z

Young Writers Society

new here

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Tue May 12, 2009 3:21 pm
Rach-Erin says...

Hi I'm Rachel and I'm brand new on here.
please feel free to email me to say hello at razzle-riot@hotmail.com :)
thanks for the support some of you awesome people have given me, your amazing in everyway.
lots of love
Rach-Erin x

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Tue May 12, 2009 8:33 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hi Rachel! I'm Kat, nice to meet you ^_^
Welcome to YWS, dear! And yes, were awesome, modesty on the side :P

Anyway, we have three major rules here.

1. Rate your work. If it contains adult themes, or rough language, rate it as R. Rated works will appear on the Home page, expect if they're rated R.
2. Keep the 2:1 ratio. That means that for every post you make, you should do two reviews.
3. Chat speak is forbidden and keep capitalizing to a minimal.

See you around!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Wed May 13, 2009 2:04 am
XYZinnia says...

Why hello! My name’s Y, nice to meet you! :)

Let’s see… oh yes, colors!

If you noticed, *writewatiwant*’s name is in blue. This is because she’s a greeter. A greeter greets newbies, and tells them to rules, like *writewatiwant* did for you! There are other colors, like…

Purple: Instructors. The critique the work you post to make it even better!

Dark Green: Moderators. They keep YWS under control. Contact them if you have a problem!

Light Green: Junior Moderators. They take care of a certain forums, and help you when you have problems with it.

Red: Admins. They run YWS and take care of if. They make sure it’s working smoothly.

Orange: Distinguished Members. They are people who have respectively quite being moderators.

Also, keep your post (comments, critiques, ex.) PG.

So, tell us about yourself! Here, I’ll help you. What’s your favorite color? What sort of activities do you do? Sports? What do you like to write? What do you like to read? Do you have any pets? Siblings? Are you allergic to anything?

Anyway, see you around! :)
-Y

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Wed May 13, 2009 3:29 am
Meep(: says...

Hey Rach-Erin!
My name's Meep(:
You can call me anything you like. Meep, meepster, meeper...etc.
There's another Meep around (Without the smile face at the end).
She's an Instructor, so don't confuse us XD

Anyway, since Kat & XYZ have laid out the ground rules,
I shall skip that. *skips*
Instead of giving us your e-mail, you can actually make use of our new and super awesome chatroom :D
That way, replies are instantaneous! :D
It's on the bottom left hand corner of the homepage.
Just sign in with your YWS account.
Oh, and do remember to read up the rules on that, 'cause we still don't use chatspeak and stuff :D

There's a "About The Authors" forum in the Community forums, the link is found below this Welcome forum. So if you feel like letting us get to know you better, or you simply want to join in the ego-fest, then by all means go right ahead!

One more thing: Feel free to PM me about anything, whether it be questions or just to chat ;)
~Have a nice day then! :D
Meep(:
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Wed May 13, 2009 4:09 am
peanutgallery007 says...

Yola! I'm April, the part of YWS who is not as awesome as everyone else... yet 8)

So! Why don't you tell us more about yourself? I see Meep(: has referenced you over to the About the Authors forum, and that's a good place to start. You can also make a blog (by putting your mouse over Blogs and clicking Blog Control Panel). Customize it, write it, we'll read it! :D

Oh, and you can PM me whenever, for whatever. I'll be there!

Poetry or stories? Which are you?

Write on. 8)

~April
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

There is nothing more radical or counter-cultural, at the moment, than laying down one’s cynicism in favour of tender vulnerability.
— John Green