z

Young Writers Society

Hi! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue May 19, 2009 2:30 am
StandOut says...

Hi, everyone. :D

I'm StandOut. I'm 14 and a half, and I'm a girl (Although I'm not sure if that's relevant.) I've been writing since I was nine or so, but didn't start writing "books" until I was eleven. Before that, it was all short stories. :P My writing isn't very good, so getting critique will be nice. I'll try to give honest reviews as well. :D

And that's basically all I have to say. :P

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue May 19, 2009 2:57 am
XYZinnia says...

Hello Standout, I’m XYZinnia! :D

Welcome to YWS, one of the greatest places on the web! You’ll be really glad you came here. :)

So, we have some rules here.

1. Rate you works. You can rate is G, PG, PG-13, or R. You really should rate things with profound language or adult situations. That way no ones sees anything they wish they hadn't.

2. There is a 2:1 ratio here. So for every work you post, you should critic two other pieces. Then everyone’s work gets reviewed.

3. No chat speak. (itz nawt poite 2 tlk lik dis.)

So what should I call you? You can call me Y. So you started writing when you were eleven? I’m sure you’re good at writing. If there’s one thing YWSers do, it’s review. :)

So what are you favorite foods? Colors? Do you have any pets? What are their names? Where are you from? We want to get to know you!

Anyway, if you have any questions, just ask! :)

So long!
-Y

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue May 19, 2009 11:13 pm
How2EataRhesus says...

Hey StandOut! I'm Rhee, welcome to the forum. :]
Since Y gave you the basic Code of Awesomeness (Now with 2.4% less milk fat!), I'll just tell you about the colors. ^^
If someone's username is blue like mine, they're a Greeter. Although everybody can greet new users, we sort of get recognized for it. d: Basically, if you have a problem finding your way around, just contact one of us.
Instructors' names are in purple. Everyone can give a review, of course, but these guys are give totally awesome critiques. (Plus they're super scary and intimidating. Except maybe for Clo. ^^ )
A writer with a green name is a Moderator. A light green name means that they're a Junior Mod, which just means they have a little less to do.
Orange means that the user is a Distinguised Member (in most cases, a former mod).
And finally, the red guys are Admins. Straight from the Ministry of Love. ;o
Once you get a little more experienced, feel free to apply to be a Greeter or Instructor, or both. ^^ And in case you were wondering, you get a custom little second siggy under you username once you reach the Novelist Rank, 250 posts. (I'm almost there!)
Okey-doke, I'll let everyone else bombard you with the rest of the info you may need to know. :]
If you still have any questions, feel free to PM me!
'Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.' - Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Wed May 20, 2009 8:12 pm
Kaylyn says...

Welcome to the most awesome site ever! :) I know that you have come to the right place to correct your writings and your style. I know that mine did. As whats been said before, keep the writing to no caps. And if you ever ever need any help, have any quuestions, or need a review(not that you will) PM me, I'll be happy to help.

~Kaylyn
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Wed May 20, 2009 8:31 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hihi! Welcome aboard, Standout. Any nickname you want to be called?

I think the rules were pretty much covered for you, but here's a couple helpful links, just in case:
rules.php
topic813.html
topic20053.html

Oh also, they mentioned the 2:1 ratio, but also, you're supposed to write two reviews before posting any of your own writing. After that, just try to keep that steady ratio. Though if you want to make it 30:1 or 500:1 that would be awesome too. =D

If you have any questions, or just wanna talk, send me a PM. ^ ^ We have an awesome chatroom too. If you want a critique, I'd be happy to offer one, or you can go here and ask nicely for one: forum188.html

Hope you're having fun!

_Nam

P.S. Pssh, it's not instructors that are intimidating. And keep in mind. It's just a colour. You don't have to be purple to write really good critiques =D You just have to write pretty good critiques to be purple. :P
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Wed May 20, 2009 9:44 pm
Lord Anzius says...

I was too late! I couldn't tell the rules!

Well I'll Say hello anyways... Hello.
I hope you enjoy it here and if you have anything to ask, my profile is here. :P
To copy reality is good... But to create reality is much, much better.
-Giuseppe Verdi-

The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you're made of, not the circumstances.
— Unknown