z

Young Writers Society

Hello, dear would-be writers!

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue May 19, 2009 7:24 am
iheartlondon says...

Hi guys and girls,

I'm very glad that I finally bumped into such a wonderful community. I'm Victoria from Latvia - a tiny country in Eastern Europe. I'm 20 years old and that horrifies me, since on the inside I stopped growing up 5 years ago probably.. Oh well, writers never grow up, do they? I keep telling that to people, but nobody really seems to get that. Anyone else experiencing the same issues?

I hope to find truly amazing people here and I believe I will! :) Actually, don't know where to start with, but I'm eager to read through and review some stories. Though I have no idea what and where to start with - I'm afraid my eyes won't bare such a vast amount of creativity in one place. :D

By the way, this summer I'm going to attend a Creative Writing course in Tallinn Summer School and have mixed feelings about it. Anyone else going? Anyone else been to any kind of creative writing course at all? It's going to be my first time, so I'm rather worried...

Anyway, I'm stopping my welcome spam now. :-D (in case you're still reading it)
Any advice, wishes and review requests will always be appreciated!

your new friend,

Vic
"It's better to be wanted for murder, than not to be wanted at all."

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue May 19, 2009 3:39 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to YWS. I just want to touch up on the baisc rules.

So, there are three basic rules.

1. No chat speaks. riters dnt typ like dis. (Plus, no one wants to read that.)

2. Rate you works. If there are any adult situations or profound language it needs to be rated. That way, no ones eyes come across thing they’d rather not see.

3. There is a 2:1 ratio here. So for every work you post, you should review two other pieces.

So you are attending summer school for creative writing. Sounds fun. so What genre are you hoping to write while you are here?

Well, if you ever need anything, feel free to pm me. I won't bite.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue May 19, 2009 3:59 pm
XYZinnia says...

Hi There! Call me Y! :D

Wow! You live in Europe? I’ve always wanted to go there. I’ve never been to a Creative Writing Course, but I’m sure you’ll do fine.

Your right! There are some wonderful people here. Everyone is so nice! It’s fun to read and review, and have others to the same for you.

So what are you going to be when (or if) you grow up? Are you in college? What is you favorite type of food? What do your parents do? Tell us about yourself! :)

I want to tell you something, so…
See how Night Mistress‘s name is in blue? That’s because she’s a Greeter. Greeters greet newbies. Other jobs are:

Purple: They are Instructors. They review you work, to make it even better!

Dark Green: They are Moderators. They take care of the forums.

Light Green: They are Junior Mods. They’re like little Mods. They take care of certain forums.

Red: They are Admins. Take care of YWS as a whole, and make keeps it up and running!

Orange. They are Distinguished Members. People who have faithfully retired their moderator title.

Ok, well that’s about it. PM me if you have any questions!

See you around! :)
-Y

(P.S. Sometimes I feel like I stopped growing, too. :wink:)

11 Reviews

Tue May 19, 2009 6:51 pm
iheartlondon says...

Night Mistress and Y, thanks for greeting me! ;)

Wow! You live in Europe?

Aren't there many people from all over the place here?

Answering to Y's, questions,.. well, as I kind of mentioned, I don't want to grow up and hope to stay a writer till the day I die. :D Not a very pessimistic plan, is it? I'm studying English in University now, II year... I love English, but the studies bore me... So, I'm really expecting something extraordinary from my Creative Writing course this summer (will tell you all about it when I'm back :P).

As for my parents, my Dad left to Canada several months ago and is planning to build a life there. He wants me to go with him, but Canada is on the other side of the world and I know nobody there, so that freaks me out now. And of course my beloved my Mom is here, don't really want to leave her and all my friends in Europe as well.

I see you joined YWC not so long too. What was it like at first? I'm a bit shy so far. :oops: Sooo much to read here, I just don't know where to start!

What genre are you hoping to write while you are here?

Night Mistress, that's a good question! I'm currently trying to write my first novel, but I can't really define it's genre yet. I want it to be a mix of romance and sci-fi. Where do you post such things? I've seen those genres in 2 separate groups... Does this mean I'll have to define where it belongs more then? :?

Thanks so much for being so open and supportive :)

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue May 19, 2009 7:15 pm
Demeter says...

Hi Vic!

Welcome to YWS! Guess what? I'm from Finland! I'm almost your neighbour, then, haha :D I'm Demeter, but most people call me Dem or Demi. Feel free to use whichever name you like best. =)

I don't remember, but did Latvia participate in Eurovision this year? I only remember Finland and Norway's entry ;)

To answer your question, there are many different kinds of literary forums, like romance, fantasy, sci-fi and so on. You'll find them all, when you cllck the "Writing" tab on the top of the page. The usergroups are meant for people to get together and chat, depending of course of the usergroup subject. You don't really post stories there.

Well, I hope you enjoy your time here! Just PM me if you're having problems on the site. :)

And I heart London, too. ;)

Demeter
xxx

Edit: Oh! happy-go-lucky (another YWS member) wants to say hi to you! We're in the YWS chat at the moment and I told her about you. :)
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Tue May 19, 2009 8:15 pm
tori1234 says...

Hey Vic! By any chance, is your real name Victoria?

(and welcome!)

-Tori
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

11 Reviews

Tue May 19, 2009 8:20 pm
iheartlondon says...

Hey Demi!

Cool to see someone else from Europe here!

Unfortunately, Latvia didn't make it to the finals this year :( But I enjoyed Norway's entry so much! Alexander looks so sincere, such a pure smile... *sigh*

Unfortunately, I can't go to chat with you tonight :( (Btw, how and where to do it? :oops: ) But if you and your friend are not so busy tomorrow, I'll most probably be here all evening from around 8pm. Would love to meet you!

Apart from London, I also adore Norway. I see you do too ;) I've been there this summer - Oslo is the coziest place on Earth, really!

Anyway, hope to meet you in chat (PM me how to get there :oops: ) tomorrow!

G'night!

11 Reviews

Tue May 19, 2009 9:17 pm
iheartlondon says...

tori1234 wrote:Hey Vic! By any chance, is your real name Victoria?

(and welcome!)

-Tori

Hi Tori,

Yup, my full name is Victoria, which I mentioned in the beginning of my initial post. ;-) I guess you're also Victoria then, nice to meet you here!

The emperor is rich, but he can't buy another day.
— Chinese Proverb