z

Young Writers Society

Newbie intro

Reviews: 2
Wed May 06, 2009 9:59 pm
ShadowofTheDay says...

Hey everyone... I thought I would just introduce myself. Of course, I won't give any personal info, but here are some basics. I have been writing for five years and like writing fiction. I have several books in the working with two completed... I like making my own worlds so I'm not restricted by the current rules of society.... I will be adding a story within a few days, so keep your eyes peeled and give some constructive critisism!

Shadow, out!

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Wed May 06, 2009 11:21 pm
Musicaloo7311 says...

Hi Shadow! I'm Music. Nice to see you've joined YWS!

You might already know the "three basic rules", but, for review's sake, let's go over them again, shall we?

1. The 2:1 ratio. You have to review 2 pieces for every 1 piece you post. This ensures that everyone on YWS gets a review or two. ^^

2. No chatspeak. Please use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation, as this is a writing society. :)

3. Rate your work! If you rate it, everything but pieces with an R rating will be shown on the YWS front page! F-bomb and/or explicit scenes are automatic R ratings, m'dear.

So, you write fiction, huh? That's my preference, too. I look forward to reading your work soon!

Questions? Want a review? PM me. :D

Hope to see you around the forums!

Love,
Music
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Wed May 06, 2009 11:48 pm
Linx says...

Hi Shadow! Welcome to [s]the family[/s] YWS!

:D

Five years? Wow! :shock: I've only started taking writing serious for about a year now. That's amazing, having two projects done. Good job, darling! :D

Here on YWS, we also have a Knowledge Base. There are many articles about writing and about the site there. Why don't you check it out? :D

As I hinted before, YWS is like a family. We all want to help and talk. We also love doing special surprises. That's why you should click the link in my signature. We are trying to get as many members in this, so please join! :D

Feel free to PM me if you need any help about the site, help outside the site, want a review, or you just want to talk. :D I'm almost always available, darling.

I hope to see you around!

*Lin
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Wed May 06, 2009 11:59 pm
peanutgallery007 says...

:o your user name couldn't possibly have anything to do with a song by Linkin Park, could it? I will be very surprised if it does! I love that song!

But, if it doesn't, I love your name anyway. That's what it reminds me of :D

So! Newbie! Welcome to YWS, my (and a whole lot of other peoples') personal haven!

:o you have FINISHED two books? By yourself?! Awe-SOME, dude! Nice work! Why don't you post them on advanced critiques forum, and we would be happy to review them! I'm writing a book with a friend, and we come up with worlds too, so nor are we constricted to the boundaries of modern day society.

I hope to see you around YWS! PM me or anyone else if you need anything at all; a review, a question answered, or just someone to talk to!

~April
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Thu May 07, 2009 5:39 pm
Pippiedooda says...

Hello shadow :D love the name! That's so amazing that you have already completed two books, what are they about? I love making my own worlds too, the possibilities are endless!

Like peanut mentioned the advanced critique forum is a good place to post your story if it is over 10,000 words :) It will cost you 500 points but is a good way of getting great comments and views from other members here on your overall story. You start with 300 points so you would have to do four reviews (each being long enough so they are worth 50 points) to work yourself up to that amount, there are a number of other ways too though such as helping people out in homework or in writing tips :) Everyone's points get reset every two weeks but we compete during that time, as shown on the home page leader board.

Have you been in the chat room yet? It's loads of fun and a brilliant way of meeting some of the other members, you can always post more about yourself or read about others in the About the Authors section too ;) People are really friendly here.

Well I hope to see you around! There is so much to do on YWS, games for if you are feeling bored, people to talk to, ways to improve your writing, contests... the list goes on :D If you ever need anything feel free to PM me!
"Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries"
-Monty Python and The Holy Grail

I think I have thankfully avoided being quoted.
— Lavvie