z

Young Writers Society

K, here goes...

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun May 17, 2009 12:18 pm
hersheys says...

So, hi. I just magically found this site and thought it would be interesting to give it a try. My mother language is not english so I don't have anything you guys would understand to post here, but maybe I'll try translating my stories. Later. Oh, and for the same reason, pwease forgive any spelling or grammar errors, and point them out to me! :>
So, well, I dunno, I guess that's about it haha. Hope to have fun here.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sun May 17, 2009 2:11 pm
Black Wind says...

Hi!
Where are you from? English is not my mother language too. I am from Russia. I also translate my stories and poems.
And, if you want post your story here, at first you should write at least two reviews a:) I think, that you read rules. I just wanted to let you know:)
So, welcome!
Can't wait to read your works.
Antonina.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Sun May 17, 2009 4:02 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hi Hersheys! That reminds me of the chocolate syrup... anyway, I'm Kat! *waves*
Welcome to YWS!
yes, I too found it magically. Thanks to Google!
My primary language is Portuguese, but this site helped me very much with English ^_^

Now, here in YWS we have a few rules.

-Keep the 2:1 ratio. That means that for every story, poem what ever you post, you should do two reviews. A review has to be at least 250 characters to count.

- Rate your work. rate it R, if it contains adult themes or rough language. rated posts will appear on the front page, except the ones rated R. This is a family web-site ;)

- Chat speak is forbidden and you won't be needing your Caps Lock, since capitalizing is preferred to a minimal.

And that's it!

If you need anything, just PM me (the middle button at the end of this post)!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Sun May 17, 2009 4:30 pm
peanutgallery007 says...

You're mother language is not English? Cool! What language is your mother language? You don't have to answer, I'm just curious. :P

So! Welcome. I hope you enjoy it here at YWS! You can check out some of the groups we have by clicking on the button at the top that says Groups.

If you feel like explaining more about yourself you can head on over to About the Authors by clicking on the button at the top that says Community Forums, then scrolling down to where you see About the Authors listed. To post a new topic, just click New Topic and enter the subject and whatever you want to write, sort of like the one you made here!

Or if you just wanna talk for a while, you can go over to Chat from the Home page. It is a little down and on the left side of the Home page :) .

Okay! I hope to see you around more! Whenever you decide on translating those pieces of writing you have for us, I would love to see them!

Write on!

~April 8)
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sun May 17, 2009 8:02 pm
mtempleton says...

Hello there! Happy Sunday.

You've been told the rules, so I have little to add.

I also stumbled accross this site, almost a year ago. Isn't google wonderful? But It's been great. My writing has improved, I am better able to take criticism, and I've had some great oppurtunities to get my work out there. If nothing else, these dudes sure teach you to proof read.

If you ever need anything, just PM me. Apart from anythign else, I love to read translations. One of my best friends is Korean, and I love how original her writing is.

Speak soon

m
"I want my journey to be full of laughter"

Final Fantasy X

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sun May 17, 2009 9:25 pm
MagnusBane says...

Hey! Welcome to the site!

Sorry to hear that you probably won't be posting any of your works here - although you could try translating it, I suppose - but there's plenty of other things you can do on this site besides posting. People are always grateful for a review, and of course there are all of the forums where you can share your opinion on many topics. You could even join a group.

So even if you decide not to translate, there's still plenty to do here on YWS!

See you around!
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

Facebook is that cockroach that you just can't kill
— Gravity