z

Young Writers Society

And the Werecat Stalks into the Night...

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:53 pm
Black Night Werecat says...

Hey, I'm Rika Valentine, or just Rika is fine, and I suppose this is where I tell a whole bunch of personal information about myself, right? :shock: This place is HUGE!!! I was referred here by a friend. I know her name, just not her username. ^^, Anywho, on with the show!!!

I am thirteen years old, with brown hair, a very pale complexion {from not going outside enough}, and eyes that change hues from blue to hazel to bluish-gray to just plain gray. As of yet, I have not found any particular pattern in the changes - I suspect though that it has something to do with my mood.

My favorite things to do are read and write {which is kind of obvious}, and fantasy is my favorite genre for both categories. My favorite series is most definately Harry Potter, without any trace of doubt.

I'm a big procrastinator, and I have yet to finish anything bigger than a poem, since I tend to be impulsive and drop stories right in the middle of them. I know - I'm crazy. And proud of it! :D

Umm... My favorite color is blue; favorite food is a tie between vanilla ice cream and flamin' hot cheetoes; and I LOOOOVVVEEE cats - black cats especially, though I think white or gray ones are adorable as well.

I can't really think of anything else right now, so I'm going to go explore.

au revoir, mes amis!

~Rika

(Call me Cat!)
Last edited by Black Night Werecat on Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:27 pm
Cold And Broken Halleluja says...

Yay! Another cat person... everyone I know loves dogs and strongly believes cats are "of the devil"... O.o

Anyway... Welcome to YWS! I'm sure you can find some procrastinating, fantasy-loving new friends on here (*points to self*). As I'm sure a Greeter (the people with blue usernames) will remind you, try to keep your review to post ratio somehwere around 2:1. ;) Can't wait to hear some writing from you, Cat!
"Soar, eat ether, see what has never been seen; depart, be lost, but climb." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Help me get that second star! If you need a review, just send me a PM. (Keep it PG, please. Except for violence... I can handle that. ^^ )

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:29 am
Adnamarine says...

Hiya!!!!

This place IS huge, isn't it? It's so so great. I hope you're having fun already! D: It can get a little confusing at first, but that's what I'm here for :) Any help you need, I'm here for ya. :)
Also, if you want somebody to show you around the site, review your stuff, etc. for you first month or so, we have a mentor list you can look through, find somebody to match you, and they'll sort of ease you into the swing of things. Here's the link for the list: topic20053.html

Now, Hallelujah did mention one of the rules briefly. I see you already have 2 review xD So now you can go ahead and post some of your things to get reviews! But like she said, try to do at least two reviews for each story/poem you post.
I also want to mention that chatspeak is frowned on, and you should as much as possible use correct grammer and punctuation. This IS a writer's site after all. =)

I love to read fantasy too. =) That, and a lot of classics, especially Jane Austen.
So you write poetry I see? Poetry's my thing. xD I hardly write stories, pretty much all poetry. If you're interested, there's a poetry usergroup here.

One more thing I want to mention that's a bit unusual for our typical greets. There's a project that recently got started, and we're especially hoping to get some new members in on it! Here's the link: viewgroup.php?f=296 There's not a lot of details in the group, because it's a secret from the prankee. xD But you can PM Snoink, or me if you want, for the details about it. =) I really hope you decide to join.

If you have any questions about anything or just wanna talk, send me a PM!
I'm really looking forward to seeing you around the site. :)

-Nam
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

So, Adna's covered the rules, but I'd like to tell you a bit more about some of the stuff on YWS!

The Knowledge Base is a place you can go for articles on YWS, how-tos for writing techniques and there's some poetry in there as well! You can find the Knowledge Base (sometimes called the KB) by right clicking on Resources in the header and selecting the Knowledge Base. Have fun!

Another place to get help/reviews is Will Review for Food, a subforum under The Lounge. There people post that they review things on request. Just please be sure to read the first posts of those threads. Not all critics review everything.

If you need anything, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Sun May 03, 2009 8:42 am
Pippiedooda says...

Hi cat! :D I love cats too! Have you got any pet cats? I've got one very large black one and a slim tabby :P

I hope you are enjoying YWS so far, there certainly is a lot to explore but I hope you'll find it's lots of fun ^^ I'm a bit of a procrastinator too, but don't worry YWS is a great help for that. If you get halfway through a story then why not post it and get some ideas on how to continue? Everyone here is really kind so you'll be bound to have some reviews and people offering their thoughts :)

As the rules have already been covered I thought I'd just mention that there is a brilliant chat room that is easily accessible from the home page and it's a great way of meeting other members here and getting to know some people. If you did want to write a longer post to let people know more about you there is also the About the Authors section where you can read a bit about other members too :P

You might already know this but I thought I'd point it out in case anyway :P There are some members on here who you might have noticed have different coloured names to the rest, here's a brief overview of what that means-
Purple's are instructors (like me), which means they give in depth critiques and you can ask them for a review if you need one too :)
Blue's are greeters, so they are generally first on the welcome form to explain the rules to new members, they are also there to answer any questions you might have
Light green's are junior moderators who help the moderators (the next ones)
Dark green's are the regular moderators
Red's are administrators who make sure everything is running smoothly on the site
Orange's are distinguished members who are no longer active on YWS

There are plenty of other things to do on here but I shall leave that up to your exploring! If you need anything don't hesitate to PM me :)
"Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries"
-Monty Python and The Holy Grail

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Sun May 03, 2009 9:21 am
mimimac says...

Hello there Cat! I'm Mia :D

I think all the basic rules have been pointed out, I thought I'd just tell you one or two small things that will help you navigate through YWS ect.

Well, one of the things I thought I'd say is that although chatspeak is NOT allowed (like at all), we do allow certain term abbreviations such as: MC (Main character), brb, lol, ect. Please make sure these are the only ones you use. :)

I see you've already reviewed 7 things :D. However, if you would like to learn how best to review, go here:
viewarticlebody.php?t=40950

We have an awesome chat room here:
http://host7110.123flashchat.com/youngwriterssociety/
However, no chat speak, talking in all caps are doing this: heeeelllooo!!!! :P

You may have noticed that some of us have stars under our names, and some are even blue or orange. The star ranking system works in this way:

viewarticlebody.php?t=19230

You only need to get to 25 reviews to get your second star, so go for it. :D

Okay, now on to you. :D
I absolutely love your eyes, mine are just plain brown. -.-
I love cats too, I have two at home, what about you?
If you're having any trouble, please feel free to PM me. Also feel free to ask for reviews on your work (unless it's poetry... xD).
xxMiaxx
Last edited by mimimac on Sun May 03, 2009 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-mors aut honorabilis vita-

Forget the prince with a horse, I want a vampire with a volvo.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Sun May 03, 2009 1:32 pm
Musicaloo7311 says...

Hello, Cat! I'm Music.

I noticed you signed out using French. Do you know anymore, perhaps? I'm enrolled in a French class, so that's why I'm asking. I'm always looking for someone to practice with. :D

So, you love Harry Potter? Well, there's a Usergroup for that, my dear! Just follow this link to Harry Potter fans galore!

While this site is pretty big, you'll get used to it soon. :) One thing that helps me keep track of all the things I'm interested in is clicking on the "View posts since last visit" button. It lets you see a list of every post someone's done while you weren't logged on. Find it on My YWS or the Home Page. :)

Questions or problems? PM me. :D

Hope to see you around the forum!

Love,
Music
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave.
— Mo Willems