z

Young Writers Society

Hi. I'm new.

Reviews: 2
Fri May 22, 2009 10:52 pm
discodiva427 says...

Hi everyone. I'm new on here. My name is Katy. I'm 13 years old. I'm from the UK. I like reading lots of books so I feel that this has influenced my writing. I also enjoy dancing, singing, acting, listening to music. You are all going to mock my musical interests but here goes...Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, The Noisettes, The Veronicas, The Jonas Brothers, Demi Lovato and anything else really. I play the flute. Any fellow flute players? I'm currently working on Grade 3 at the moment. I would like to make some new friends.

Phew, that was painless :P

Katy x

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sat May 23, 2009 12:44 am
XYZinnia says...

Hello Katy! I’m Y! :D

First of all, let me lay down the rules.

1. Rate your works. G, PG, PG-13, or R. You should defiantly rate it if it has any adult situation or bad language.
2. There is a 2:1 ratio here. So for every work you post, you should review two other pieces.
3. No chat speck. There are a few exceptions, I think. (Like “lol”.) But it would be better to just avoid them.

Now that that’s out of the way, it’s nice to meet you! I love books, too! What book are you reading right now?

Actually, there are four flute players I know: fluteluvr77 , Windy Slivermist, lovly_audrey, and Sumi H. Inkblot. You might want to talk to them.

I also really like acting. (And singing, too.) What plays have you been in? Musicals are awesome! Most have really music, too, so I like to sing them best. :D

Dancing is fun too. I’m not very good, though. :roll: Do you take a certain type of dance? I used to take ballad when I was younger. :)

Anyway, it's nice to meet you! (It’s always fun to see someone who shares the same interests as you.) If you have any questions, just ask!

See ya around! :D
-Y

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Sat May 23, 2009 2:48 am
Dreamwalker says...

Hey there, I'm The.Dreamwalker but most people just call me dreamwalker or DW or TDW or whatever they're all calling me these days XD. You can call me whatever yah like, and it's a pleasure to meet you.

You're probably wondering about the colour coded names like mine being blue and such. Well there's a structured order about YWS in that. Here's a basic description of the roles the coloured names play.

Blue: Greeters
Purple: Intructors
Light green/Green: Junior mods/Moderators
Red: Admins
Orange: Distinguished members

Okay so the blues, like myself, are greeters. We help make sure that the new ones to the site are doing well and answer any sort of issues they may have. We also sort of 'inform' them of the rules so they dont make too many mistakes in their beginning days. The rules are pretty easy though so nothing to worry about :D.

Then there are the purps, or the instructors. They review and review and then when you think they cant review anymore, they review some more. They are the ones to go to if you want a good critique!

Light green's are junior mod's and they make sure a specific area or forum is good and clean for the other writers and to make sure that area is serviceable. Green's normally make sure everything is running smoothly. Dont get on their nerves though cause they have the power to ban you XD.

Then there are the admins. Now these guys you must follow. Nate, or in other words our YWS God created the website. The other reds like Firestarter also have lots of responsibilites in making the site we come to know and love run smooth as silk.

Of course there are the oranges, or our distinguished members. They are usually retired Mod's who feel they dont want the responsibility of being a Mod anymore. They arent usually online often but when they are, they are also given rights.

And for the music thing, yes I will agree that we disagree on music tastes, but of course I'm into bands that most people would never have heard of... but thats alright.

Welcome to YWS and if you have any questions or just need a good review, dont hesitate to PM me. Also, if you need a friend, just send me a request :D

From Dreams to Reality
~The.Dreamwalker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sat May 23, 2009 11:01 am
Black Wind says...

Hello! :)
You play the flute. It's interesting. I am also interested in music. I am self-tought guitarist. I cannot just listen to the songs, I like to write them. :D I also play the piano(I finished the musical school).
It will be interesting to read your works. :wink:
Antonina.

Reviews: 2
Sun May 24, 2009 9:16 am
discodiva427 says...

Hi! Thanks for making me feel welcome. Ok so I have written 2 reviews does this mean I can post one piece of work? Agains thanks :)

Katy x
"And if you asked me if I love him, I'd lie" - Taylor Swift, I'd Lie.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sun May 24, 2009 10:00 am
View Likes
Black Wind says...

Yes, you can post your work. You have got 348 points. That's enough for posting your work. (One posted work takes 150 points, if you certainly are not going to post work at Advanced critique). (Work posted at Advanced Critique takes 500 points). :)

"Think of all the beauty still left around you, and smile."
— Anne Frank