z

Young Writers Society

Hi i'm new

Reviews: 2
Sun May 10, 2009 7:08 am
View Likes
Mitsuki_R0L0S says...

hey people i'm new to this place so yeah. if any of you have a gaia look me up my username is ILuvR0L0S hope to start writing soon.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sun May 10, 2009 7:34 am
Linx says...

Hi there, and welcome to the site! :D I'm almost sure you'll love it here.

There are a couple of rules to go over really quick.

:arrow: 2:1 ~ Basically, you need to review two stories or poems before you can post anything of your own. That way, everyone can get a review! :D

:arrow: no chatspeak ~ This is a writiting site. We try to use as much proper grammar as possible. You can use an occasional POV or MC, but that's it. We also don't like caps here, because it hurts the eyes.

:arrow: Rate your stuff! ~ If you rate (G, PG, PG-13) your stories or poems, they will show up on the front page! Unless it's rated R (explicit scenes and extreme language) for obvious reasons.

But, wouldn't it be cool to see your own stuff on the front page? Where everyone can see it!

Well, that's enough about the rules. More about you! What genre do you like to write in. Do you have any favorite books? Any special hobbies?

We are like family here and we love doing special things. That's why you should click the link in my signature. It is a special project that we are working on. We are trying to get everyone in, so please join!

Do you see my purple name? That means I'm an instructor. So feel free to PM me or any of my fellow purple namers if you need any help on a story or poem.

I hope to see you around!

Welcome to YWS! :D

*Lin
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Sun May 10, 2009 9:25 am
Pippiedooda says...

Hello! :D YWS is a great site, I hope you like it here :)

Have you taken a look at the chat room? It's a good way of getting to know some of the other members on here, every one's really friendly! If you wanted to post more about yourself you can always talk about your interests in About the Author under community too or read about some other members :)

You may have noticed that some names are in different colours on here too, I'll quickly point out what that means to you:

Purple: as Lin said, this means the member is an instructor and so gives in depth reviews and helps out with peoples work were we can (As you can see I am one too :P )

Blues: are greeters, that means they welcome new embers and answer any questions they might have.

Light greens: are junior moderators and help the moderators in making sure that the forums are all working properly :)

Greens: are moderators who make sure the forums are working properly.

Reds: are administrators who keep the site running smoothly

Oranges: are distinguished members who are no longer active on the site.

Well how are you finding YWS so far? Do you write much or prefer looking at others work? Any favourite books? If you ever need anything feel free to PM me, hope to see you around! :D
"Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries"
-Monty Python and The Holy Grail

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Sun May 10, 2009 2:26 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hi Mitsuki! *waves at computer screen* How are you, dear?
I'm overly exited to be greeting again. Anyway, I'm Kat, nice to meet you, and welcome to YWS!
You'll have much fun, here :wink:

Now, the Instructors have explained our rules and our rainbow very well, but I have some things to mention to you too. First off, you must be confused because I'm a Greeter and they're Instructors but they were the ones Greeting you. That's because there was a war. The Instructors and Greeters traded jobs for a week. Just to make that clear to you.

I would like to tell you our star ranks!

Star Ranks
As you may notice, under each avatar of an user you see small stars. The stars work in count of your reviews. Like this:

For Yellow Stars:

5 Reviews = 1 Star

25 Reviews = 2 Stars

75 Reviews = 3 Stars

150 Reviews = 4 Stars

250 Reviews = 5 Stars

For Blue Stars:

350 Reviews = 1 Blue Star, 4 Yellow Stars

450 Reviews = 2 Blue Stars, 3 Yellow Stars

550 Reviews = 3 Blue Stars, 2 Yellow Stars

650 Reviews = 4 Blue Stars, 1 Yellow Star

750 Reviews = 5 Blue Stars

For Red Stars:

850 Reviews = 1 Red Star, 4 Blue Stars

950 Reviews = 2 Red Stars, 3 Blue Stars

1050 Reviews = 3 Red Stars, 2 Blue Stars

1150 Reviews = 4 Red Stars, 1 Blue Star

1250 Reviews = 5 Red Stars

Tell us more about yourself! Where are you from? What do you like to read, write and review?
Ice cream or chocolate? (My answer would be chocolate ice cream :P )

Feel free to PM me if you need anything!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Sun May 10, 2009 3:32 pm
peanutgallery007 says...

Hiya! It seems as though everyone covered everything... except for the groups! :D

OK, so, up at the top there is a button that says Groups. Click on it, and you will see a list of popular groups, groups with new messages, and a big list of groups under those. You have to scroll down to the list.

There are many groups, one for almost anything in writing you can think of. Lets see, I think the most popular ones are;

:arrow: Double-Trouble Writing-Huddle; you write stories with a partner. If you don't already have a partner, then there is a thread you can post in (called Name in a Hat... or Hat Drawing, but it has something to do with a hat ;) ) and they will pick a partner for you! :P

:arrow: Debate group; lots and lots of threads where you can post your honest opinion with good facts and reasons.

:arrow: Character Tea Party; you write as your character! There, there are many places for you (your character ;) ) to go! But! You have to introduce yourself first :P

:arrow: Grammar Freaks; anything and everything to do with grammar! For people who need to work on their grammar, and for people who love it and/ or are good at it anyway ;) (feel free to post a new topic; they aren't extremely popular and don't have a lot of threads, but they are open to new topics.)

:arrow: Animals& Environments; topics about saving the environment and animals... plenty of topics about each 8)

Well, that's all I can remember for now. But! Not just those groups are good; almost every single group YWS has is awe-SOME!

Nice to meet you and have a great day! :D

~April 8)
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

You can't fool me! I listen to public radio!
— Squidward Tentacles