z

Young Writers Society

Lo :)

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Sat May 09, 2009 11:16 pm
bookslug says...

Hi everyone :)

Yeah, well I obviously love writing. I'm a 15 year old girl, and er, yeah :)

I hope to see everyone around :)

AU REVOIR.

(Oh, and I use smileys toooo much)

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Sat May 09, 2009 11:30 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hi bookslug! I'm Kat, nice to meet you. Oh, how I miss greeting!

Anyway, here in YWS we have three major rules.

- Keep the 2:1 ratio. That means that for every post you make, you should do two reviews. Posts in the 'Groups', 'Community Forums', and such don't count. Also, a review has to be at least 250 characters long to count.
- Rate your work. If it contains rough language or adult themes, please rate it as R. rated works will appear on the Home page, expect the ones rated R. This is a family web site, after all.
- Chat speak is forbidden (although the traditional lol, MC, POV and such are allowed) and you won't be needing you caps lock. Keep capitalizing to a minimal.

And that's it! I still advise you to check out the rules. Click on the button at the top of the gape that says 'Help and Support' and select 'Rules and Guides'.
Also, don't be afraid to explore the site! We have many fun things. Don't be afraid to post your work, and don't take reviews too personally.
Fifteen? Wow! Your older than me. I wish I could be fifteen. Anyway, smileys! Who doesn't like smileys? :D :D

*Kat*
Feel free to PM me if you need anything! (click on the second button at the end of this post)
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat May 09, 2009 11:34 pm
Linx says...

Yes, they are addictive, aren't they? Here are some good ones :arrow: :pirate3: :smt118 :smt117 :smt026 :elephant: :thud: :smt032 :smt031

But, anyway, :backtotopic:

Hi, and welcome to YWS! This is the best place on the internet if you want to become a better writer and to write gooder. :wink:

We are like family here, and we love to talk. That's why you should check out our chatroom that you can see on the front page. Make sure you read the rules first! If you break the rules, the chat mods can mute you and even kick you out!

We also love doing special surprises, which is why you should click the link in my signature. We are trying to get as many people to do it as possible. :D it's for a good cause! Please do it!

So, why don't you tell us more about yourself? What do you like to write? Do you have a special genre that you like? Tell us! :D

By the way, do you see my purple shiny name? That means that I am an instructor. So if you ever need help on a story or you want a review, feel free to PM me or another instructor. We'll be glad to help!

I hope to see you around YWS! ^_^

*Lin
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Sat May 09, 2009 11:39 pm
Evi says...

Hey, bookslug, how are you doing today? It's awesome that you use smileys too much. 8) YWS is rather over-enthusiastic when it comes to emoticons, so you'll fit right in.

So, first of all, there's a 2:1 ratio when it comes to posting works. That means that before you can post your own writing, you have to review at least two other things that other members wrote. It's our way of balancing the economy, you know? ;)

Also! Start a blog! It's a wonderful way to introduce yourself, rant, talk about life, and get people's opinions on things. Also, comment on other people's blogs, and they just might comment on yours.

As for reviews, feel free to ask me (or any other member with a purple name) to help your with your critiques! We really don't bite, promise, and we're the Instructors; that means you can count on us for helpful and informative reviews on your stories.

Hope to see you around!

~Evi
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Sat May 09, 2009 11:49 pm
Squall says...

Hey ther Bookslug, and welcome to YWS. My name is Andy and I'm one of the people that you look for on YWS if you want an honest critique on your work. Trust me, some say that I'm harsh even lol.

When you first join YWS, it can be a strange place (believe me, that happened to me too). If you want to make yourself feel like home and make a feel friends, then the chat is the way to go. It's the best way to get to know one another more. Be patient though as you might get ignored at first because of the conversations which are going on. You should try your best to try to get involved in the conversations. If not, you can always PM me for a chat and I'll get you hooked up. This shouldn't be a problem as YWS is a very family orientated community. There are hugs and glomps happening every 20minutes so be sure to wear some strong safety equipment alright?

So why do you love writing and what do you normally write. My area of interest at the moment is fantasy, though I've been pretty slack lately because of school and assessments. The only thing that I can write at the moment is essays hahahaha.

Seriously, you should write a bit more about yourself so that people can relate to you more. Don't be shy now :D

Welcome to YWS!

Andy.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

Follow your passion, stay true to yourself, never follow someone else’s path unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path then by all means you should follow that.
— Ellen Degeneres