z

Young Writers Society

Hello I'm the newest pain that you will have to put up with.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat May 09, 2009 3:48 am
rustic_rebel says...

Hi, I will be the one thats bugging you to read my next story every five seconds.
I guess the normal thing would be to start off with my name. But who wants normal anyhow? I mean that's what writing is all about for me, escaping my average and dreary life, the one where I work six hours a day, then come home and do two hours of homeschooling. The world where my father, I shiver to even call him that, is a drunk and my mother holds our family together with my help because, unfortunately, I'm the eldest and my younger sister is a smart ass. But enough of the sob story I'm laying out for you, I have some good times to. Like how I live in the country, forty acres of pure western fun for this cowgirl. That's what I said, I'm a true blue, country-fried, cowgirl, I rope (even if I miss most of the time), own horses, ride'em to, raise chickens, build fence, pull calves, fish, and hunt. To top that off I work in a feed mill, grinding feed, mixing feed, selling feed, basically rolling around in feed. I can lift seventy pounds, no problem; I can get up with the sun for a good two hours of chores before work, and go to bed late after reading past an acceptable bed time. I love being outside, working is one of my favorite past times, I hate to be lazy, and I love to get dirty, seriously. Mud. Is. My. Best. Friend. But I'm not one of those she-mans that's seven feet tall and could squish you like a bug with my pinky, I'm really very little. My cousin's make fun of me because I'm like a mouse with a lions heart, really I'm only five foot two and way a little over a hundred and five pounds. And despite what you're probably thinking, I am not a redneck, hillbilly, or a hick, I'm more mannered than most of the kids I've ever met, and yes that means the city ones to. My favorite thing to do is read, I have read every book in our house numerous times, and trust me, we got plenty, and over half our county library, my family doesn't understand why I love books so much, and honestly if asked to explain I'm not sure I could tell you, I just know I'd die without them. Moving on, I don't mean to brag but I read faster than anyone I've ever met, have you ever seen the Eldest books, if not those things have like 600 pages, I read it in two days. Twilight? Finished all four in under a week and that's reading in-between my hectic schedule. I say these books because most people have read them, so don't go and label me one of those figgin twilight zombies who wait for an Edward around every corner, not that I would turn down an Edward. I'm not obsessed with these books but they are on my favorite's list. Another thing I like to do, is art, it lets me express myself, to get the emotions on the canvas is almost as good as capturing my imagination with my pitiful attempts at writing. Well I've told you about my life as much as I feel like it and I think my personality narrows down to this- Caring, tough, creative, a little bossy, optimistic, and whatever else I feel like being at any particular time. I'll be around, you see my many different mood swings given time.
By the way, I'm seventeen, my name is Keira, and I'm not normal.
Or sane...

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Sat May 09, 2009 5:32 am
peanutgallery007 says...

You sound so much like me.

I love the country too... though I can't live the life you are because we can't afford it. I really hope we get to be good friends because you sound like a really awesome person.

Also, your life sounds like it has a plot... almost like it is already a story. It's very intriguing... not that I'm saying you are a lab rat, heavens no.

OK, well, before I say anything else, here are the ground rules for YWS;

:arrow: No chat speak. You don't seem like you use it that much anyway though ;)

:arrow: Here, we have a 2:1 ratio. For every piece you submit, you must review two of other peoples pieces. It's not that hard after a bit, trust me :P

:arrow: Rate your pieces. If one of your writing pieces has strong language or adult situations, then rate it accordingly so. Also, if you rate it, it will show up on the front page of YWS! You might even get more reviews, not to mention it is sort of fun seeing your pieces appear there :D

Well, I hope I helped a bit! PM me if you every need anything; a review, an answered question, or just someone to talk to. You sound awesome, really, and I hope I see you around YWS often :D

~April
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat May 09, 2009 7:32 am
jok101 says...

Hi welcome to YWS. Were all writers here and reader but you know that's pointing out the obvius. Peanut did all the boring rules so I'll just tell you the coulours.

So the people with Blue names are all the greeter they mostly just hang around in this forum but they seem to pop up everywere. I want to be a greeter which is why I'm posting on this so much lately.

The orange people, well you don't have to worry about them their distuginged members. The use to be moderators or maybe administrators that either got to old for the site or just quit. I don't really know they never actually explain what they are we just know their important.

Purple people are instructers they work hard to review work and help people really the name say. Instructor.

The light green people and the darker green people are the guys that help the websitht work, the help organize post and search for inapropriote posts. Personly I've never understood the diferance between light green Junior moderators and dark green moderators. Their must be something the dark green has more control maybe.

Oh and last but not least the Red people they are the Administrators. The boss baisicly are fearless leader Nate is an Red. So are many others.

