z

Young Writers Society

Welcome

Reviews: 0
Thu May 07, 2009 11:13 pm
myturntobebrave says...

well....
hello there. i'm nita. like anita, without the a.
well. i'm supposed to be doing homework, but this much more interesting.
i guess you'd like to know about me.
i love musicals.
particularly:

spring awakening
chicago
wicked
RENT

and i'm a huge fan of indie rock music.
i've been writing since i was nine,
been published in teen ink.

that's it for now. but you'll be hearing from me.

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Thu May 07, 2009 11:51 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Hey there! Mind if I call you Brave perhaps? I'm The.Dreamwalker but people just call me dreamwalker or DW. It's a pleasure to meet you and welcome to YWS!

Some things you might find appealing to know are that there is a 2:1 ratio when it comes to reviewing work and posting up pieces of your own work. We like to keep it balanced by reviewing two pieces of work for every one post you put up. Its an easy way of making friends on here and the more you review the more people will review you :D.

Also we dont much care for msn lingo or in other words 'chat-speak'. This is a writing site so lets keep it grammatically correct. 'I likey writin 4 fun' is terribly annoying to read and or critic.

Also... the dreaded caps. We YWSer's tend to hate when people use full caps in anything. Try using italics or bolding or exclamation points. They do the job just fine :D.

Other then that, how bout somethings about you? Whats your favourite movie? Favourite kind of icecream perhaps? Or even your favourite colour :D. Let us get to know yah better.

From dreams to reality
~The.Dreamwalker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Fri May 08, 2009 1:13 am
peanutgallery007 says...

and i'm a huge fan of indie rock music.
i've been writing since i was nine,
been published in teen ink.

Wow! Congrats! You have also been writing for a while! Being published, or even considered to be published, is a great accomplishment! Great job!

Anyway, sorry I use exclamation points so much, hehe. I get excited with newbies.

So! Welcome to the YWS family :) Hope you enjoy it here, because I know I do! I want to see some of your pieces too; the one that was published would be awesome too.

See you around!

~April
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Fri May 08, 2009 4:31 am
Linx says...

Hi Nita, and welcome to YWS! We are like family here, so if you ever need any help, feel free to PM any of us. We always want to help. ^_^

Since we are like family, we love doing special surprises and projects. That's why you should click the link that is in my signature. We are trying to get as many in it as possbile, so please join!

Also! We have a knowledge basehere on YWS. There are articles about writing and about the site on there, so why don't you go check them out, darling? :wink:

Also, repeating April's excitement, you've been published! That's amazing! I haven't even been conisdered, so good job! :D I can't wait to see what you post here on the site! :D

You've seen Wicked! I'm so jealous. Was it really good?

Feel free to PM me at anytime for anything. Do you see how my name is purple? That's because I'm an instructor. So feel free to PM me for a review or help on a story. I'll be glad to help. :D

I hope you'll enjoy it here on YWS!

*Lin
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Fri May 08, 2009 5:51 pm
Blink says...

Hey Nita! Welcome to YWS.

You can call me one, or several, of a wealth of wonderful names: Blink, Blinky, Blinkster, or, possibly, Mark. :) You might be wondering what all the colours mean? Well, basically, I'm purple because I'm an instructor, so I'll be happy to help with anything you post, or if you want advice. All that stuff. Oh, and the red people are admins, of which there're three, with Nate being the ultimate master for creating YWS. =] Blues are Greeters (who the purples consistently war), the Green people are Mods, with the lighter ones being Junior Mods. I hope that wasn't too confusing. :D

If you ever have any problems with a member - which you probably won't, because we're all (me excluded) very nice people :wink: - just contact a moderator or admin, and they'll help you out. Oh, and you can also have a cool blog! Just hover over the link at the top there, and you set it up. If you want. It's best just to have a look around.

i'm supposed to be doing homework, but this much more interesting.

