z

Young Writers Society

Here i go

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Thu May 14, 2009 1:02 am
alohajuice says...

Hi everyone im nikko from new jersey! just registered today.
hopefully you'll like my work and vice versa :)

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu May 14, 2009 1:10 am
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Hey, Nikko! Welcome to YWS! Well, I'm going to lay down some ground rules:

~~ There is a 2:1 ratio here on YWS. This means that for every peice of work you post, you must do two reviews. I've learned people are more likely to review your work if you review theirs. A review is three lines long, at least. I'd aim for longer. :)

~~ Rate your work. If something has the f-word, or graphic scenes, you must rate it 'R'. If your work isn't rated R, it will appear on the YWS home page.

~~ Limit chat-speak. Pls dnt tlk lik dis. It's pretty annoying. Try using proper spelling and grammar. Also, try not to use caps lock.

So, again, welcome to YWS. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work around. Have fun!
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Thu May 14, 2009 3:52 am
peanutgallery007 says...

Hiya there Nikko! I read and reviewed your poem; it was good! :D

OK, so! It seems that mhmmcolleenx0 already explained the main rules, so I will tell you about groups.

You will see a group icon/ button up above in the column of icons. I would suggest getting started with some! The most popular ones are Debate, Character Tea Party, Double- Trouble Writing- Huddle, and so on! Also, you can check out my group by clicking on the link shown in my signature. :)

You can read the descriptions of each group and decide if you want to join. You cannot post in groups until you have joined, I'm sorry to say. :) But joining is rather fun! :D

Also, at first, you will see groups listed by the most popular at the top. If you scroll down a bit, there is a huuuuuge list of available groups to click on! They are assorted alphabetically, so finding a certain group is made easy. :)

Well, give me a PM if you need anything! I really hope to see you around YWS more. :P

Write on.

~April
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Thu May 14, 2009 5:29 am
Storm_Bringer says...

Hello AJ, (Do you mind that nickname?)

New Jersey, huh? That's cool. I live in Hawaii. Aloha! :P

So Peanut and Colleen explained most of it, just a few more things.

~The YWS Rainbow

~Blue

Greeters. Their job is to welcome and do all things newbie. ^^

~Purple

Instructors. They give really helpful reviews. They are full of ways that you could improve your writing.

~Dark and Light Green

Moderators. The Darks are Moderators, they make sure everything is clean, in the right place. Junior Mods are Light green and they do the same but in a specific forum.

~Orange

Retired Moderators. They can be reactivated whenever they want. They are also special members.

~Red

Administrators. They make sure YWS is up and running smoothly. They also update the site, etc.

So, welcome to YWS, again. I hope you have a great time. ^^ Feel free to PM me if you have a question about the site or whatnot. :D

~Storm
"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
~~~
Need a review?
One Stormy Review Coming Right Up!

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Fri May 15, 2009 2:51 am
Dreamwalker says...

Hey there :D I'm The.Dreamwalker but must people just call me dreamwalker or DW. You can call me whatever you like ^_^.

Just thought I would introduce myself and see if you needed anything or had any questions. If so, just PM me and I'll be there in a jiffy.

From Dreams to Reality
~The.Dreamwalker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

344 Reviews

Reviews: 344
Fri May 15, 2009 12:54 pm
Eimear says...

Hey there, Nikko! Welcome as well. It seems as if everyone's pretty much laid it out, just to let you know I'm a bit of a poetry addict and I also like to read lyrics, so if you need any help in those fields I'd be happy to help or just chat about writing in general.

Peace out!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde.

It's Monday and you folks are beginning to wonder about the show, aren't you
— David Letterman