z

Young Writers Society

I've been looking for a good writing forum forever!

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed May 20, 2009 5:27 am
Actawesome says...

Hello everyone! My screename is actawesome as you can blindly see. I'm seventeen years old, and I've wanted to be an author my entire life. Although my writing is not very good yet, I hope I can be a good contribution to the site. I hope to also meet a lot of friends, make enemies, and all of the jazz.

^_^

I hope everyone likes the type of stuff I post. Right now I'm trying to write my first novel. It's called BOG (Banquet of Gluttony for long) and I'm at around 37,000 words. Not to much, but hopefully I can improve my pace soon enough.

So again, nice to meet you all!

-Act

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Wed May 20, 2009 5:31 am
anti-pop says...

37k? Not bad at all! :P

So welcome to YWS. This really is a great writing community - there's lots of awesome people to meet and prose to read.

If you have any questions or would like a review, just send me a PM. ^_^

Pop
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

10 Reviews

Wed May 20, 2009 5:35 am
Actawesome says...

anti-pop wrote:37k? Not bad at all! :P

So welcome to YWS. This really is a great writing community - there's lots of awesome people to meet and prose to read.

If you have any questions or would like a review, just send me a PM. ^_^

Pop

Wow! Thanks for the quick response.

I know this is probably a redundant question to ask but are there any guidelines to the critiquing?

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Wed May 20, 2009 8:35 am
Shauni says...

Hi Act (does that work as a nickname?)1 Welcome aboard!
Pleasure to meet you.

No, there are no guidelines for the critic but you might wanna consider these little tips:

1) You need a balance in your critics. If you are going to be harsh, try to be in a nice way. Sometimes, people just need to hear that their story isn't that great but you can aways sound nice while saying it ;)

2) Don't be mean. People would not be your friends and you will lose some friendship we have to offer.

3) Please, be serious while reviewing. Don't just say the typicals "I love it!", "It was amazing!" and so on. If you don't feel comfortable reviewing a certain work just give you overall feeling of it and give some tips. For example: In the plot, characters, feelings within the story.

I'm sure if you follow this simple tips you will have a great success! :D
You can also log on to the We Will Review For Food, in the Community Forums and post there a review stand!

Before I leave, let me give you the YWS basics. The main rules to keep you away from the Mods anger! ;) They are really nice to honest...

~For every post of your wok you make you should make at least 2 reviews. It's a 2:1 ratio.
~No char speak and/or capitalized words/sentences. We are ´[all] writers here.
~Rate your works accordly. If they have sexual content and/or f-word, rate then R. Works rated PG-13 below ill appear in the YWS front page.

That's it for " le basics" :P.

What about you?

Who is your favorite author?
What is your favorite music genre?

Have a great time here! Hope to see you around!

If you need anything, have a question or just wanna say hi, PM me anytime!

Best wishes

Shauni^^

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Wed May 20, 2009 11:01 am
Mars says...

are there any guidelines to the critiquing?

Yes, there are. I suggest you check out these articles:
viewarticlebody.php?t=18792
viewarticlebody.php?t=19457
Hopefully they'll help. ^^ Sometimes harshness is a good thing, sometimes it's not; just use your judgement. There's no right or wrong, really.

Oh and welcome! :) Feel free to PM me too, if you need anything.
-Mars
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

10 Reviews

Wed May 20, 2009 11:21 pm
Actawesome says...

Shauni wrote:Hi Act (does that work as a nickname?)1 Welcome aboard!
Pleasure to meet you.

No, there are no guidelines for the critic but you might wanna consider these little tips:

1) You need a balance in your critics. If you are going to be harsh, try to be in a nice way. Sometimes, people just need to hear that their story isn't that great but you can aways sound nice while saying it ;)

2) Don't be mean. People would not be your friends and you will lose some friendship we have to offer.

3) Please, be serious while reviewing. Don't just say the typicals "I love it!", "It was amazing!" and so on. If you don't feel comfortable reviewing a certain work just give you overall feeling of it and give some tips. For example: In the plot, characters, feelings within the story.

I'm sure if you follow this simple tips you will have a great success! :D
You can also log on to the We Will Review For Food, in the Community Forums and post there a review stand!

Before I leave, let me give you the YWS basics. The main rules to keep you away from the Mods anger! ;) They are really nice to honest...

~For every post of your wok you make you should make at least 2 reviews. It's a 2:1 ratio.
~No char speak and/or capitalized words/sentences. We are ´[all] writers here.
~Rate your works accordly. If they have sexual content and/or f-word, rate then R. Works rated PG-13 below ill appear in the YWS front page.

That's it for " le basics" :P.

What about you?

Who is your favorite author?
What is your favorite music genre?

Have a great time here! Hope to see you around!

If you need anything, have a question or just wanna say hi, PM me anytime!

Best wishes

Shauni^^

Aww, thanks for such a nice greeting. Man, people here are so nice. Feel free to call me ACT most people on the internet do. Umm..

My favorite author is probably between George RR Martin, and Ryukishi 07. Both of the works those two do are genius.

When it comes to music I love EVERY genre. You don't even know how much music I have on my computer, haha, it's gone over 10,000 songs now.

If I'd have to say my favorite bands they'd be: Bryan Scary and the Shredding Tears, Animal collective, Cloud Cult, and randomly System of a Down.

Thanks for such a good welcome.

Surround yourself with people who are serious about being writers, and who will tell you, ‘Hey—you can do better than this.’ Who will be critical of your work, but also supportive. And who will not be competitive in a negative way.
— Isabel Quintero