z

Young Writers Society

Hey Everyone :)

Reviews: 0
Mon May 04, 2009 12:42 pm
sophie_emma says...

Hey :)
I'm new on here, so I thought i'd introduce myself a bit. and get to know some people on here.
I'm Sophie, I'm 16 years old, i'm from the UK and I love to write.
I like to think I'm quite good at it, as everyone who reads my stories says they're really good. But i'd like outside opinions as my friends are probably biased :)
I hope to meet some new people on here, because I love getting to know new people.
Talk soon!
S x
Lonely nights and endless fights and sleeping on the floor. And he's sorry, so the story goes...

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon May 04, 2009 2:01 pm
Krupp says...

Welcome to the club. Have a good one while you're at it.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon May 04, 2009 2:04 pm
Schemilix says...

Pleased to meet you. What part of the UK? I'm from the gorgeous Dorset of South England, and I spell just about everythung wuth u u. >_>

Sodding Americans.
'We must break from this cycle! We must free ourselves from this captured legacy! And for that, we must embrace our end! In death lies freedom! - Evadrael
Ber Tataimel!

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Mon May 04, 2009 2:17 pm
Lord Anzius says...

Hi Sophie! What part of England. (My dad works in London)
I'll try and review some of your pieces.

It seems that no one has said this yet so I'll do it:

We here at YWS have a 2:1 policy... Meaning that you should do 2 reviews for every story post you've done. It sounds much, but before you know it you'll have 100 reviews and only 10 story posts :D

The points:
Some new members have some difficulties in understanding this so I'll explain it here:

When you post a stories you gain 50 p but loose 150 p, so in other words you loose 100 p.
You get points by reviewing, and posting on some community and group forums.

Nate (Our all powerful admin) resets every ones points to 300 once in a while. Reason being to give the new members a chance to get a top ranking on our points list.

Color names:
´Members whose names have been written with blue are called greeters (greet new members and help them to get accustomed to YWS),
purple means: instructor (Help with story writing, and about everything else you can think of)
Green: Moderator
red: Admin
yellow: distinguished member.

Why the heck am I not a greeter:
I'm too lazy for the job. :P

Do you have any hobbies?

If you want to know something just pm me.
To copy reality is good... But to create reality is much, much better.
-Giuseppe Verdi-

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Mon May 04, 2009 2:32 pm
Pippiedooda says...

Hi Sophie! :D You came to the right place, this site is brilliant for improving your writing skills and getting different opinions on your work :)

Well Lord Anzius covered a few things but I thought I'd mention that there is a brilliant chat room that you can access from the home page seeing as you said you would like to get to know some new members ^^ Everyone is so friendly so join in whenever you like! There is also an about the authors section under community where you can explain a bit more about your interests or read what others have posted so you can get to know them too :)

There is a rule on here that you can't really use chat speak, POV (point of view) and MC (Main character) are used but not much else, except for lol every now and then :) Also, you should rate your work when you do post something so if it is graphic or contains the f word then rate it R please ^^

What sort of things do you like to write? There is so much to do on here so I hope you enjoy it! I'm sure some other members will mention a few more features of YWS too, if you need anything feel free to PM me :)
"Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries"
-Monty Python and The Holy Grail

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Mon May 04, 2009 3:10 pm
mizz-iceberg says...

Hello Sophie! YWS is a wonderful place to get honest, unbiased opinions regarding one's writing.

Though at first some reviews may seem slightly harsh, I wouldn't worry about it. we're just trying to help. And if you like help you'll appreciate and give honest reviews in return.

The critiquing and reviewing is what keeps this place going.

This link should be helpful: viewarticlebody.php?t=40950

*Becomes friends with Sophie* I like meeting new people too! Check out the lounge, or maybe drop in to the chat sometime to meet new people.

So, tell us a bit more about yourself Sophie. What kind of things are you into other than writing? Favourite books? Favourite music? Movies?

If you need any help, reviews or have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to PM me.

Oh, and Welcome to YWS!

See you around!

-Zehra
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Mon May 04, 2009 3:45 pm
mimimac says...

Hey! I'm Mia! Welcome to YWS! :D
At first, YWS may seem a bit ...odd. xDThe greeters may seem too perky The moderators may seem scary. :P And the instructors may seem harsh. However, really we're only trying to help, and we're all very caring and amazing! :D

I suggest you join a usergroup. Go on 'groups' at the top of the page and pick one that you like. :) There are so many to choose from and they're a great way to make friends and have fun. At the moment, I would suggest checking out the 'completely evil plan' group. It's basically a plan cooked up by a member which includes a lot of writing. :P

If you need any grammar help or help about anything concerning writing or yws, click on the 'resources' at the top of the page and go into 'knowledge base'. These are a whole lot of articles written by YWS members which are really helpful! :)

Personally, I love YWS. It's helped me with my writing, and also with my writing style. I've actually attempted poetry since I was here which is saying something. ;) I hope you get the same experience from this awesome site!

PM me if you have any questions or if you need me to review anything of yours (except poetry... :P)
xxMiaxx
-mors aut honorabilis vita-

Forget the prince with a horse, I want a vampire with a volvo.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon May 04, 2009 9:30 pm
Linx says...

Hi there, and welcome to YWS, darling. :D We are like family here, and we love new members!

Did you see where Mimi talked about the Evil Plan? Well, you can click the link in my signature to check it out! :D

Also, if you ever need any help around the site or you need to talk about the site, feel free to PM me. Or, you can also PM someone from the Mod Squad. Those are the members with the dark green and red usernames, just in case you forgot. :wink:

Also here on YWS, we have an e-newsletter called Squills. It usually has articles about the site and about writing. If you want to look at some of the old issues, click the Squills button on the top header.

YWS also has it's own blog that you can check out as well, darling. You can view it by clicking the Blog button on the top header and click "YWS Blog."

Remember! If you ever need anything or you just want to talk, feel free to PM me at anytime. I'm almost always available. If you ever want anything reviewed, feel free to PM me as well. I'm an instructor, so I'll try to help as much as I can! :D

I hope to see you around! :D

*Lin
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

"We're just all nosy little busybodies."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi