z

Young Writers Society

Hey

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu May 21, 2009 10:18 pm
lovly_audrey says...

Hello I'm Audrey Roxanne,
I am still very new here. While I was posting chapter one of my vampire story my computer messed up and somehow posted it twice. I have no idea how it happened! I can't figure out how to delete one of them. Can someone help please? =)
~She Screams In Silence..~

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Thu May 21, 2009 11:00 pm
peanutgallery007 says...

Actually, it's all good! :D

Posting something twice happens to everyone around here, so it's common. You're completely fine.

Not to mention, you can only delete a thread if no one has responded to it yet.

If you don't know the ground rules for YWS already, then PM me and I'll be glad to give them to you! I wasn't sure because you've already posted things, so I wasn't sure whether to explain them to you or not :P

Hope this helps!

~April
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Fri May 22, 2009 1:53 am
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hey Audrey! I’m Avery, and welcome to YWS! I’m sure you’ll love it here.

Like Peanut said, posts can be deleted only if no one has replied to it. You simply hit the little blue (or maybe it’s red?) X in the right corner. If someone has replied to it, I’m pretty sure that you can get a mod (short term for moderator – aka the people with the multi-colored names) to delete it for you. Then again, I don’t really know the regulations of the mods.

As I mentioned, the mods are the people with the multi-colored names. Oranges are distinguished members, or the ‘veterans’ of YWS. These are people like Suzanne. Admins, or Administrators, are red. The only Admin I know is Nate, but I’m sure there are others out there. Regular Mods (moderators) are a dark green, like Snoink, and junior mods are light green, like springrain. Instructors are purple, like Rosey Unicorn, and Greeters are blue, Adnamarine. If you’d like to apply for a mod, there’s a forum under Community Forums labeled ‘applications’, but it’s better to join once you’ve got a better feel of the site.

So, those are the mods that I can remember off the top of my head, but like I said, there are probably plenty more. If you are looking for help, you could PM (private message) them for some advice. Or hey, better yet, you could PM good o’l me! :wink:

If you haven’t already explored YWS, you’ll find that it’s a very useful site when it comes to writing. Not only that, but there’s a chat room where you can meet lots of friends and play cool games, a knowledge base where you can learn from the best, and even a homework help section! You’ll most likely be addicted to the site, like the rest of us are. :wink:

So anyways, I have to get off now because my dad is calling!

Ciao bella!
- Avery

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri May 22, 2009 10:41 pm
Rosendorn says...

Just to correct Fragile, up there, you can not apply for Mod. You can apply to be a Greeter or Instructor, but not a mod. It will count against you if you apply. (And, keep in mind that you can only apply for any position after one month of being on the site)

As Avery mentioned, I'm one of the Instructors on YWS. Instructors are the people who go into great detail in every critique. Bug us if you want a good review. I'll ask you not to bug me in particular with vampire stories, though. Ask somebody who is more into that stuff, like Antigone Cadmus.

Another place with some good critics is Will Review for Food, a subforum under the Lounge. There, people post that they review on request and what they review. Read the first posts on those threads to see what people review, then request from the person who you think will do the best job.

YWS also offers the The Knowledge Base, found by hovering your mouse over "Resources" in the header and clicking the Knowledge Base option. There you'll find tips on navigating YWS, how to improve your prose and poetry, along with a whole bunch of other stuff-- grammar help included!

If you need anything, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

I want to understand you, I study your obscure language.
— Alexander Pushkin