z

Young Writers Society

Hello

Reviews: 0
Wed May 06, 2009 10:25 pm
Ginkgo says...

Hello! I'm Ginkgo, and it's a pleasure to meet you.

I'm not really "into" writing; I'd rather see what hidden gems you all have in store here.
I do, however, write a bit myself - I'm biased towards Science Fiction.

On a side-note, I guess I'll add that I love drawing, Lord of the Rings, and yoga. I read quite a bit of literature - my favorites being Edgar Allen Poe and the manga series Death Note.

I'm very interested in what this site has to offer.
Hope to see you all around!

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Wed May 06, 2009 11:22 pm
Linx says...

Hi Ginkgo and welcome to YWS! I'm almost positive that you will love it here. It gets quite addictive, darling. :wink:

We are like family here, too. We always want to help and always want to talk. We also love doing special project and surprises. That's why you should check out the link that's in my signature. We are trying to get as many people in as possible!

Quick look-up on the rules.

:arrow: 2:1 rule ~ Basically, you need to do two reviews before you post any of your stories or poems on the site. That way, everyone can get a review! :D

:arrow: No chatspeak ~ we dont tlk lyk dis. Instead, we all love proper grammar and such. We are writers!

:arrow: Rate your Stuff! ~ We always want to rate our stories and poems, because if we do, it will come up on the front page! Wouldn't that be awesome: seeing your story on the home page?
But if you rate it R (explicit scenes, extreme bad language), it won't come up on the home page for obvious reasons.

Also here on YWS, if you ever need any help, why don't you check out the Knowledge Base. There are a bunch of articles about everything to do with writing and about the site.

Now that's enough about the site. More about you!

Lord of the Rings! We have a lot of people who love that. ^_^ I've only read The Hobbit, but I want to read more. And I've always wanted to learn yoga.

Edgar Allen Poe <3 Amazing!

If you ever need any help around the site, help outside the site, want a review, or you just want to talk, feel free to PM me at any time. I'm almost always available, dear.

I hope to see you around! :D

*Lin
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Wed May 06, 2009 11:28 pm
Musicaloo7311 says...

Hi Gingko! I'm Music. Nice to see you've joined the family that is YWS! We're a tad insane, but you'll get used to us; promise. :D

So, did you notice Lin and I have colored names? I'll explain more about those....

Blue names- Greeters. Their job is to make the newbies feel welcome and help them around the site.

Purple names- Instructors. They are known for their good reviews, so bug them if you ever want your work looked at. Don't bug them too much, though. :D They love to help YWSers with their writing, so ask away.

Light green- Junior moderators. They help keep the forums in check.

Dark green- Moderators. They keep the forums in check. :)

Red- Administrators. There are three- the site's creator, Nate, Firestarter, and Meshugenah. They keep the site running smoothly.

Yoga! *cheers* I took a yoga class once. Now I only do it on my Wii Fit. Drawing, huh? We have a section where you can post your drawings, if you'd like. You should check it out.

Hope to see you around the forums!

Questions? PM me.

Love,
Music
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Thu May 07, 2009 1:30 am
Storm_Bringer says...

Hiya, welcome to YWS!!!!

:D I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

Hmm, some other cool YWS features is:

~The Blog
You can make your own blog, an online journal. It can be your own private blog or one just with friends or with everybody. It's great to make new friends and meet new people. Fo to the blog icon at the top and go to blog control panel. Then you can set it up. ^_^ It's pretty self explanatory but if you need help just give a PM. :)

~The Chat
We also have a chat so we writers can talk to each other. It is great if you have some free time and you are bored. It's also a good place to meet to new people. You can also private message your friends or send PMs from the chat.

~The Groups
Ahh, the usergroups. These are groups that you can join; each one for a special topic. There is one about Twilight, Harry Potter, Art, etc. You can even make one! It's really fun. Just go to the groups icon at the top of the page.

So, you don't like to write much, huh? I usually don't write very often but I have a story that I'm (very) slowly writing. ^^
Feel free to PM me if you need anything!
Welcome to YWS!
~Storm :D
"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
~~~
Need a review?
One Stormy Review Coming Right Up!

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Thu May 07, 2009 6:51 pm
Pippiedooda says...

Hello Ginkgo! That is a really fun name to say ;) It's a pleasure to meet you too! YWS is a great place, I hope you enjoy being a member here :D

There are some amazing pieces of work here from some very talented members so you have come to the right place if you are looking for a good read ^^ you can always post any drawings you do here too if you're not that into writing at the moment.

As the main rules have already been covered, I thought I'd point out the points system here in case you didn't already know. You start with 300 points and for every piece of work you post it costs 100 points, you can gain points in a number of ways, including reviewing other people work from which you can get a maximum of 50 points for (although if you are reviewing in the advanced critiques area then people may donate you more points as it takes a lot longer to read and review).

You can also achieve points from posting in different forums including homework help and writing tips :) If you did decide to write a piece you could check out the contests section where there are always some interesting competitions going on. That way you can earn some extra points and perhaps a few reviews or whatever other prizes are on offer ;)

On the homepage we have a leader board for points that gets reset every two weeks to allow new members a chance, you can also access the leader boards for reviews (under home) for the last day, week, or month to see who has the highest number. A combination of points and reviews may lead to getting picked as featured member of the month :)

If you ever want a review for anything then I'd be happy to! Feel free to PM me any time, I hope you like it here! :D
"Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries"
-Monty Python and The Holy Grail

Defeat has its lessons as well as victory.
— Pat Buchanan