Feel free to drop me a PM anytime and have a great day! :D
Meep(:
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

have u ever noticed how ugly rosy-lipped batfish r? and not like in the “aw ur so ugly ur cute” way that like opossums r — no they’re just hideously ugly beasts that should never have existed and r the epitome of evolution fails. the stupidity, blank look, head emptiness. they’re horrible n everyone who likes them r horrible too. they truly have the worst fan-base >:[
— Shady