z

Young Writers Society

don't know anybody.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Thu May 21, 2009 3:29 am
tiffanyann says...

i want to scream amd shout and jump up and down. you just gotta love technology. it makes your dreams of writing stories that lots of people read. i love, love, love, love YWS!!!!! i get to post my works here and people are gonna read it and then they're gonna say something about it and they're gonna help me write and i don't even know them!! that's not a bad thing, though. the me not knowing them in person part coz that'll keep me from pounding them when they say something bad about my work.

as i've said, i'm new here so i'm still kinda lost coz i don't know anybody here.

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Thu May 21, 2009 8:44 am
Lord Anzius says...

Woah that's a lot of "!"
Heh. :D

Welcome to YWS, hope you like it here.

There are some rules here:
1 to 2 ratio, meaning that you should have given 2 reviews for every one story you have posted.

Try not to use net slang/talk. Becos it can b vry irritating.

No plagiarism (although if you tell us that the work isn't yours it's okay.)

Hope you enjoy it here.
To copy reality is good... But to create reality is much, much better.
-Giuseppe Verdi-

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Thu May 21, 2009 3:40 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hi Tiff! Mind if I call you that? I'm Kat, and i?m here to welcome you to YWS!
It is an awesome thing, technology, ain't it? I love it too! I see you have a positive attitude about posting your work, it's good. Some newbies, as we like to call the new comers, are afraid to post their work. But don't worry! We don't bite (much).

There's two more rules Anzius hasn't mentioned.

-Rate your work. If it contains adult themes and/or rough language, please rate is a R. That way, our youngers can keep themselves away from what they shouldn't read. Also, rated works will appear on the Home page, except the ones rated R. This is a family site, after all.
- No chat speak is allowed (unless lol, MC, POV, and such. But don't overuse them!) and keep capitalizing to a minimal. Means you won't be needing your Caps Lock!

I still advise you to go to the Rules.
Alas, don't afraid to explore the site! Go to the 'Knowledge Base', under 'Resources' and you'll find cool articles explaining many grammatical and such things.
Go to 'Groups' (the big button at the top of the page) and check them out! There are many user groups about many things, where you can discuss everything related to the theme and meet people with the same interests as yours ;)

Questions? PM me :D
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue May 26, 2009 8:53 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Welcome to YWS!

You sound very enthusiastic! Yay! We love enthusiastic people here. I'm so happy that you're liking YWS!

Right, so why don't I explain the colors. You may have noticed that some of us have different colored usernames. Here is a key:
Black: Regular members
Blue: Greeters greet the new members and inform them about the site
Purple: Instructors give many in-depth critiques
Light green/ green: Junior mods/mods. They makes sure we're all following the rules
Red: Sight administrators
Orange: Distinguished members

Well, if you have any questions please PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

I do all of the training for Walgreen’s cashiers.
— The Devil