z

Young Writers Society

Reviews: 0
Thu May 07, 2009 1:23 am
Nikkiiee says...

Hi everyone, My name is Nicole but everyone calls me Nikkiiee ( I know, weird spelling, but I am an individual :)
I am 15 yo and I live in Perth, W.A, Australia. A few weeks ago I started writing my first book. At the moment, i have a brief idea of what is going to happen, but i am just going with the flow. I know that sometimes it can be a bad thing, not knowing what's going to happen, but i guess i write better when i know as much as my characters. I don't really know what else to write except that i love reading and i love to write.

Xx
Nikkiiee

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Thu May 07, 2009 1:29 am
peanutgallery007 says...

Hiya Nikkiiee! I'm April; nice to meet you!

OK, before we say anything else, I had better lay down the YWS ground rules;

:arrow: OK, first of all, no chat speak. As writers, we must write accordingly. Plus chat speak gets a little annoying... :P

:arrow: Next, rate your works. If it has strong language or adult situations, then rate it accordingly; plus it will show up on the front page! That's always a good thing, if you are looking for more recognition and reviews on it. 8)

:arrow: Here at YWS, we have a 2:1 ratio. That means that whenever you post one writing piece, you must review two other pieces. You'll get used to it after a while ;)

Well! Now that that is over with, here are some things that I would like to know;

What is your favorite genre to write?
What is your book about?
What is your favorite genre to read?
Are you planning to post your book-in-progress?
Do you write poetry?

Well, I guess that's enough bombarding you with questions for now ;) . PM me if you need anything; a review, a question answered, just someone to talk to, or anything else! :P

~April
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Thu May 07, 2009 10:42 am
Musicaloo7311 says...

Hi Nikkiiee! I'm Music. Nice to meet you!

I'm glad you've started writing! That's great. I'm sure, with YWS's help, it'll turn out wonderful!

So, did you notice that some of the people around here have colored names? That's because they have certain jobs around the site...

Blue names- Greeters. Their job is to make the new people feel welcome and help them get used to the site.

Purple names- Instructors. They're known for their good critiques on pieces, so ask them for writing help/advice or a review.

Light green names- Junior moderators. They help keep the forums in check.

Dark green names- Moderators. They keep the forums in check.

Red- Administrators. They keep the site running smoothly.

So, what's the genre of the book you're starting? Do you have any favorite authors? We'd love to know more about you. :)

Hope to see you around the forums!

Love,
Music
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Thu May 07, 2009 5:26 pm
Pippiedooda says...

Hello Nikkiiee! :D I hope you like it here, YWS is a brilliant site! I do that with my stories too, I'm currently writing one at the moment and I have a vague idea where I am going with it but just kind of sit and type and see what happens mostly :P What's your story about? If you are typing it in stages you can always post chapters on here, I would love to read some of it :)

Have you taken a look at the chat room? You can access it from the home page and it's a great way of getting to know some of the other members. Everyone is so friendly on YWS! If you ever need any reviews there is also the Will review for food forum underneath the lounge, it's where people post if they are offering reviews and you just have to post in their thread. You can always ask instructors too (purple names like me ;) )

I don't think anyone has explained about points yet so just in case you don't know I thought I'd say a bit about it- you start with 300 points and then you gain more points for posting reviews of peoples work (as long as the review is long enough it will be worth 50 points) and through helping people out in homework or writing tips or winning points in contests - there are always quite a few so I'd advise checking it out ;) there are more ways but I'll leave it up to you to find out! It costs 100 points to post a new piece of work and everyones points get reset every two weeks and people compete to achieve the highest amount (as shown on the home page) :)

How are you finding YWS so far? There is loads to do on here! I'll leave it up to some other people to mention more of the fantastic features ;) If you ever feel like talking feel free to PM me!
"Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries"
-Monty Python and The Holy Grail

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Fri May 08, 2009 4:57 am
Linx says...

Hi Nikkiiee! :D

If you ever need any help on writing, you can look at our Knowledge Base. There are articles about writing and about the site that you can check out. It's really helpful to me. :D

You can also make a blog on here! Do you see the Blog button on the top header? There, you can choose to look at others' blogs or you can make your own! Isn't that cool, darling?

You are writing a book right now? That's awesome! Do you mind sharing what it is about? Remember, if you ever need any help, feel free to PM any of the members with purple usernames. Like me! We are always willing to help out.

Here on the site, we are like family. Truly, it is amazing. We love doing special things to some of the family as well. That's why you should check out the link in my signature. We are trying to get as many people in it as possible; New and old members alike.

Welcome to YWS! I hope to see you around!

*Lin
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Sat May 09, 2009 10:57 pm
Conrad Rice says...

Hi Nikkiiee! I'm Conrad Rice, one of the Instructors here on YWS. We're the blokes with the purple names. If you have a problem with your writing, or have become confused by something on the website, don't hesitate to ask either me or one of the other Instructors for some help. We'll be happy to lend a hand. :)

You live in Australia? Awesome. Our member PenguinAttack is from Australia as well. You might see if you and her have anything else in common. :)

Once again, if you need any help, don't hesitate to ask one of the Instructors. We really hope you'll choose to stick around and become a permanent fixture at YWS. Good luck.

-Conrad Rice
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Sat May 09, 2009 11:54 pm
Evi says...

Hey, that's awesome. I've always wanted a cool name. Nikkiiee is super-fantastic, and of course we love individuals! Who wants a cookie-cutter person? ;)

So, you've already been attacked my our welcome brigade, but I'll just introduce myself. I'm Evi, I'm thirteen years old, and I'd be happy to critique anything you write! If you want, PM me when you've posted something and I'll give it a review to help you improve.

A novel, eh? Awesome. I'm more of a short-story girl, but that's mainly because I don't have the pateince for a whole book. xD Keep up with that, okay? That's awesome if you can continue that.

Also! There are some character usergroups under the 'groups' tab at the top of your screen- check them out? ^^ A lot of them are really helpful when it comes to developing tyour characters.

Hope to see you around!

~Evi
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

We wandered the halls of an infinite magic nursing home, led by a hippo nurse with a torch. Really, just an ordinary night for the Kanes.
— Rick Riordan, The Throne of Fire