z

Young Writers Society

No one seems to read the sticky thread

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Fri May 22, 2009 11:23 am
mynameisTyler says...

Hey guys. I just dropped by to introduce myself, I'm still new around here and I still find the general interface (especially for the the profile toggling) a tad bit too confusing but the forums are great. Thanks for the useful info.

Anyway, on interests, I generally enjoy rock music, though I do like a little bit of hip-hop too; I used to compose songs for our high school band; but I'm here to take writing a bit more seriously.

I enjoy reading, though I haven't read much; in terms of poetry for entertainment, I enjoy poems by Gertrude Stein and ee cummings. I like the complex yet simple style that projects well both when presented visually and orally.

So, there! haha.
and that night the sky was blue

length, you are my enemy.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Fri May 22, 2009 12:29 pm
Octave says...

I'm from the Phils too!! (Although I'm not really Filipino by blood, but I still live in the Phils so I guess it counts. And I can't speak Filipino very well, so forgive me? I understand it, though. ^__^)

And rock music is great.

Welcome to YWS! (I'm in no position to say this because I've only been around for a month, but haha. I just want to welcome you because you're from the Phils too.)
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Fri May 22, 2009 3:33 pm
peanutgallery007 says...

Hiya! I'm in position to welcome you; I've been here about four months :P !

So... welcome! I love rock music too. Do you know the main rules of YWS? You've probably read the stickys (which the topic of this post leads me to bevlieve I am right on that assumption), but nevertheless, I'll give them to you anyways.

:arrow: No chat speak! Rawr! ;)

:arrow: 2:1 ratio; every time you submit one piece, you review two pieces.

:arrow: Rate your works! (G, PG, PG-13, R). It'll show up on the front page if you do this too!

So! That's it, really. If you need anything else, feel free to PM me! :D

~April 8)
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Wed May 27, 2009 9:30 pm
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hey!

Oh yeah April? I've been here almost six months! Ha! :smt003 I'm pretty sure I welcomed you, too. Now look at you. All sophisticated, greeting others. *sniffle sniffle* They grow up so fast! :smt022

xD Just teasing you.

Anyways, welcome! I'm sure you'll find YWS very interesting site. And three of my friends are from the Phils, so I just wanted to say that too. :D

The last of the human freedoms is to choose one's attitudes.
— Viktor Frankl