z

Young Writers Society

In Which LibraLoo Introduces Herself

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon May 04, 2009 10:48 pm
LibraLoo says...

I'm so awkward at these things!!

My name's Cassie, and I live in New York. I'm a freshman in a high school where no one likes freshman. I'll be a sophmore next year though, so I'll be in the clear.

I'm a nerdfighter who enjoys reading, writing and staying indoors from the Sun. Music is another I like. My favorite bands are The Cure, Jimmy Eat World, Bowling for Soup, Matchbox Twenty, etc.

Oh! I also tend to overuse the word etc.

My favorite books are Harry Potter and anything written by Sarah Dessen.

See ya around :D

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon May 04, 2009 11:03 pm
Linx says...

Hi Cassie, and welcome to YWS! This is the best writing website on the internet! :D

But like everyone awesome website, we have a couple rules. :wink: Let's go over those real quick, shall we darling?

:arrow: 2:1 rule ~ This might be one of the most repeated rules here on the site. Basically, you need to review two other poems and stories on the site before you post anything of your own. That way, everyone can get a review!

:arrow: No chatspeak and proper Grammar ~ This is a writing website. We prefer to use proper grammar at all times, which means no chatspeak. nuttin lyk dis kay?
We also don't like using caps on here, too. SOO DON'T TALK LIKE THIS EITHER. It's okay if you accidently hit the caps lock, but try to watch out, darling. :wink:

:arrow: Rate your stories and poems! ~ If you rate your posts, they will appear on the front page, unless it's rated R, which is for obvious reasons. Anything with explicit scenes or extreme bad language needs to be rated R. But if it's G, PG, or PG-13, it will show up on the homepage!

So, enough about the old stuffy rules. More about you! :) What type of things to you like to write? Do you like photography? How long have you been writing?

YWS is also like a family almost, and we love doing surprises and gifts. That's why you should click the link that is in my signature. It's a special project that we are all doing and we trying to get as many people in it as possible. :D

If you ever need anything reviewed, need help around the site or outside the site, or you just want to talk, feel free to PM me at any time, darling. I am almost always available. :D

I hope I'll see you around, dear!

*Lin
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Mon May 04, 2009 11:03 pm
Jon says...

Hi, Libraloo! We met in the chat, remember?

Anyway! New York, huh? Cool! I want to go there this summer!

Welcome to YWS, you'll find it to be very addicting. Plus, It'll improve your writing. What do you like to write?

Anyway, you've probably seen members with colors on their names. I'll describe them to you.

Red: These are the Admins, they run the site. Nate is the head Admin. (He founded YWS) The other Admins are Junior Admins, Meshuganah and Firestarter.

Dark Green: Are the Moderators of YWS. They can lock anything you want them to. Basically, you can go to them for the technical stuff on the site you need help with. (They always are willing to help and only bite sometimes.) Kidding, they don't bite.

Light Green: Junior Mods. They can do what the Mods do, but in specific forums. (They also help. Ask them questions, too!)

Purple: Instuctors. I'm an Instructor. *Points to Purple name* Anyway! We are the critiquers of the site. You can ask one of us if you need something of yours to be reviewed. (We are not the only critiquers, so, you could ask anyone!)

Blue: Greeters. They usually do what I'm doing now. Greeting you! However, YWS is in the middle of a *War* called "Purps vs Blues" In which they instruct, and we greet!

Yellow: They are the distinguished members who no longer come on. (They do, sometimes though. They are the Mods who have honorably resigned and left the site.)

Anyway, let that marinate and Welcome to YWS!

You'll love it here. Plus, you'll always have a friend in me. You can PM me anytime!

A PM is a private message. You'll find the PM button at the bottom of my post.

Once again, Welcome to YWS!

---Jon---
:D
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Mon May 04, 2009 11:30 pm
anti-pop says...

Hi, Cassie! Welcome to YWS!
I'm Pop, and it's very nice to meet you. ^_^

I'm a freshman too (we are definitely the underdogs of high school society), so I know how ya feel. XD
And I absolutely love The Cure and Matchbox Twenty, so you get cookies for that.

So, you'll notice that this site has a lot of awesome features.

First, there's the Chat room, which is awesome. There are always other members there, so you can socialize whenever you'd like. It's a great way to make friends fast (regardless, you'll certainly make friends here)!

At the top of the screen, there's a black bar; it's your handy-dandy directory. Lots of great stuff there, including the "Blog" option, which I personally love to death.
You can create your very own YWS Internet Rage Outlet (personal blog), and you can check out and comment on other user's blogs by clicking "Blog News". There's also the YWS Official Blog, which has lots of blogilicious updates and articles.

So you like Harry Potter? Awesome. ^_^
What are your thoughts on the seventh book? I myself was a little disappointed, but to each his own. XD

Anyways, it's fantastic to have you here! Feel free to PM me with questions, comments, concerns, or emotional outbursts. ^_^

Pop
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Mon May 04, 2009 11:43 pm
Conrad Rice says...

