so... hi :D

xxEllyxx

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Tue May 05, 2009 3:45 pm
mimimac says...

Hey Elly!
Long time no see? :P
Mwahahaa! Welcome to the large, wierd and happy family we call YWS! :)
So since I know you've already read the three main rules *psychic-ness* . Here are the colours of people's names on yws:

Blue names: Greeters. These greet newbies (like you :P), and explain the rules and such.
Purple names: Instructors (like moi). We review and help people out with their writing. :D
Light green names: Junior moderators. They help out with minor problems and basically look after a small area on the site.
Dark green names: Moderators. They help out with major problems, organise competitions ect.
Red names: The mighty admins! They basically run the site and make sure everything is working perfectly.
Orange names: Distinguished members. They are usually retired moderators, people who have contributed to the site but are not as active as they once were.

So go out there and have fun? xD

On a side note:
*clears throat*
Mini bugs, mini bugs, mini bugs! Oqghodu ftit bilqeghda u taqilbux! (No, this isnt rubbish it's maltese for all yws members ;))
Oh and...
Beware my feet mwaha! :P

xxMiaxx :P
-mors aut honorabilis vita-

Forget the prince with a horse, I want a vampire with a volvo.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Tue May 05, 2009 4:43 pm
Musicaloo7311 says...

Hi Elly! I'm Music. You're Mimi's cousin? She's one of my best friends here. Glad to see you've joined! :D

Okay, a few simple guidelines...

1. No chatspeak! Dnt tlk lyk dis. Spell correctly, punctuate, capitalize when needed, and use proper grammar! Abbreviations such as lol, brb, and gtg are okay once in a while, but don't overdo it. XD

2. Rate your work! When you post something, give it a rating. F-bomb or graphic sexual scenes are an automatic R rating, all right? :)

3. YWS uses a 2:1 ratio. What this means is that you'll need to review two pieces for every one piece of your own that you post. To put it short, 2 reviews per 1 post. Got it? :wink:

So, do you have any hobbies? Favorite books? I love romantic fiction, too!

I'd love to talk sometime!

Questions? PM me.

Love,
Music
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Tue May 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Juniper says...

Elllyyy! Hi! Welcome to YWS!

I'm springrain, or most commonly known as June or Juniper. Grain works as well, but you can call me Spring or Rain. But, I like June most. =P

You have a pretty sweet cousin! She's such a nice person! You're lucky to have her as a cousin. :D

Ooers, you write Romantic fiction? That's really cool! I don't read it as much as I used to, but if you post some stuff, I will totally review it for you. :) (Basically, I am telling you to go post :P)

Your avatar is cute! I used to be obsessed with Tinkerbell when I was little (about 4?). Peter Pan was one of my favorite tales ever. [/rant]

So! If you need any help getting around YWS, or just want to attack me with messages and stuff, you're welcome to PM me or write in my guestbook. :) (And, also, check out the blogs, and if you want, start one so that we can see what you want to write and rant about!)

Welcome to YWS! =D

Juniper ;)
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Tue May 05, 2009 5:51 pm
Pippiedooda says...

Hello Elly :D Mimz rocks! 8) Although I'm sure you already know that :P Welcome to YWS! It's a great place to be, I hope you enjoy it here.

Have you taken a look at the chat room on here yet? It's really cool! You can access it from the homepage and it's a brilliant way of getting to know some of the other members. You can also post more about your interests under the About the Authors section in Community or find out about some other people who have already posted there :)

If you ever find you need to improve in a certain area of writing I'd check out the Knowledge base under resources too, it's really helpful :P Of course you can always ask any of us too though and we'd be happy to help :) fell free to PM me if you need anything!

I love romantic fiction, I look forward to reading some of your work ;) are there any books you have read that you found inspired you at all in that area? I think your avatar is great by the way!
"Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries"
-Monty Python and The Holy Grail

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Tue May 05, 2009 8:18 pm
Evi says...

Omg! Elly! *hugs* Mimimac is your cousin?!? That's so awesome. ^^ I'll go ahead and elaborate a bit more about the site, just in case she hasn't [s]warned you about our craziness[/s] told you everything.

So, those funky point system thingie-magigs. See how we all have those points under our avatars? Yep. That's our point count. You earn points by reviewing (I see you've already done a review? Awesome!) and posting in forums such as writing health, usergroups, and other such awesomeness. You automatically have some points right now, and we spend points on every piece of wrting we post on the site. Got it?

So, Romantic! We have a Romantic Fiction section here, so check it out and submit your work! We'd love to read (and critique) it. What are some of your favorite Romantic books? Are you into the classics, or more of a Twilight kind of girl?

Remember to look at The Rules, because you'll be sucked into a black whole of doom if you don't follow them. xD Just kidding. We don't bite, really. The Rules just keep everything working properly (kind of like the admins and mods?)

Hope to see you around, love! ^^

~Evi
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat May 09, 2009 8:51 pm
Linx says...

Hi Elly! Welcome to the family! :D

If you ever need any help about the site or about writing, you can look in our Knowledge Base. There are a lot of helpful articles there you can check out.

Romantic fiction! I love reading romantic fiction, as long as it's not too graphic or anything. What type of romantic fiction do you like to write or read? High school romances? Jane Austen books?

Also, we are really friendly here. YWS can seem really big and confusing, so don't be shy about asking for help. Also, if you ever need help on a story, feel free to PM me. I'm an instructor and I'm almost always available.

I hope to see you around!

Welcome to YWS! :D

*Lin
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

Pigeon poop is the best way to solve problems.
— Pompadour