z

Young Writers Society

New Here

Reviews: 0
Thu May 07, 2009 8:08 pm
Gensonwrtr9 says...

Whats up Guys. I am kinda new. I'm just trying to learn the ropes. This is pretty confusing so whatever tips you could give me I would love. Later

Gensonwrtr9
So thus is how it ends-those closest to us cause us the most pain- Sloan

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu May 07, 2009 8:21 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Hey! Tiger here, but you can call me Nicole if you wish. If you're ever confused about anything just PM (private message) me and I'll help you right away. I guess we should start with a few rules.

1. We have a 2:1 ratio. Which means for every one post you make, we would like you to reveiw two works from someone else. (: This way everyone gets a review.

2. Pls dnt tlk lke dis. Or say something like, I lovvvveeeeeddd it!!!!!!!! We're all writer's here. Let's not go crazy. You can use brb or lol occasionally, but don't overuse it. (:

3. Rate your work. If it's got sexual content or foul language, I suggest you rate it R. When you do rate your work (as long as it's not R) it'll be featured on the front page of the site.

Well, that's all I have time to explain. Someone will come and say the rest. Please don't let the rules scare you off. This is just to make this a good site for everyone. Hope to see you around and posting. (:
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Thu May 07, 2009 8:42 pm
Pippiedooda says...

Hello Genson! :D Welcome to YWS, I hope you like it here, it's a brilliant site!

It can be a bit confusing, YWS is such a huge place :P I would advise reading through a few pieces of work and having a go at reviewing before posting anything, that also fits in with the rules Tiger mentioned :) What sort of genre do you generally write in? If you have a look at some of the other pieces posted in there and how people have reviewed them it may give you more of a feel as to what to do.

Everyone starts with 300 points and you can gain points in a number of ways, including reviewing (maximum of 50 points per review). It costs 100 points to post so you need to keep on top of your reviews to be able to post all that you want to ;) (along with keeping to the 2:1 ratio).

If you are feeling a bit overwhelmed, browse the site for a bit, there is a lot to do including writing games, homework help and contests- it's a great place to prevent boredom! :D If you ever need any help though, just PM me and I'll be happy to answer any questions. I hope you choose to stay here, YWS helps so much to improve everyone's writing and it's a good way of getting to know some amazing people :)
"Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries"
-Monty Python and The Holy Grail

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu May 07, 2009 10:02 pm
jok101 says...

Welcome to YWS theirs not really much else to say but you know join a few groups their always goods and the storybooks in those you baiscly get to write with other writers but you still get to make your own charectors and, well it explains it better on the forum. Plus don't worry about the forums that tell the rules I never read them and I know what I'm doing.

PM me if you need help *don't worry nobody actually dose it it's just to be nice*

~Jok

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Fri May 08, 2009 4:49 am
View Likes
Linx says...

Hi there, Genson! Welcome to YWS, the best place on the internet to learn how to write gooder. :wink:

Here on YWS, we have a Knowledge Base. There are articles about writing and about the site. Why don't you go check it out? :wink:

We are like a close community here, and we love doing surprises and special events. That's why you should check out the link in my signature. We are trying to get as many members as possible in this, so we would love you if you join!

Of course, we might love you anyway. :wink:

Do you see my purple name? That means I'm an instructor. The instructors are the best reviewers on the site. If you ever need any help on a story or poem, or you want a review, feel free to PM me or any other purple person. We love to help!

And, if you just wanna talk, I'm almost always available. Don't be afraid to PM anyone for help!

I hope to see you around the site! :D

*Lin
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
— Mark Twain