Hi Cassie! I'm Conrad Rice, one of the Instructors here on YWS. We're the people with the purple names. If you ever have a problem with your writing, or with anything on the site in general, feel free to look to one of us for help. We're always happy to give you a hand.

Freshman year is always tough. I don't think anyone likes to be one. :P

If you like music and writing, you may consider checking out the contest forum. One of our members, Caligula's Launderette, is putting on a contest for stories inspired by songs. That just might be to your liking.

Once again, if you've got any problems at all, feel free to bug one of the purple names until you get results. :)
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Tue May 05, 2009 12:28 am
Musicaloo7311 says...

Hi Cassie! I'm Music. Nice to meet you! ^^

So, a freshman in high school, huh? I'll be a freshman next year!

Want to know a fast and easy way to meet people with the same interests as you on YWS? (Hah, I sound like an infomercial!) Anywhoodle, go to the Usergroups. They're basically little clubs for you to join if you're interested. We have groups for all kinds of things... Narnia, Twilight (and Twilight haters), Teens, etc. <---Used your favorite word!

One amazing group you should definitely check out is The Completely Evil Plan. Okay, it's not really that evil- or is it?- and it involves writing, so join! :D

Your music taste is pretty awesome. Sounds close to what I like. We should discuss our tastes sometime, maybe. XD

Hope to see you around the forums!

Questions? PM me.

Love,
Music
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Tue May 05, 2009 5:38 pm
Pippiedooda says...

Hello Cassie! :D how are you finding YWS so far? I think everyone has pretty much covered the rules but there are a couple of more things for me to mention ^^

The points system here is that you start off with 300 points and for each review you do you gain 50 (if it's long enough). It costs 100 points to post a new piece, so it kind of fits in with the 2:1 ratio that Lin explained :) You can also gain points in a number of other ways, such as helping out people in homework or in writing tips. A good way of earning some extra points is in the Contests section where there are always a range of different competitions going on so you're bound to find one you are interested in! The prizes often include in depth critiques owed to you too ;)

People compete for how many points they have as you can see on the leader board on the homepage, it gets reset every two weeks. There is also a leader board for the number of reviews you do which resets at the end of the month.

Oh and another thing, if you ever are having trouble with a particular area of your writing or just want to improve check out the knowledge base under resources, it has some great information on all aspects of writing! :)

Harry Potter is brilliant! What did you think of the films? The books are far better in my opinion :P I'm with you on the avoiding sun thing too- I never tan, it's either getting burnt to a crisp or remaining completely pale ^^

Like a couple of others have mentioned, there is a great chat room here that you can access from the homepage so if you ever feel like getting to know some members on here a bit better it's a good place to go. You can also post more about your interests or read about others in the About the Authors section in Community :P If you need anything feel free to PM me!
"Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries"
-Monty Python and The Holy Grail

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Tue May 05, 2009 8:51 pm
Evi says...

8) Hey Cassie. I love your name. *steals* My lifelong dream was to be named Cassie, but yeah. that didn't happen. xD

Hope to see you around! Make sure to follow the 2:1 ratio (review before you post, and review two things for everything you post!) and you should be a-okay. Also, remember, no chatspeak. Even in the Chat, yes. :P You'll get used to it eventually.

So, see those points under our avatars? You earn points by reviewing, and you spend some (100 exactly) with everything you post. So get critiquing! :lol: Then you can post your own stuff.

So, freshman. Ooh, painful. I have another year until that (I'm finishing 7th grade this year) but I've heard being at the bottom of the food chain is never fun. Don't worry, though; I'm sure it'll all work out soon.

So! The word etc. is awesomesauce. ^^ YWSers overuse a lot of words, you'll botice. Such as 'epic'. And 'awesomesauce', funnily enough. xD You'll see, I promise.

So, PM me if you need anything!

~Evi
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Wed May 06, 2009 1:34 pm
mimimac says...

Hallo! :) I'm Mia and welcome to YWS. :D

You live in New York! Luckyy! I so want to go there one day, it seems so cool (and gigantic xD). Ah, freshman problem? We don't have freshman, sophomore ect. And just because you're in the youngest grade it doesn't necessarily mean you're going to be picked on, depends on you yourself really. Well, good luck and I'm sure that will get better next year. :)

Back to Yws!

We have an awesome chat room here:
http://host7110.123flashchat.com/youngwriterssociety/
However, you'll have to check out the chat room rules here before you go in:
topic19229.html

Go and join a usergroup that takes your fancy! Go on 'groups' and the top of the page and scroll through all the different ones we have here. They're a great way to make new friends and join in discussion or a heated debate! (Check out 'the completely evil plan' group, it's basically a prank made by a member which involves a lot of writing. :))

PM me if you have any questions or need any reviews!
xxMiaxx
-mors aut honorabilis vita-

Forget the prince with a horse, I want a vampire with a volvo.

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."
— Fredrich Nietzche (Philosopher)