z

Young Writers Society

Hello!

Reviews: 0
Mon May 11, 2009 11:39 pm
BBC16 says...

Hey everybody! Im new here, so I guess i should start by introducing myself. Im Bridget, but you can just call me B. I love writing (obviously). I play lots of sports including volleyball, basketball, track, soccer, and cross-country, so as you can see, i have a very busy schedule. I also play piano and guitar and tutor after school, but somehow i still manage to find the time to write. :) My favotie books right now have to be the Twilight series, but im not one of those people who are like obsessed with it, i just enjoyed the books and thats all :roll: I love listening to music of all kinds, except country, which i just CAN'T stand :x I love all animals and volunteer at shelterrs. I have a dog, a cat, and 3 fish of my own. I live on the beach here in the Lone Star State of Texas and i love the sun! :D Well, thats about all i can think of for now, but if you have any tips about the site, please share them :) Im looking forward to meeting all of you,
BBC :wink:

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Mon May 11, 2009 11:48 pm
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Hey, Bridget. Welcome to YWS! I'm in track, too. I run the four hundred meter run. Yeah, I'm sure you'll meet a lot of people who like Twilight. :) Here are some basic rules:

:arrow: There is a 2:1 ratio here on YWS. This means that for every peice of work you post, you must do two reviews. I've learned people are more likely to review your work if you review theirs.

:arrow: Rate your work. If something has the f-word, or graphic scenes, you must rate it 'R'. If your work isn't rated R, it will appear on the YWS home page.

:arrow: Limit chat-speak. Pls dnt tlk lik dis. It's pretty annoying. Try using proper spelling and grammar. Also, try not to use caps lock.

So, yeah. What genre do you like to read? What genre do you like to write? Have fun on YWS! :D
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

Reviews: 0
Tue May 12, 2009 12:07 am
BBC16 says...

Thanks for the welcome. :D

You run the 400 too? Thats my favorite race! :) I also run the 200, 4x4 relay, and do the triple jump.

Great, thanks, those rules sound pretty fair.

I don't really have a specific genre that i like to read, although i prefer books with a lighter tone, but i still find books like twilight or Harry Potter to be interesting. I pretty much just read whatever catches my eye. For the most part, I write comedies, although i have experimented with some other genres. How about yourself?
Got YWS?

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Tue May 12, 2009 12:18 am
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

I write mostly realistic fiction, drama, stuff like that. I did the 4x4 last year, but not this year. :) I like to read the same things I like to write. Though I did read Twilight and the first Harry Potter book.
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Wed May 13, 2009 6:53 am
Meep(: says...

Hey BBC16!
Welcome to YWS! *pops the champagne*

First, I must say thank you to colleen for laying down the important rules for you :)

Secondly:
Soccer & Piano are epic.
Twilight = Not epic. (It's a 'sensitive' issue on the site)

Anyhoo, if you've noticed that our usernames are all coloured, here are the meanings:
Grey - The anything but normal members! Just as important as the coloured usernames
Blue - Greeters. The name says it all XD
Purple - Instructors. They help you out with your writing and you can ask them for a review, nicely of course. Offering them a cookie might help
Light Green/Dark Green - Junior Moderators and Moderators respectively. They help keep the site running smoothly. If there are any problems that require attention, don't hesitate to ask them!
Red - The Administrators. We've got an awesome trio compromising of: Nate (All hail The Creator!), Firestarter and Meshugenah. They are awesomeness at its best.
Orange - Distinguished Members. The retired Mods and Admins ^^

~Leave me a PM if you wish, I'll be happy to help you out with anything or just to chat ;)
Have a nice day then! :D
Meep(:
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

*cries into coffee*
— LadyLizz