z

Young Writers Society

Why, hello there.

Reviews: 0
Mon May 18, 2009 4:51 am
Asta says...

Well, there's not much to say other than I am here to improve not only the usual things like grammar and spelling, but also my feel and style of writing. I want to be able to say I've improved when I look at future work versus previous work.

I'm glad I found out about this and do hope I entertain at least one person with my work.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Mon May 18, 2009 6:32 pm
XYZinnia says...

Hello!
I’m XYZinnia, but you can just call me Y. :)

First of all, let’s go over the rules!

1. There is a 2:1 ratio here. So for every work you post, you should critic two other pieces. (You’re no limited to two, however. Review as much as you wish!) That way, everyone’s works get better, and your points stay up.

2. No chat speak. (Ex: ttfn, ily, mtfbwy. :) )

3. Rate you works. For any adult situations, profound language, and such. We don’t want people reading stuff they wish they hadn’t!

Also, there are colors. Some peoples names are colorful, this is because the have a sort of “job” here.

Blue: Greeters. They greet newbies.
Purple: Instructors. They review you work.
Dark Green: Moderators. (Or just Mods.) They take care of the forums.
Light Green: Junior Mods. They take care of certain forums.
Red: Admins. Take care of YWS.
Orange. Distinguished Members. Retired Moderators.

Oh, I’m positive you’ll entertain one person with your work. I wouldn’t be surprised if a ton of people like your work! There are a ton of different types of people on here, and they all like different things.

So, tell us about yourself! We want to get to know you! Have you writing a book yet? Are you planning on writing one? What type of writing do you like? Are you a poetry person? What do you want to be when you grow up? Do you live in the country? The City? Tell us! :)

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!

See ya around! :)
-Y

(P.S. We’re happy you found us, too. :))
Last edited by XYZinnia on Mon May 18, 2009 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Mon May 18, 2009 7:50 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hi Asta! Your name reminds me of 'hasta, baby!'. xD
Don't mind me. I'm Kat! Nice to meet you ^_^

Zinnia has already explained the rules to you, but I still advise you to go to the Rules

Now, tell us more about yourself! What are your hobbies?
Ice cream or chocolate?
Candy or cookies?
Books or YWS? <--- Realizes the answer for this is easy since you're not addicted yet.

Explore the site! Go to our Knowledge base, to read cool articles to improve and answer your questions.
If you want to chat, go to The Lounge or check if the Chat is opened (you can check on your YWS or on the Home page).
You can request a review from any of us, by PM (click on the second button at the end of this post), or go to the Will Review For Food thread.
Remeber have fun!

PM me if you need anything :D
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Mon May 18, 2009 8:37 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Welcome to YWS Asta! I am Winter.

Don't worry, I am sure that your work will entertain many of us! What do you write? Poetry? Fiction? Short Stories? Lyrics?

Anyway, you may have noticed the big button on the top of the page that says "Groups". Well, my friend, this button will prove very useful to you. When you click this button, you will find a very long list of usergroups that you can join! These usergroups all have different themes. There is a Twilight group, an anti-Twilight group, plot and character development groups, a Shakespeare group, a debate group and even a Mythbusters group! I'm sure you will find quite a few that interest you.

If you have any questions or would like a review, please feel free to PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

Reviews: 0
Mon May 18, 2009 10:23 pm
Asta says...

It's nice to meet you guys! And thanks for the explanations and advice!

To answer some qustions, I normally write short sories or fanfiction, though every now and again I'll write poetry. I am currently working on a novel, though the plot is undergoing major renovations due to the introduction of so much other stuff, so for now, all you might see of it are little snippets, character introduction peices, and so on.
I want to be an English language teacher in Japan when I get older and I live I live in the city, Albuquerque.

My hobbies, other than reading and writing, obviously, are that I like to sing and I play golf, and the viola.

Hmm, I like chocolate, candy (anythng sweet really), and who knows on that last one! ^^

If yo have anything else to ask me, go ahead, I'd gladly answer anything.~

I continue to be a reverse hipster, I only do things after they've ceased being cool
— BluesClues