Anyway hop that helped if you want to remind your self of what the coulours are a scrol to the the bottom of amy of the main forums and at the bottom of the pages it says who is who.

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Sat May 09, 2009 8:47 am
Pippiedooda says...

Hi Keira! :D welcome to YWS, this is a great place for readers and writers and just to meet some amazing people :)

You sound like a really interesting person (and I mean interesting in a good way not a bad way lol). Writing or reading is a great way to escape from normality, so I completely get what you mean there. I love being able to create a whole new world where anything can happen :) Mud is something I love too :P Mud fights are one of the best things to do in life! Wow that is fast at reading, I'm reasonably quick but not as much so as that. I think you'll fit in great here!

In case you did want to get to know some of the other members on here better, there is a brilliant chat room that you can access from the homepage. Everyone is really friendly and welcoming so I'd advise checking it out ;) You can always post details about yourself in the About the Authors page under Community if you did want to write more about yourself and interests, although you have covered a bit here. You can always take a look at some of the other members likes/dislikes too :)

We have a brilliant knowledge base under resources if you want to improve or need help in a certain area of writing. It's really helpful and offers some great advice!

There is so much to do on here, writing tips, homework help, word games etc... most of it you can find out about by browsing around and getting to know the site. If you ever need anything feel free to PM me or just want to talk, I hope to see you around! :D
"Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries"
-Monty Python and The Holy Grail

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat May 09, 2009 6:50 pm
Linx says...

Hi Keira! Welcome to the family! :D I'm almost sure you're going to fit in with us.

:arrow: First off, I know a place where you can say whatever you want, whenever you want! All you have to do is click the Blogs button in the top header. There, you can make your own blog! You can also look at other people's blogs in the blog news.

:arrow: We also have contests here on YWS. Basically, you can submit a story/poem (depending on the contest) and if yours is good enough, you can win the prizes! The contests are great fun and sometimes gets rid of writers block.

So! You live in the country, darling? Oh, yeah. *gives cookie* Although I'm not as countrified as you are, I do live in the country. You can ask most people around here. :D

Books are amazing, are they not? Another other books on your favorites list? Maybe we could talk about the books sometimes, darling :D

:arrow: By the way, to you see my purple name? That means I'm an instructor. So if you ever need help on a story, feel free to PM me. I'm almost always available. :D

And I'm not that sane either, darling. Don't worry. :wink:

*Lin
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Sat May 09, 2009 9:03 pm
mimimac says...

Heey!
Wow, your welcome forum took a while to read, but it was worth it. :)
The country life you described sounds so cool. I don't think I could handle it, I'm a bit lazy... xD Where I live it's all about sunbathing and swimming. :P However I would love to try that sort of life style to see if I could get the knack of it. Haha and yes I'm the same as you when it comes to twilight. Read all four, watched the movie. Enjoyed it... but I don't go around writing 'Mrs Mia Cullen' (Mia -> My name :P) on my files and such. (Though I do think Jasper in the movie is smokin' ;))

I think all the rules have been pointed out... dang it. xD
Well, go join a usergroup! Just click on 'groups' at the top of the page and join one that takes your fancy. They're a great way to make new friends and join in discussion about your favourite subject/ debate/ join contests ect. Check out the 'completely evil plan' group. It's basically a prank cooked up by a member which involves a lot of writing ;).

Although we despise chat speak on this site (it's a writers site...obviously), we do allow certain term abreviations such as: ect, lol, brb, MC (main character), POV (point of view). But limit yourself to just these please. :)

PM me regarding any questions or if you need any reviews.
xxMiaxx
-mors aut honorabilis vita-

Forget the prince with a horse, I want a vampire with a volvo.

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Sun May 10, 2009 12:00 am
Evi says...

Awesome! You look like someone who would like to start a blog. I think you'd really enjoy it; you can rant all you want, and really supportive members go and comment. Start one! Just go up under the 'Blogs' tab and go to 'My Blog'. Also, comment in some other peoples!

So, how are you liking YWS so far? :P We're very friendly, aren't we. xD I think you should be able to find your way around pretty well after all these greets, wouldn't you say?

So, see how my name is in purple? That means I'm an Instructor. Be sure to PM me if you need any reviews on anything, or if you need help with your reviews! I (or any other member, especially the purps) would be overjoyed to help you.

Hope to see you around, and check out the chat room!

~Evi
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon May 11, 2009 4:31 pm
rustic_rebel says...

WOW! You guys are amazing, I didn't expect anyone to read this, much less all the replies I have gotten. Thanks so much! Anyway I am going to check out the blog idea, it has a draw. Check it out when I start on it. Got to go, thanks agian for the kind greetings I welcome it.

No one is perfect; not even your reflection.
— Chalkboard Words