z

Young Writers Society

Hello *waves nervously*

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue May 19, 2009 2:29 am
lovly_audrey says...

I'm Audrey Roxanne and I am very, very new. :shock: One of my best friends Jared told me to get an account on this site for my story so I did. My birthday is in 13 days. (Yay the big one - five.) I'm not sure what to put in this introduction. I am listening to Green Day's new album 21st Century Breakdown. That I got as an early birthday present. I am also drinking a red bull at 9:30 at night. Bad Idea? Yes I think so. Our school only has eight days left until summer so I don't really think it matters much anyway. I'm really running out of things to say. Just this is my introduction and I hope we get to know each other! ;D
~She Screams In Silence..~

Reviews: 3
Tue May 19, 2009 2:57 am
Newguy120 says...

Hey Audrey! I'm Jared! Of course you knew that! Hmm.. I should let other people know this. So, since you've already looked over most of the rules, I'll explain the name color system I've been told about since my hour of being on this site ^_^

Ok, if someone's name is in purple, they are like tutors or instructors or something. They give really good reviews and can help you with your stories and stuff.

If their name is a light blue color, they are people that greet you in instances like this. I'm sure one will say hi on this topic eventually, haha.

If their name is a light green, they are, "mini mods" or junior mods, basically they are working their way up the ranks but aren't quite to the moderator level yet.

If their name is a dark green, they are full blown moderators, the guys that watch over the site and keep order and stuff.

If their name is red, they are administrators, the big boys. They are like top of the food chain, or maybe the power chain.

Orange names are like retired mods, Distinguished Members

^_^

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue May 19, 2009 3:14 am
XYZinnia says...

Hel-lo, I’m Y! :D

So, welcome to our lovely little YWS world! It’s a good thing that school’s almost out, because people tend to get addicted, and that interferes with homework. :wink:

So, there are three basic rules.

1. No chat speaks. riters dnt typ like dis. (Plus, no one wants to read that.)

2. Rate you works. If there are any adult situations or profound language it needs to be rated. That way, no ones eyes come across thing they’d rather not see.

3. There is a 2:1 ratio here. So for every work you post, you should review two other pieces.

There we go. So, how are you Audrey? You’ve written a book? Wonderful! I can’t wait to see it!

Happy soon-to-be Birthday! 15? Woo!
:smt113

Tell us more about yourself, where you live, if you have a job, what you like to eat, how many pets you have, how may siblings you have, whatever you want! We want to know you!

Once again, Welcome! :)
-Y

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue May 19, 2009 3:41 am
lovly_audrey says...

Thank you for replying to my introduction and for the basic rules here!

I know I can't wait to get out of school and like be on this site often.

Yes I am in the middle of writing a book! It is going great I hope you could give me some constructive criticism on it sometime!

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I'm excited to be 15!

I am great! I just got the new Green Day c.d. and I made colorgaurd today!! So of course it's been a good couple of days. How is your life?
:)
~She Screams In Silence..~

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue May 19, 2009 8:55 am
mtempleton says...

Hello! *waves overenthusiastically"

Welcome to YWS. Can't wait to see your stories. PM me if you want a thorough crit.
I'm also in the middle of writing a book. Why don't you look at joining some groups for extra support. We have a forum just for novelists, you know.

I'm also listening to 21st Century Breakdown (freaky coincidence?) I think I'm impressed by it, but then, I've been waiting for it for about three years.

Anyway, happy writing! And happy birthday

m
"I want my journey to be full of laughter"

Final Fantasy X

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue May 19, 2009 3:35 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to Yws.

So tell us more about yourself like what is your favorite book and what type of genre are you hoping to write.

If you ever need anything, feel free to pm me. I won't bite.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue May 19, 2009 4:20 pm
XYZinnia says...

Me? I’m fine. I can’t wait for school to be out! :D Yay! It feels like it’s been going on forever. (I’m hoping that once school’s out, I can start writing my book.)

Speaking of which…

You’re in the middle of a book? Oh, good! :D I can’t wait to see it. What’s it about?

I’ve heard fifteen is a great age to be. (I wouldn’t know. :) ) So what are you doing for your birthday? Is your family coming?

Color guard? Like flag spinning? I always though that looked cool.

Anyway, my life's been good lately.

See ya later! :)
-Y

Life is about losing everything.
— Isabel Allende