You have two choices:
1) Stay on YWS and become an addict, never doing homework again, or,
2) Leave and be sad. You don't want to do this. :D

Have fun! I really hope we help you along the writer-y road, and you make good friends. I'm sure you will. Let me know if I can help at all!

Best
Blinky
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Fri May 08, 2009 7:43 pm
jok101 says...

Hi welcome to YWS . The home of writers, good job on getting published most of us can only hope. I've seen wicked
too I really like it anyway I like most musicals so that doesn't count for much. Check out the storybook forum its fun but not for everyone. As for the groups theirs one for everybody. Enjoy YWS.

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Fri May 08, 2009 9:57 pm
Evi says...

Defying Gravity! ^^ There are so many people on this site who will share your interests.

So, I'll be brief, since you've already recieved so many wonderful introductions. But do you happen to love Idina Menzel? :P I noticed because of Wicked, Rent, and then your username.

First of all, make sure to check out the CHatroom! You can make tons of new friends that way. Also, it's a great way to introduce yourself and get to know some other amazing people on the site.

Also, the Blog! Go under 'Blogs' and click on 'My Blog', where you can start your own blog to enlighten us about the wonders/woes of your life. ;)

PM me if you ever need anything, whether it be a friend or help around the site!

~Evi
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Sat May 09, 2009 8:22 am
Pippiedooda says...

Hi Nita! :D I love Wicked! I loved how they twisted around the wizard of oz story, have you ever seen we will rock you? It's got loads of queens songs in it and has to be the best musical I have ever seen! :P

Quite a bit about YWS has been mentioned already but there is so much to do here that I thought I'd point out a few more. First of all the points system- you may have noticed that when you start here on YWS you have 300 points, and for every piece you post it will cost you 150 points (but you will get 50 points back so really it's just 100 :P).

You can gain points in a number of ways, for instance posting in writing tips or the welcome forum but the main one is reviewing other peoples work (for which you can gain a maximum of 50 points each time). This way it ensures that everyone gets a review, kind of fitting in with the 2:1 rule ;)

A good way of gaining some extra points and just having fun really is to check out the contests under community. There are always quite a few going on and lots of different prizes (such as extra reviews for the future and points) so it's a good idea to take a look!

I'm not sure if anyone has pointed out about the need to rate your work so sorry if you already know but I'll mention it again just in case ^^ basically you just kind of need to depending on the content of your story and if your work features any graphic scenes or the f word then please rate it R.

Anyway, I hope you are enjoying YWS so far! You've been writing since you were nine? That's really good! This place is brilliant for perfecting your writing skills ;) If you ever have any questions or just feel like talking feel free to PM me!
"Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries"
-Monty Python and The Holy Grail

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat May 09, 2009 9:30 pm
Meshugenah says...

Musicals! SA! You're officially awesome. Wicked and RENT are just bonuses ;)

Anyhoo, hi! Welcome to YWS! If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line!

Mesh
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sat May 09, 2009 11:03 pm
BigBadBear says...

DUDE. Another musical lover? You're automatically one of my best friends now! I'm excited to meet new Wicked fans, and RENT fans. I like the movie, but not the music so much. I didn't think it worked.

Anyway, welcome to YWS! My name is Jared, or BigBadBear, or BBB, or B^3 or any combination thereof. It's nice to meet you! Everyone has basically explained the rules, and I don't want to sound like a broken record player.

You wouldn't mind being my friend would you? I'll send an invitation your way, and then we can chat about musicals, because I live, breathe, and eat them.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

Reviews: 0
Sun May 10, 2009 1:20 am
myturntobebrave says...

Oh wow, you guys are so awesome! I feel welcome already.
And yes, I am an Idina fan. Huge Idina fan.
I also have a huge obession with Spring Awakening. :)
and now our bodies are the guilty ones...

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sun May 10, 2009 3:38 pm
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Hey, I absolutely love Wicked! We own RENT at my house but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet. I guess if you liked it I probably will too.

So, welcome to YWS! Have fun.

-Colleen :)
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

Lily you are my fig father
— Elliebanana