z

Young Writers Society

Code 'Kid'

Reviews: 2
Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:35 am
Kid says...

My name is Kid and I'm 13 years old(almost 14! In a few months :( ) And I was actually born in August and not October but I personally like October better than August, so... XD

So I've got most of the rules down from this site (such as the 2:1 ratio, the color deal and the no chatspeak thing) and so now I suppose I ramble on about myself for the next few seconds or minutes.

Alrighty! :twisted:

HERE.
WE.
GO.

I read everything! Books are my entire world and I'd live in a library if I could, mainly because they smell good. Yoohoo's are my favorite drink and for snacks, I kick it a bit Asian and enjoy those incredible Pocky sticks.
I'm homeschooled.
I obsess over anime and I LOVE to draw it, who know's, maybe I'll post some of my drawings on here once we get a working scanner :D
Blue is my all time favorite color and shiny things distract me a lot but I like them. I'm an only child except for my two stepbrothers who live all the way across the country. I dream of being an astronuat but I don't think that's going to happen since I can't even spell that word. Speaking of grammar issues I just found out this year that I've been spelling 'later' wrong my entire life... He.
My favorite genre to write is fantasy because it's fun, but I do go for more realistic things as well.
Poetry is something I do a lot as well, my favorite poet is Edgar Allen Poe and I've almost completely memorized 'The Raven'! Woot!

So... that's me! Any other questions I'll be happy to answer if 'ya ask. :D
Last edited by Kid on Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Without suffering there would be no compassion.

~A Walk to Remember

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:28 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Welcome to YWS, Kid!

It's great to see you've got the main rules down. But, I still suggest you go through the FAQs, Guides and Rules if you haven't already. :D

Speaking of grammar issues I just found out this year that I've been smelling 'later' wrong my entire life... He.

I'm pretty sure you meant 'spelling'. ;) No worries.

There a lot of anime lovers here, and I think there's also anime group on YWS. Check it out sometime.

So get reviewing, writing and posting!
See you around the forum. And if you need any help at all, or just want a review, feel free to PM me.

Have fun!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:45 am
Kid says...

:? Wow, I'm embarrest... I'll fix the word right now.

Lol.

Thank you mizz-iceberg for making me feel welcome :D

~A Walk to Remember

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:04 am
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Hey, Kid. That sounds funny, saying that. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because that's what you say if you don't know someone's name... anywho.

You may have noticed that some people have colored user names. Here's a guide so you know everybody's job!

Black: Normal members, like you!
Blue: Greeters, like me! We greet new members and make sure they are comfortable with the sight. We answer their questions, too.
Purple: Instructors, they give the best, most in depth reviews. Feel free to ask them for one!
Light green: Junior Moderators. They have moderating power in some forums
Dark green: They moderate all forums.
Red: Site administrators, they make sure the site is running smoothly.
Orange: Distinguished members, retired moderators.

So, yeah. Welcome to YWS. Oh, I'm born in August, too. I like being born in the summer, actually. So, once again, welcome!
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:53 am
bubblegum says...

Hello kid! ^^

Welcome to YWS..
I'm sure you will have a great time here, and
I look forward to read your stuff.
Well, I guess I see you around?

~ Bubblegum
May all your dreams come true.. (even the ones they laughed at).

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:25 am
Snoink says...

Hello Kid! I hope you're not that crazy guy in The Prisoner. You know... The Kid. That was a rather creepy episode, y'know!

Okay... so I wasn't going to do this before but! XD

2:1 Ratio

Yeah. Ratios are lovely things. But, why exactly are we talking about ratios in a writer's society? Come on! Math??? Here????? Yeah right!

Except! Our lovely administrator is a math minor (he's studying law primarily). So there you go! Also, I do math tutoring, if you need it. I know that when I was homeschooled, I avoided math homework like the devil. My excuse? I was writing my novel. However... well... my parents stuck me in college when I was 14 and forced me to do math. Woe.

Colors

There is an orange color that you'll see around, probably. This color was chosen by me! Originally, it was a hard-to-read yellow. XD

4nd ch47 5p34k 15 7074||y 4w350m3, |1k3 0m6!!!

A couple of other things!

