z

Young Writers Society

Hello!

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Tue May 05, 2009 6:02 am
Black Wind says...

Hello!
I live in city, which is named Yekaterinburg. I like writing. I write songs and novels. The first ''novel'' I wrote, had name ''Silver corn'' (''Silver corn'' was written when I was 10 years old).Now I write new novel.
I also like horse-riding and playing guitar. :)
It will be interesting to talk with other writers :)

Antonina.

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Tue May 05, 2009 6:42 am
Pippiedooda says...

Hello Black Wind! :D welcome to YWS, I hope you come to love it here as much as I do :) I think you're user-name's great by the way!

Well looks like I'm first so I'll point out to you the three basic rules here:

:arrow: There is a 2:1 rule here, so basically for every piece of work you post you should have to have completed two reviews :) That way it ensures that everyone gets their work reviewed.

:arrow: No chat speak and try to use proper grammar, people also don't really like it if you talk in caps a lot. This is a writing website so it kind of makes sense :P

:arrow: Rate your work, so if you use the f word or your writing is a bit graphic then please rate it R so people know before they read ^^

I'll leave some of the other features of YWS up to the others, there is so much to do here! Are you thinking of publishing Silver corn on here? There is a section under writing called Advanced Critiques for if your story is over 10,000 words long, it does cost 500 points (whereas usually it is only 100 points) :) I'd advise it though once you have gotten used to YWS and if you want some good advice on your story as a whole.

There is a great chat room that you can access from the homepage if you ever feel like talking to some of the other members! If you ever need anything feel free to PM me :D
"Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries"
-Monty Python and The Holy Grail

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Tue May 05, 2009 3:55 pm
MeadowLark says...

Heya there Black Wind! Welcome to YWS :)

I daresay, awesome username ;)

Pippie went over the three main rules above me so I'm going to explain something else. You've probably noticed that some names are in different colours. Well let me tell you what those colours mean:

Black: These are the members who don't have a job. They just get to sit back and relax.

Blue: The Greeters. Their job is to make all the new membors feel more welcome and explain the rules to you.

Purple: The Intructors. They write the more in depth reviews.

The Two Greens: Juniour Mods are light and Mods are the dark. They look after the forums, making sure everything is in the right place and everyone is following the rules.

Red: Site Adminstrators. They make sure everything is running as smoothly as possible. Of course there is only three, the ever respectful, Nate, Firestarter (better known as Jack) and Meshugenah.

Orange: Distinguished members (retired mods).

You like horse riding too? Awesome. Horses are great aren't they. How often do you ride?

Can't wait to read some of your work! If you have any questions send me a PM!

Happy Writing!

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Tue May 05, 2009 4:36 pm
mimimac says...

Hey I'm Mia. :)

I think all the rules have been explained really. -.- Well here are some few pointers to help you out. :)

Although chat speak is NOT allowed, certain term abbreviations such as: lol, ect, brb, MC (main character) and POV (point of view) are allowed. However please limit yourself to just those few. :P

We have an awesome chat room! Go on the main page and scroll down, it's to the left hand side. Before you go in, please take the time to read some chat rules here:
topic19229.html

I would suggest joining a user group! Go on 'groups' at the top of the page and join one you like. They are a great way to get to know people. engage in discussion about your favourite topic, have a heated debate and have fun. :) Check out the 'completely evil plan' group! It's basically a prank cooked up by a member that involves a lot of writing!

Ooh You like horse riding! I used to go all the time when I was younger. Was about to start learning to jump over fences to enter competitions and such but for some reason I stopped. :( I would love to start again though! Do you ride professionally or as a hobby?

PM me if you need any help or any reviews at all!
xxMiaxx
-mors aut honorabilis vita-

Forget the prince with a horse, I want a vampire with a volvo.

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Tue May 05, 2009 8:26 pm
Evi says...

Awesome! Russia, eh? YWS is so diverse when it comes to culture, you'll be sure to meet people from all over the world. I, myself, am from Arkansas, which is in the Southern United States.

Novels are super epic, you know? I think I finished my first when I was nine or ten, too, although it was shamefully horrible. :oops: I mean, really, really, really bad. I'm sure yours was better. :wink: It'll be great for you to post some of your newer work! The YWSers are awesome at giving constructive advice and showing you how to improve your writing, grammar, punctuation, characters, and all that other good stuff.

Make sure to follow the 2:1 ratio, which means you should do at least two critiques on other people's work before posting your own writing. That is the major law of YWs, so don't forget! Reviewing is so fun anyway, it's easy to remember after you get the hang of it. Who doesn't love to be helpful? :lol:

Horsies! :P Guitar! I've always wanted to play the guitar, but I already play piano, and I think if I tried both I'd tire my fingers out too much. xD Although, there are some amazing members on here who can do everything. If you want to meet some of them, go into the Chatroom and introduce yourself!

PM me if you need anything, darling!

~Evi
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

16 Reviews

Wed May 06, 2009 1:47 pm
Black Wind says...

I want to say ''Thank you'' to you all :) . MeadowLark, I ride horses every week :) Mia, I began to ride as a hobby, but may be I will ride professionally.
Now I will go to review works of writers of YWS. :)

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Wed May 06, 2009 8:32 pm
Musicaloo7311 says...

Hi Black Wind! I'm glad you've joined YWS! Your horseback-riding sounds cool! Guitar is awesome, too. ^^

I'm Music, by the way.

I just thought I'd stop by and let you know about YWS's point system. See, in order to post a piece of your work, you need to get 150 points. How do I do that, you ask? Reviewing, of course! :D As Pippie noted, posting in a special section, Advanced Critiques, takes 500 points. We also compete to see who'll end up with the most points, so get to reviewing, m'dear!

Hope to see you around the forums! If you ever want to talk, have a question, or want a review, feel free to PM me.

Love,
Music
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

16 Reviews

Thu May 07, 2009 2:02 pm
Black Wind says...

Musicaloo, thank you very much!
I wrote two reviews. I haven't read many works yet. But there are many talanted people, I think. :)

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat May 09, 2009 1:20 am
corey_hillis says...

Well hi! i am a new person to the site too. Just a heads up, if you dont like nice people don't come here. Everyone here is so nice and welcoming. I can't really give you any adive so I guess this was just a hello. Hope you love the site as much as I do. :)

I feel like if I was the mafia I’d leave a voicemail.
— Tuckster