z

Young Writers Society

Hi

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue May 12, 2009 8:58 pm
MySocksAreYellow says...

Hey, everyone! My name's Joyce, but the one who's writing this is her sister... I'm 15-years old, and I write different things, I really like it. Also, I want to make some friends... :D

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Wed May 13, 2009 12:07 am
peanutgallery007 says...

Hi Joyce! Love your name :P I'll be your friend if you want someone to guide you around a help out! I'm here for anything you need :D

But! Before I say anything else, I need to lay down the ground rules. Here goes;

:arrow: No chat speak. It isn't extremely strict, because lol, omg, and brb are okay... I'm not sure about the rest. Since you are new, they will cut you slack if you forget every once in a while. Just don't go tgif, tisnf, lol insane okay? :lol:

:arrow: Rate your works. If a piece has strong language or adult situations, then rate it accordingly so. Even if it is perfectly clean, rate it G or PG anyway! Rating pieces makes them show up on the home page, thus helping you get more reviews ;) More people will read it :D

:arrow: Here, we have a 2:1 ratio. That means whenever you submit a writing piece, you must review two other people's works before you can submit another piece. This really isn't that hard once you get used to it :D It's actually really fun helping people out with their writing!

So! Now that I've said that, I can ask you some questions.

What's your favorite food? (mine's spaghetti)
Favorite genre to read? To write?
Are you more of a story person or poetry person?
Where did you get your username?
Is this too many questions?

Talk to you later! I hope I get to see you around YWS often. :D

~April

P.S. PM me anytime for anything. I am on YWS daily so I can help out if you want 8)
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

144 Reviews

Reviews: 144
Wed May 13, 2009 1:21 am
GoldenQuill says...

Hey there! Welcome to Young Writer's Society! LOL, I remember when I was a new member... two days ago. =[}
Well, anyway. Welcome again! Only two days and I'm hooked, LOL. You have fun with your writing.
*pats*
Love & Blessings,
Aushy
formerly ZlyWilk

Finally achieving my dreams. Dive into a unique horror story.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Wed May 13, 2009 3:56 am
Meep(: says...

Hiya Joyce!
*waves* Welcome to our supercallifragilisticexpialidociously awesome YWS family :D
I'm Meep(:, a Bluey/Greeter.
And its my duty to... *tacklehugs* shower you newbies with affection :)

Okay, peanut has done an excellent job of informing you on the rules.
I'll explain our username colours:
Grey - The anything but normal members! Just as important as the coloured usernames :D
Blue - Greeters. The name says it all XD
Purple - Instructors. They help you out with your writing and you can ask them for a review, nicely of course. Offering them a cookie might help ;)
Light Green/Dark Green - Junior Moderators and Moderators respectively. They help keep the site running smoothly. If there are any problems that require attention, don't hesitate to ask them!
Red - The Administrators. We've got an awesome trio compromising of: Nate (All hail The Creator!), Firestarter and Meshugenah. They are awesomeness at its best.
Orange - Distinguished Members. The retired Mods and Admins ^^

Anyhoo, feel free to drop me a PM if you've got any queries and such, or even if its just to talk :D
~Have a nice day!
Meep(:
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.
— Ann Landers