YWS has its own radio show. Yup. It's on at random times... the last one was on Easter, but my brother and I are working on another episode, and it's going to be totally awesome. You'll hear about it when it comes up. :) If you want to hear the other episodes, they're here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/yws

Another thing... I would love it if you could help out with a rather huge prank that YWS is trying to do on one of its members. It's really gigantic and it would be lovely if you could pitch in. ^^ Basically, we're trying to give her a book of a bunch of YWS members' writings... I would explain more, but she might see and then the surprise would be ruined! Anyway, if you're interested, join this usergroup: viewgroup.php?f=296

And yes... we do random projects for our members every once and a while, lol. XD

Something else that nobody seems to mention... plagiarism. Don't plagiarize. That will give you an automatic ban, no questions asked, and that would be sad! Also, if you see any plagiarism, you report it to a moderator quick. :P

Also, if you see anything weird that makes you feel uncomfortable, bug a moderator. It'll be good. ^_^

Um... this isn't long at all! XD

Anyway, I'll see you around YWS! If you need anything at all, don't hesitate to bother me. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:42 pm
Kid says...

I feel very welcomed! :D

Snoink: No, unfortunetly I'm not that crazy guy from The Prisoner. But, I am a genetically altered llama in disguise! 8)

~A Walk to Remember

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:25 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya!

Woo! Another homeschooled person. I've been homeschooling the past seven years and am now applying for college. :D

For those who need some help (don't we all), there are several ways to get writing help on YWS.

1- The Knowledge Base, found by right-clicking on Resources in the header and selecting the Knowledge Base, is full of articles on YWS, writing, poetry, and grammar! It's a great place to look for help. Poke around and read some articles. You might learn something. ^_^

2- Will Review for Food, a subforum under the Lounge, is where people say they'll critique on request. Just post on one of those threads and the person will review your work. Just be sure to read the first posts of those threads! Not everybody will critique everything.

3- Purples/instructors. We (points to purple username) are the ones who members go to when they want good reviews. We'll also help you if don't know how to critique, so ask us about anything! It'd be a good idea to see what purples review in your favourite genre and ask them instead of just picking a purple at random. You'll likely get a better critique/more help.

If you need anything, PM me! (I be a blue under this coat of purple, so you really can ask me anything. :D)

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 01, 2009 6:43 am
Snoink says...

Kid wrote:Snoink: No, unfortunetly I'm not that crazy guy from The Prisoner. But, I am a genetically altered llama in disguise! 8)

*shifty eyes* Even better!

Now, make a haiku off the top of your head about dead pens. Include the word "penguin" in it.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Fri May 01, 2009 11:23 am
Hannah says...

Poetry is something I do a lot as well, my favorite poet is Edgar Allen Poe and I've almost completely memorized 'The Raven'! Woot!

Once upon a midnight dreary...

Also! I just found this out since I accidentally clicked it, but apparently there's this little spell-check button to the top right of this box I'm writing in to post to you! =D I bet that could help you out a lot with your spelling errors, and would definitely help /me/ spell penguin for Snoink's pen poem. If I were you. Which I'm not.

=] Hi, Kid. <3

-Hannah from chat!-
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

Fri May 01, 2009 4:03 pm
Kid says...

Rosey Unicorn: Thank you! :D I'll be sure to ask you if I find anything I'm having trouble with.

Snoink: Let's see...

I've been sitting here for fifteen minutes and all I can think about is cats... XD

Hannah: Chat buddy! :D I see that button as well, yay for whoever put it there.

~A Walk to Remember

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Sat May 02, 2009 2:52 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Ah, yes that spell check button is awesome! But if you use Firefox it has a built in spell check so you can always keep your spelling in check. When I first joined, I was a typo queen, but I've gotten much better thanks to the spell check.

I have a special place in my heart for llama's, though I've never met a genetically altered one before... *looks at Kid suspiciously*

But, I think you'll do. =)
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 02, 2009 7:45 am
Snoink says...

Kid wrote:Snoink: Let's see...

I've been sitting here for fifteen minutes and all I can think about is cats... XD

LAME.

:P

But we still love you anyway!

Also, you should join The Completely [s]Evil[/s] Awesome Plan!

Lily you are my fig father
— Elliebanana