z

Young Writers Society

Newbie over here!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri May 22, 2009 6:38 pm
MySocksAreYellow says...

Okay, so far, this is a pretty awesome page. I've been looking around and stuff, and it looks pretty amazing.
I'm looking forward to look for some more.

-Joy.
And though I try to reach you,
And time is closing in on me
Most of us carry on as if nothing ever matters,
But I ask you my love
Will you hold on to me forever?

Robi Draco Rosa - Mad Love

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Fri May 22, 2009 6:43 pm
MaresAzulados says...

Hey! Welcome, I'm kind of new too...

and I got to tell you... this page's awesome!
Scipio: Do you know what happens here after dark? Things little eyes should never, ever see.
Bo: We're not scared.
Scipio: Not scared? Well, aren't you the little tiger? RAWR!

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Fri May 22, 2009 7:35 pm
deleted_5 says...

Hiya and welcome!! I agree, this is a totally awesome page. All the other forums are cool, but this one's one of my personal favourites. :D

So, at YWS, we have some rules for you to follow.

1) No chat speak or CAPS. IT'S REALLY ANNOYING and ppl cnt undrstnd what you're saying. And we're all writers on here, so we need to use proper spelling.

2)On YWS we like to keep a 2:1 ratio in the Writing forums. So you need to do 2 reviews for every story you post. That way people will want to review your work and it's a great way to earn points.

3)Please rate your writing pieces. If your story has sexual, gory, major swearing, or graphic scenes, please rate it R. It helps the readers know what's in your story, and some have set boundaries.

Well, that's all the rules. See? It wasn't that bad, right? :D So, why don't you tell us a little about yourself.
What do you like to read?
What genre do you write?
Who's your favourite band?
Are you working on any stories?

Well, I won't get too carried away. :D I hope you have a great time on YWS. It really is a fun website.
If you have any questions or if you just want to chat, you can PM (Private message) me.

Lucy
I hate television. I hate it as much as I hate peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. I also hate being on television, I hate it as much as people hate chocolate. But they always want chocolate.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue May 26, 2009 8:48 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hey Joy! Welcome to YWS!

First of all, I absolutely love your username!! I'm actually wearing yellow socks right now. :D

So, why don't I explain the groups, then? If you click on the big button on the top of the page that says "Groups", you fill find a long list of usergroups that are available for you to join! Each group has a specific theme, like Shakespeare, video games, plot development and so on. I'm sure you'll find a lot that interest you! As far as I know, there is no limit to the amount of groups that you can join, but I could be totally off base there. But do join away!

Also, you might be wondering why some of us have different colored usernames. Here's a guide:
Black: Regular members
Blue: Greeters! We greet new members and help explain the site to them
Purple: Instructors. They give frequent amazing reviews.
Light Green/Green: Mods and junior Mods. They help keep the site organized and make sure everyone is following the rules.
Red: Site administrators
Orange: Distinguished members. They're usually retired mods.

Well, if you have any questions please feel free to PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

Life is like a bag of potatoes, it starts out rough, but can turn into something beautiful (and yummy).
— Ley