Young Writers Society

And so it begins..

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue May 05, 2009 10:04 pm
AK47 says...

Another Forum, A new beginning!

I'm AK47 8)

What a difference an hour can make. An hour ago I was happy, content to join a forum and indulge in friendly conversation with people who I'd never met. However as the phone rang and my girlfriend decided in all her wisdom that she would let me go (so to speak), I've decided against my previous thought and instead of joining just for conversational purposes as I live a pretty secluded life, now I join not only to share my passion for writing but also to encourage those who want my support

I'm an A Level Student, which hopefully gives me a good understanding of the situation which many of us young people find themselves in. I'm quite popular, if you consider the fact I have 1,010 friends on facebook (70% of whom I barely know and a further 10% who added me based upon their "friend suggestions) but I don't consider myself to have many real friends. Noone really knows me, many claim to know me, but my life in school revolves around making other happy, playing rugby and getting drunk on the weekend. Thats not me

I enjoy writing, spending hours at a time on the computer as well as being part of a community forum. I also HATE school, the education system really annoys me and I can't wait for summer :D

:roll: now you think im strange, but what the hell :wink:

Please be my friend (sounds like something off the rugrats :) )

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Tue May 05, 2009 11:37 pm
deleted_5 says...

Hey AK47!! Welcome to YWS! :D We have a few rules here that need to be followed. (Or else we'll get ya! JK)

1)Please limit the chatspeak and CAPS. ITS VERY ANNOYING and ppl dont like 2 read it. But you can still say lol, brb, ftw, so on. :D
2)Please keep inappropriate language limited to the Literary forums. Remember that this is a family-friendly site.
3)We have a 2:1 ratio with posts in the Literary forums. You need to review two stories before you post your own. That way, people will want to read and review your works.
4)When you post a story, poem, or picture, please be sure to rate it. If you write a story with serious swear words, rate it R. Also, if you have very graphic scenes, rate it R.

So, now that you know the rules, I hope you have a great time on YWS! We loooove the newbies. :D

If you have any questions, you can PM (private message) me! I'd love to help.

Lucy
I hate television. I hate it as much as I hate peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. I also hate being on television, I hate it as much as people hate chocolate. But they always want chocolate.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Tue May 05, 2009 11:45 pm
Musicaloo7311 says...

Hello AK47! Sorry to hear about your recent breakup. I'm Music. Nice to meet you and see that you've joined YWS! It's a great place; it's helped improve my writing a lot, and I'm sure it'll help you too!

Since you're new, I bet you haven't met a lot of people yet! *dons deep, car ad voice* Well, here's the thing for you! Join a Usergroup today! We've got your... Debate groups, Harry Potter groups, songwriters groups, etc.

One really awesome group you should join is called The Completely Evil Plan. It involves scheming and lots of writing, so join! :D

So, do you have any other hobbies YWS should know about? Favorite authors, books, poems? What genre do you like to write?

Hope to see you around the forums!

Love,
Music
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Tue May 05, 2009 11:48 pm
Linx says...

Hi there, and welcome to YWS! We are almost like a family here, so if you ever want to talk, feel free to talk! We always want to help.

Also, if you need any help around the site, there are certain people that can help. As you may have noticed, some members' usernames have colors. Each color has a certain meaning, so let's go over them real quick.

:arrow: Reds - These are the admins around the site. We have the two junior admins, Firestarter and Meshugenah. Nate is the all around owner and admin on the site. He was the one who started the site almost four and a half years ago.

:arrow: Dark greens - These are the moderators of the site. They can do a bunch of stuff for you, so if you ever need any help, PM them at any time. They are sure to help. :wink:

:arrow: Light greens - These are the junior moderators of the site. They are like the mods, but they each have their own forum. So if you ever need help in a certain forum, you can PM one of the JMods who watch over that forum.

:arrow: Purple - These are the instructors of the site. They are the best reviewers of the site and are always there to help. I am an instructor. Feel free to PM an instructor if you ever want a review or help on something.

:arrow: Blue - These are the greeteres of the site. And guess what they do?? :wink: They greet the new members! They are usually doing what I am doing right now, but we are in the middle of a special event right now, so you are probably going to see more instructors here than greeters.

:arrow: Orange - These are the distinguished members of the site, or also known as the old moderators. They were once dark green and living happily, but something happened and they had to quit their moderating job.

All the rest of the people are regular members, who are just as awesome. :D :D

So, why don't you tell us a little more about yourself, darling? What type of things to you like to write? Anything else intersting that we would like to know?

I hope you'll enjoy here on YWS, dear! :D

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, comments, need help around the site, or you just want to talk. I'm almost always available!

*Lin
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Wed May 06, 2009 7:25 pm
Pippiedooda says...

Hello AK47, You've come to the right place! YWS is brilliant for getting to know people and improving writing skills, it's really helped me and I hope you enjoy it here :)

I think the main rules have been covered but I'll say a bit about the point system as I don't think anyone else has yet :P You start with 300 points and gain 50 for every review you post (as long as it's long enough), you can also gain points in a number of other ways including things like helping people out in homework and writing tips. It costs 100 points to post a new piece of work (so it kind of makes sense of the 2:1 rule of posting and reviewing :))

There also usually some really cool contests going on if you ever want to enter! You can gain extra points from them and win detailed reviews for the future so it's a good idea to check it out ;)

The chat room is brilliant here, there are some really nice people on YWS and the most random conversations come up :P You can also post more about yourself in About the Author if you want to give more information on your interests and stuff or just if you want to get to know some of the other members.

I can't wait for summer either! Although the weather is very unpredictable where I am, one minute it's really hot the next it is raining horribly :roll: I know what you mean about face book as well, half the people on there I have never spoken two words to in person but they added me all the same lol

Oh and don't worry about being strange! Pretty much everyone is here ;) What type of stories do you like to write? Have you got one long piece going or just bits every now and then? If you ever need anything or just want to talk feel free to PM me :)
"Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries"
-Monty Python and The Holy Grail

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Wed May 06, 2009 8:45 pm
Evi says...

Lovely. You actually capitalized everything, wrote in complete sentences, didn't use chatspeak, and told us more about you than just that you came here to write gooder. I like you already.

So, as you've probably gathered, this is the fantastic world that is YWS!

If you feel your social life is struggling, be sure to drop in on the YWS Chat-room, which can be found on our home page towards the bottom-left of your screen. It's a great way to introduce yourself to the community and make some new friends.

So, I know that you can't wait for summer and that your girlfriend dumped you (sorry 'bout that, by the way) but what do you like to write? Make sure to follow that 2:1 ratio rule before you post, though; that's out YWS Commandment. We have many different forums for different types of writing, so check them all out before you post in order to be sure you're posting in the right one.

I'm afraid you're going to need a nickname soon, because YWSers really don't settle for numbers and letters. So sorry. I'm sure others will call you different things, but I think I like Ack. AK. Ack. *nods*

So, Ack, I hope you find yourself at home here, and make sure to PM me if you need anything!

~Evi
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Fri May 08, 2009 7:53 pm
jok101 says...

hi welcome to YWS I help telling people the rules because I hate rules. Luckly everybody else has already told you all the rules so I can't do much but say Hi and try to think of something smart to say. Nothing yet. AK47 your name makes me feel like I shouldn't get on you bad side. *yes something smart,well not really*. Anyway welcome to YWS*again* nothing else to say so bye.

*Jok

"If fortis was here, we could have a teal party"
— Pompadour